Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Michigan 2010 Offseason -- And the next head coach is...

With wooden traffic signs ?!?!?
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      With wooden traffic signs ?!?!?
      I'm a little more concerned that he told a 19 year old player to drive home drunk.
      Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Well, yes, there's that, too. But I'd also worry about the mentality of players that would beat their coach with traffic signs.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          But I'd also worry about the mentality of players that would beat their coach with traffic signs.
          Welcome to European bush league hockey.
          Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Good hire. It figures WMU would need to get a Bulldog to fix their hockey program. Maybe it'll make our rivalry a little bit more competitive.

But seriously, I am jealous.
            "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
            - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
            CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Any idea of when we might have a schedule for next year?

Comment

Originally posted by YooperWMU View Post
                In typical WMU fashion it probably won't be out until two weeks before the first game.
                Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

In the meantime, I'll be watching the Badgers and their first Hobey Baker winner ever, Blake "Bam Bam" Geoffrion, take on BC tomorrow night. On, Wisconsin!

Then I'll be patiently waiting for Bronco hockey season to start. It's too bad the ferry doesn't operate in the winter so I could avoid driving through the mess they call the Tri-State/Edens/Dan Ryan/Bishop Ford/Chicago Skyway...I'd like to get back to the 'Zoo for a series next year. I'd also like a new job with my new degree but that doesn't seem to be happening very fast, either...*sigh*
                  Originally posted by Jack Layton's last words to Canada
                  My friends, hope is better than anger, love is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be Hopeful, Loving, and Optimistic, and we'll change the world.

Comment

Jeff Blashill comes form my hometown. We even had a few games of street hockey together as kids.

Best of luck to him next year.

Comment

Great hire by Western. Blashill did a great job here at Miami and I expect the same at Western. I'm lookng for MAC domination in the CCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                        I'm lookng for MAC domination in the CCHA.
                        I like the way you think.
                        Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by YooperWMU View Post
                          Don't worry, they'll find a way to get us to travel to Northern twice next year.
                          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Any idea how they will handle the clusters next season with an odd number of teams? Will it get dropped?
                            B2
                            It will only get better!

Comment

My pick for the Broncos' new coach, Mark Osiecki, just got hired by Ohio State.

I knew he'd go somewhere.
                              Originally posted by Jack Layton's last words to Canada
                              My friends, hope is better than anger, love is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be Hopeful, Loving, and Optimistic, and we'll change the world.

Comment

Originally posted by BII View Post
                                Any idea how they will handle the clusters next season with an odd number of teams? Will it get dropped?
                                The Big Ten teams will play each other 4 times each. All other teams will play four teams four time and six teams twice. The schedule is set to rotate over an eight year period so that all things will be equal in terms of number of times you play each school and how many times at home and away. The playoff format is likely to be decided this week in the meetings in Florida. My guess is that with no 12th team, that #5 will join 1-4 with first round byes and then you'll have 6 vs 11, 7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9 to fill the other three slots in the quarterfinals.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X