You Guys Again? UNH Wildcats @ UMD Bulldogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Guys Again? UNH Wildcats @ UMD Bulldogs

The Wildcats travel West this time, but these two teams face each other for the 157th time in the past 5 years, in the NCAA Tourney.

I've been very lax in following the Lady 'Cats this year, but am looking forward to this series.

GAME ON
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Re: You Guys Again? UNH Wildcats @ UMD Bulldogs

During the summer, while I was working a tall ship visit to NH, I met Senator Klobuchur, D-Minn. She and her daughter were playing tourist and walking the towne...with not one security guard or state trooper, nothing but she and her daughter....simply a real down to earth women, very, very nice...so of course I told her about my UNH-UMD experiences, and she proceeded to tell the story of when the Bulldogs visited the White House....she was so proud of the team....as one who bleeds blue and white, I totally respect and enjoyed her reaction, mainly because we talked women's hockey...point being that even though I would love to see Martin have as bad a game as she did vs.Canada, and have UNH pummel UMD,remember folks we all are on the side of women's hockeyand promotion of our favoured sport......okay? So now let's begin to hate each other for the week ahead!! Go Cats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
      During the summer, while I was working a tall ship visit to NH, I met Senator Klobuchur, D-Minn. She and her daughter were playing tourist and walking the towne...with not one security guard or state trooper, nothing but she and her daughter....simply a real down to earth women, very, very nice...so of course I told her about my UNH-UMD experiences, and she proceeded to tell the story of when the Bulldogs visited the White House....she was so proud of the team....as one who bleeds blue and white, I totally respect and enjoyed her reaction, mainly because we talked women's hockey...point being that even though I would love to see Martin have as bad a game as she did vs.Canada, and have UNH pummel UMD,remember folks we all are on the side of women's hockeyand promotion of our favoured sport......okay? So now let's begin to hate each other for the week ahead!! Go Cats!!!
      Well....Martin won't be playing, so that potential guilty pleasure is off the table

Comment

Hey, I'll put my teeth in for ya!

Comment

I hope to see the Wildcats in Minneapolis.
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Is there any specific reason UNH "hates" UMD aside from losing in the past?

I think it will take a pretty huge effort for UNH to beat UMD on it's own rink. UMD is playing exceptionally well right now . . . the team is focused and hard working.

It would seem like it should be a great game.

Go DOGS!!!!!

Comment

A clean program...haha, as opposed the the current UMD staff sending their NCAA mandated last game dvd to Brent Selman of Duke Ice Hockey in Durham NC, instead of Durham, NH today? Or not booking hotels in advance, like all teams applying to host regional games, so the Wildcats will be staying 4.5 hours away from Duluth? Oh, or the fact that UMD hasn't returned a single UNH call yet today? Hahaha, yeah, plenty clean!!!!

UNH is staying 4.5 hours away, which as as close as they can get to Duluth. That is shady. Almost as shady as the fact that Brent Selman ended up with the mandatory last game dvd of the dogs, instead of our coaching staff. So while UMD is breaking the Wildcats down today, our disc is in the mail, thanks to the Blue Devil staff which agree this is lame. Nice try UMD.
              Last edited by freak; 03-08-2010, 12:52 PM.
              113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by binnyrus View Post
                Is there any specific reason UNH "hates" UMD aside from losing in the past?
                It might have something to do with antics in the handshake line in 2008, and taunting at the end of last year's game. Just sayin...
                113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                  A clean program...haha, as opposed the the current UMD staff sending their NCAA mandated last game dvd to Brent Selman of Duke Ice Hockey in Durham NC, instead of Durham, NH today? Or not booking hotels in advance, like all teams applying to host regional games, so the Wildcats will be staying 4.5 hours away from Duluth? Oh, or the fact that UMD hasn't returned a single UNH call yet today? Hahaha, yeah, plenty clean!!!!

