X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA First Round: #9 Anchorage at #2 Wisconsin

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    He may be a little chippy, but it's because he hates to lose
    He chose a bad place to play hockey if that's the case...
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

So those of us outside of Madison w/o charter have no TV this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
        So those of us outside of Madison w/o charter have no TV this weekend?
        Unfortunately for you, it looks like it.

A couple Madison radio stations had Mark Silverman (pres btn) on the air during the past week, apparently only to kiss his ***. They did not take ANY calls. The interviews were pretty much without substance.

I did try calling in to one of the shows to ask SilverSPOON why men's hockey takes a back seat to ladies bb, wrestling, and other non-rev sports, or why it's not even on at all, but the producer said we aren't taking calls.

Innova -- one topic I wanted to bring up was the tale delay on WPB across the state which pretty much is non-existent thanks to the BTN.

Memo to Madison media, grow some balls and put this guy on with live call ins.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          A couple Madison radio stations had Mark Silverman (pres btn) on the air during the past week, apparently only to kiss his ***. They did not take ANY calls. The interviews were pretty much without substance.

I did try calling in to one of the shows to ask SilverSPOON why men's hockey takes a back seat to ladies bb, wrestling, and other non-rev sports, or why it's not even on at all, but the producer said we aren't taking calls.

Memo to Madison media, grow some balls and put this guy on with live call ins.
          SilverSPOON was on Lucas and Lepay about a month ago and he flat out said they only want to show b11 hockey teams when they play each other. He said the b11 network is all about the b11 teams and non b11 teams don't fit the profile of those they are marketing to. That says it all.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            SilverSPOON was on Lucas and Lepay about a month ago and he flat out said they only want to show b11 hockey teams when they play each other. He said the b11 network is all about the b11 teams and non b11 teams don't fit the profile of those they are marketing to. That says it all.
            They seem to air plenty of non-conference football (which I realize is a different beast altogether) and basketball games.

Comment

Food for thought: Wisconsin can probably guarantee themselves a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament by winning 1 out of 3 this weekend. 2 for 3 OR 2 for 2, and it would still be up in the air.

It's all about the TUC record. It doesn't hurt it to lose to UAA, but it could if the Badgers have a bad weekend at the X. That's what happened to SCSU three years ago - everyone thought they were pretty much a shoo-in for a #1 seed, but then they went to the X and dropped games to UND and UW, and they fell to a #2 seed. If they'd have thrown that 3 OT game against UMD, they would have been a #1 seed.

Bear in mind... 3 of the 4 Frozen Four teams last season didn't play the week before the NCAA tournament. It was almost 4 for 4, since UNH barely missed beating BU in the regionals. SCSU can attest to this one too - the last two teams they lost to in the NCAA tournament (Clarkson and Maine) also had the week off before it. Remember that Miami upset over UNH in Manchester? Yup - same deal there.

I'm not saying throw this weekend... just don't feel too bad if the Seawolves punch a ticket instead.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                Food for thought: Wisconsin can probably guarantee themselves a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament by winning 1 out of 3 this weekend. 2 for 3 OR 2 for 2, and it would still be up in the air.

It's all about the TUC record. It doesn't hurt it to lose to UAA, but it could if the Badgers have a bad weekend at the X. That's what happened to SCSU three years ago - everyone thought they were pretty much a shoo-in for a #1 seed, but then they went to the X and dropped games to UND and UW, and they fell to a #2 seed. If they'd have thrown that 3 OT game against UMD, they would have been a #1 seed.

Bear in mind... 3 of the 4 Frozen Four teams last season didn't play the week before the NCAA tournament. It was almost 4 for 4, since UNH barely missed beating BU in the regionals. SCSU can attest to this one too - the last two teams they lost to in the NCAA tournament (Clarkson and Maine) also had the week off before it. Remember that Miami upset over UNH in Manchester? Yup - same deal there.

I'm not saying throw this weekend... just don't feel too bad if the Seawolves punch a ticket instead.
                People smarter than I have figured out that we already clinched a #1.

Comment

IIRC, UW didn't make the Final Five a couple years ago when the regional was at the KC, and they were very close to making the Frozen Four. And one of the years DU won it a few years ago they missed the Final Five as well, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                    IIRC, UW didn't make the Final Five a couple years ago when the regional was at the KC, and they were very close to making the Frozen Four. And one of the years DU won it a few years ago they missed the Final Five as well, I think.
                    It happens. I'd prefer to be on a bit of a roll heding into the NCAA's though.

Interesting story. I was at an event that Denver's coach George Gwozdecki was speaking. They had just come off the NCAA title that you speak of. He flat out admitted, if they don't get that week of rest when they missed the Final Five, they would not have won the tournament.

But they were very, very, very banged up and needed to rest some of their injured players. The Badgers don't have that issue.

Comment

I believe YOU Tim, then why wasn't WI @ MN live on the BTN? He's just a ****ing liar, period. (Old debate.)

Regarding this weekend, let's show the basketball team how to dispose of an opponent, below us in the standings, in a league tourney.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I am getting pumped! I need so badly to flush that aweful stinking Sunday game out of my mind. What a bunch of dipwads.

Wisconsin Hockey: No alibi's, no regrets; 2010. Live it. Learn it. Love it.

Let's go RED!!!!!!!!
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I thought the game was on TV tonight. I am not seeing it

Comment

I am getting pumped! I need so badly to flush that aweful stinking Sunday game out of my mind. What a bunch of dipwads.

Wisconsin Hockey: No alibi's, no regrets; 2010. Live it. Learn it. Love it.

Let's go RED!!!!!!!!
                            RT

Comment

Originally posted by Red Till I'm Dead! View Post
                              I thought the game was on TV tonight. I am not seeing it
                              what service do you have and where are you located?

Comment

I have charter, in Waterloo wi, just east of Madison

Comment

Working...
                                X