PDA

View Full Version : RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

rvd5star69
04-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Congrats to Seth... He will get a 4 year contract extension. That is 6 more total years of Seth, and hopefully many 20 win seasons.... and an ECAC TITLE!! :D ;) :cool:

Ralph Baer
04-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Congrats to Seth... He will get a 4 year contract extension. That is 6 more total years of Seth, and hopefully many 20 win seasons.... and an ECAC TITLE!! :D ;) :cool:

That's much better news than signing another forward. :)

Ralph Baer
04-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Rogic scores an overtime goal (about 55 second mark) splitting the defense http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGzPCyticMI

Edit: Another goal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0yrjDKvF50

GreatLakerMohawk
04-07-2010, 12:06 PM
I've already thought of a wildly insensitive Asian-themed nickname for him.

Red Cloud
04-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Saying this out loud so Ralph doesn't have to - we just landed another forward and he's listed for next season... and he's a center. This sounds like we're making up for something. Is this something concrete that would lend one to believe that WS will not in fact owe me an adult beverage?

Ralph Baer
04-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Saying this out loud so Ralph doesn't have to - we just landed another forward and he's listed for next season... and he's a center. This sounds like we're making up for something. Is this something concrete that would lend one to believe that WS will not in fact owe me an adult beverage?

WS also? ;)

Yes, I indeed didn't say anything, although it certainly crossed my mind. :D :(

redhead18
04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Luke Curadi is listed at #125 for North American Skaters on the final NHL Central Scouting Rankings. He was the only current RPI player or recruit listed.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/app?service=page&page=draftprospectbrowse&cat=1&year=2010&pg=5

Steven Beyers who was spotted at HFH earlier this season is also listed at #199.

DrDemento
04-07-2010, 02:56 PM

:(

ThePeople
04-07-2010, 03:15 PM

This confuses me...he has not had a good season yet, we just lost our recruiting coach, attendance has been pathetic, he had more than enough talent this past season with a junior/senior defense core + player of the year + 2nd best goalie in the league + rookie of the year...which all amounted to 6th place in a weak league and a first round loss to a first year head coach.
Sure the team showed glimpses of brilliance, but they had more games where they were just not good.
Ask anyone around campus about hockey and they'll tell you "I don't go because the team is bad".
I've been excited about every single year knowing how good the players are and how good the recruits are, but the result has been the same every year...will more talent even help? will we even get more talent? will another year of experience for Jerry + Pirri help or will they end up like AAG + Cullen playing mediocre hockey for most of the season and only really showing up for a couple games
As a good player would you want to go to a team that is academically challenging, gets low attendance, hasn't showed any ability to win, and has a coach that is young and has openly blamed/insulted his players for losing games?
So theres basically reason to believe that Jerry might only play one more year, same with Pirri, and that Laliberte may not come. So now...explain.

I'm open to opinions, please tell me why he deserves that large of an extension at this point. We should also keep in mind that Yale's coach came in the same time as Appert...look what hes done. Or how about what Leaman has done with significantly less talent.
Persuade me without saying 'our recruits are good' or 'we have talented players', because we did last year and even the year before. Enlighten me on why Appert is such a great coach despite the team making the same mistakes all year long and losing to teams that were not good or teams that were playing without most of their best players

GreatLakerMohawk
04-07-2010, 03:26 PM
http://i134.***********.com/albums/q109/StatMan79/obsession.jpg

FlagDUDE08
04-07-2010, 05:22 PM
This confuses me...he has not had a good season yet, we just lost our recruiting coach, attendance has been pathetic, he had more than enough talent this past season with a junior/senior defense core + player of the year + 2nd best goalie in the league + rookie of the year...which all amounted to 6th place in a weak league and a first round loss to a first year head coach.
Sure the team showed glimpses of brilliance, but they had more games where they were just not good.
Ask anyone around campus about hockey and they'll tell you "I don't go because the team is bad".
I've been excited about every single year knowing how good the players are and how good the recruits are, but the result has been the same every year...will more talent even help? will we even get more talent? will another year of experience for Jerry + Pirri help or will they end up like AAG + Cullen playing mediocre hockey for most of the season and only really showing up for a couple games
As a good player would you want to go to a team that is academically challenging, gets low attendance, hasn't showed any ability to win, and has a coach that is young and has openly blamed/insulted his players for losing games?
So theres basically reason to believe that Jerry might only play one more year, same with Pirri, and that Laliberte may not come. So now...explain.

I'm open to opinions, please tell me why he deserves that large of an extension at this point. We should also keep in mind that Yale's coach came in the same time as Appert...look what hes done. Or how about what Leaman has done with significantly less talent.
Persuade me without saying 'our recruits are good' or 'we have talented players', because we did last year and even the year before. Enlighten me on why Appert is such a great coach despite the team making the same mistakes all year long and losing to teams that were not good or teams that were playing without most of their best players

Don't trip on the Approach steps on your way to Schenectady.

IMO
04-07-2010, 06:49 PM

Problems are created solely by false thinking-unawareness-ignorance. Problems cannot be solved by trying to fix the outcome but the thought process is where true change begins. Change requires an open mind-with an open mind all things are then possible.

Wicked Slappaahs
04-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Don't trip on the Approach steps on your way to Schenectady.

:) :) :) I'll pay for one-way cab fare.

Wicked Slappaahs
04-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Problems are created solely by false thinking-unawareness-ignorance. Problems cannot be solved by trying to fix the outcome but the thought process is where true change begins. Change requires an open mind-with an open mind all things are then possible.

Confucius, is that you ? :p :)

Wicked Slappaahs
04-07-2010, 08:31 PM
New 2010 recruit according to Chris Heisenberg

Johnny Rogic-RC Alberni Valley (BCHL) 6' 185 11-14-90 RPI 59-18-29-47-36 40-4-7-11-34

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_profile.cfm?clientID=1413&leagueID=2393&teamID=224088&playerID=387460

That was unexpected. More to follow.

Interesting. Even though I posted that I thought we'd see a surprise kid or two, Rogic is a surprise. Sounds like Monty landed one more kid onhis way out the door. I like the fact that we've got one of Nolan Graham's players.

I knew Seth has been out west, but didn't know the trip was this fruitful. :D

Wicked Slappaahs
04-07-2010, 08:37 PM
AC Bryan Vines will be one of the coaches working at the USJDP camp in Denver this June.

http://usjdp.com/index.php?topic=Staff&subtopic=Prep%20Camp%20Staff&col=3

Wicked Slappaahs
04-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Rogic scores an overtime goal (about 55 second mark) splitting the defense http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGzPCyticMI

Edit: Another goal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0yrjDKvF50

Clutch goal...pretty too. :D

Wicked Slappaahs
04-07-2010, 08:57 PM
G Burgdoerfer had 3 goals as a freshman on a very good Air Force team that went to the frozen eight ( can I say that) with a lot of upper class scoring. He may be a pleasant surprise in the points dept. I also look for Lee to have a good second year. He started off the season impressively from reports all over the ice but then got hurt. Look for him to live up to billing. Tyler H should be healthy and hopefully can put up big numbers next season.
I agree about Greg. B. and would add that he spent this season practicing with the team so there won't be a learning curve for him this fall.

Wicked Slappaahs
04-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Post 657? :p :D ;)

Shoulda known...been traveling and haven't been keeping up on the thread...:p

Wicked Slappaahs
04-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Does anyone know how many spaces there are in the locker room? ;)

Defencemen will dress in the hallway..:p