Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA First Round: #9 Anchorage at #2 Wisconsin

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    Yeah...I think it's clear that there isn't going to be a change made. I just don't understand why. Turnbull plays one game because of injuries after not playing for 3 1/2 months and scores a goal. Pat Johnson has 1 point in his past 16 games. You could literally do nothing on the ice for 16 games and luck into more than 1 point.
    yeah i don't understand it either. 1 point in 16 games, i think grotting has more then that...
    The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
      yeah i don't understand it either. 1 point in 16 games, i think grotting has more then that...
      Has Andy Baggot drilled Eaves on this yet? He should be in the next press conference if he hasn't already.
      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        I have no idea what to expect from my team. But then again, I was shocked to see how poorly the Badgers played tonight against the Gophers. UAA may be getting them at the right time.

Too bad UAA lost the tie breaker with Mankato, I really thought they matched up better against St. Cloud, but it is what it is.
        I highly doubt UW hasn't lost 2 games in a row all season or lost 2 of 3 all season and is 13-3-3 at home. But goodluck...
        The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
          Both games are on TV, by the way, in Wisconsin. Friday is live and Saturday is on a delay. I am going to be there Friday. I'm not even going to think about a Sunday game.
          I hope we get them up here. Fox Sports (FCSC) simply says "teams to be announced".
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
            I highly doubt UW hasn't lost 2 games in a row all season or lost 2 of 3 all season and is 13-3-3 at home. But goodluck...
            Well, I can hope. UAA has done it in Madison before. And despite their record, this is one of the best UAA teams I have seen in a long time.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Has Andy Baggot drilled Eaves on this yet? He should be in the next press conference if he hasn't already.
              Forget about points. Turnbull has the ability to change the momentum or course of a game, patty has had 23 games to try to do that and haven't seen him do it once. Patty has been invisible out there all season long. He's not big enough to throw a big hit or move anybody out of the way, he's not big enough to handle in front of the net, he wins a decent amount of battles in the corners for a guy his size but Turnbull can do way more. Patty's shot is decent but he misses the net more often then not...Its just crazy.. Great kid but shouldn't be playing right now...
              The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                It'll probably be a scrappy series, important the guys don't do anything stupid.
                As much as I'd like to see Patty Johnson go, I sincerely doubt Eaves does any lineup juggling now. Guess we're stuck with him.
                Does anybody want to post why...or in other words, write what were all thinking?
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  Does anybody want to post why...or in other words, write what were all thinking?
                  Johnson is playing because of his name.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Well this is the worst match up. Lets goon it up boys and send the badgers badgered.

I think we'll get swept. lose with class or goon it up? hmmmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra View Post
                      Well this is the worst match up. Lets goon it up boys and send the badgers badgered.

I think we'll get swept. lose with class or goon it up? hmmmmm...
                      UAA was trying to pick a lot of fights in the last series so "gooning it up" wouldn't surprise me. I, myself, would prefer some good hockey this weekend, though, win or lose.
                      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

UAA was trying to pick a lot of fights in the last series so "gooning it up" wouldn't surprise me. I, myself, would prefer some good hockey this weekend, though, win or lose.
                        I watched your game against Minnesota on Sunday, and the Badgers did plenty of gooning it up. If it happens this weekend, that is unfortunate, but it won't be all UAA causing it.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I watched your game against Minnesota on Sunday, and the Badgers did plenty of gooning it up. If it happens this weekend, that is unfortunate, but it won't be all UAA causing it.
                          It's the playoffs - if either team gets frustrated with the way the game is playing out, "gooning it up" may be seen as a way to get a needed edge. I don't expect either team to quietly go down to defeat.

I certainly expect the Badgers to play a high energy, hard hitting game and if that happens (the inconsistent play of this year's team leaves room for doubt), they may be accused of gooning by a recipient team. Although, hopefully they keep it within the rules and the hits are "clean".

Comment

I watched your game against Minnesota on Sunday, and the Badgers did plenty of gooning it up.
                            I agree 100%. Over the course of the season, I would say UW hasn't been a gooney team. I have no idea why they decided to goon it up like a bunch of terds Sunday instead of spanking the little rodent butts. Let the scoreboard do the talking. It was embarrassing. I'd love to hear Eaves on why his team acted like that.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I agree 100%. Over the course of the season, I would say UW hasn't been a gooney team. I have no idea why they decided to goon it up like a bunch of terds Sunday instead of spanking the little rodent butts. Let the scoreboard do the talking. It was embarrassing. I'd love to hear Eaves on why his team acted like that.
                              I'm sure it was because the team was frustrated. That always makes the guys play more physical, and they don't always play with their emotions in check. Happens to all teams.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Johnson is playing because of his name.
                                Hello, elephant in the room.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X