UNH is staying 4.5 hours away, which as as close as they can get to Duluth. That is shady. Almost as shady as the fact that Brent Selman ended up with the mandatory last game dvd of the dogs, instead of our coaching staff. So while UMD is breaking the Wildcats down today, our disc is in the mail, thanks to the Blue Devil staff which agree this is lame. Nice try UMD.
                  Oh do I find this all so humorous!!!!! ....these accusations are pathetic.........
                  Thank you Seniors, Rasmussen,Blais,Tuominen,Murray ,Hakala...your contributions will never be forgotten.
                  2010 National Champions!!!! And lets not forget 2008 as well!!

Comment

binnyrus, I have to agree with you in that UNH has a big job ahead of themselves...even though it's why we play the games, with out Birchard, a player whom averaged 30 + miniutes a game on D, and being so young, I imagine the game will be like most of our season....if Minton can play herself a great game, and we skate like we're able, the game will be close...hell even last year, with 16 players it was 1-0 UMD into the third period....who knows, maybe we'll get some bounces for a change, and play the game we did in '06' when Martin was on fire, and get a UNH outcome...but yes, I think we begin the game swimming upstream......
                    and to clarify, the use of the term "hate" was in fun....a state that's sart enough to elect a women as genuine as Klobachur can't be all bad....btw, I live in Maine and we have 2 Lady Senators, Collins and Snowe

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Reaper View Post
                      Oh do I find this all so humorous!!!!! ....these accusations are pathetic.........
                      Somebody didn't get it. Shocking.
                      113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                        binnyrus, I have to agree with you in that UNH has a big job ahead of themselves...even though it's why we play the games, with out Birchard, a player whom averaged 30 + miniutes a game on D, and being so young, I imagine the game will be like most of our season....if Minton can play herself a great game, and we skate like we're able, the game will be close...hell even last year, with 16 players it was 1-0 UMD into the third period....who knows, maybe we'll get some bounces for a change, and play the game we did in '06' when Martin was on fire, and get a UNH outcome...but yes, I think we begin the game swimming upstream......
                        and to clarify, the use of the term "hate" was in fun....a state that's sart enough to elect a women as genuine as Klobachur can't be all bad....btw, I live in Maine and we have 2 Lady Senators, Collins and Snowe
                        It's very cool that you got to meet and talk with Sen Klobuchar . . . she is indeed a very genuine, kind person and a great representative of and for the State of Minnesota.

I have to admit - I haven't paid as much attention this year to the eastern teams as in the past, I've got to study up a bit on UNH. Birchard I assume, was injured and is now out for the season? Just quickly perusing the roster - the wildcats are a young team . . . very, very similar to UMD.

Comment

Somebody didn't get it. Shocking.
                          Oh I got it allright........someone else didnt

That is all HEARSAY.......STRICTLY HEARSAY
                          Thank you Seniors, Rasmussen,Blais,Tuominen,Murray ,Hakala...your contributions will never be forgotten.
                          2010 National Champions!!!! And lets not forget 2008 as well!!

Comment

Even if they didn't get the video do you really think it was mis-sent on purpose? C'mon.... Also, we live in a day and age where files can be compressed and sent digitally. So it's not like their aren't options as far as video goes.

And UNH having to stay 4.5 hours away seems odd to me. Worst case scenario if they had to stay in Minneapolis, it's 3 hours away at best. IF this is truly the case, how does UMD have any power over where they stay?

Really-- I don't hate UNH and I'm not sure why this has to be like this.

Comment

Originally posted by just_a_fan View Post
                              Even if they didn't get the video do you really think it was mis-sent on purpose? C'mon.... Also, we live in a day and age where files can be compressed and sent digitally. So it's not like their aren't options as far as video goes.

And UNH having to stay 4.5 hours away seems odd to me. Worst case scenario if they had to stay in Minneapolis, it's 3 hours away at best. IF this is truly the case, how does UMD have any power over where they stay?

Really-- I don't hate UNH and I'm not sure why this has to be like this.
                              Did you happen to notice the color of the text?
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X