This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2010 -- The Calm Before the Storm

I've noticed that Helfrich has gotten worse as the seasons go by. Does anyone have an idea as to why that is? I think Chase still has a pretty good shot at being in the Hobey top 3. Definitely a finalist.

Comment

Today is 9 March 2010. There are 213 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 8 October for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by EngineEar View Post
        Wasn't this just a thread boasting that they believe in Seth Appert?! Talk about fair weather friends.
        Yes, and the phrase to the left of this post still stands. However, there are some weirdos that still want him gone just because 8 out of 12 teams don't make it to Albany and we happened to be one of them. I'm just taking their mugshots, shutting the latch, and saying "Good Riddance" as the bandwagon makes its way to either Schenectady or Potsdam.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Yes, and the phrase to the left of this post still stands. However, there are some weirdos that still want him gone just because 8 out of 12 teams don't make it to Albany and we happened to be one of them. I'm just taking their mugshots, shutting the latch, and saying "Good Riddance" as the bandwagon makes its way to either Schenectady or Potsdam.
          I don't know how many people who read USCHO also subscribe to the RPI Sports list, but IMHO this thread has been relatively sane compared to the recent goings on there.

Someone complained about Jerry D'Amigo a while back. This elicited a response from Jerry's mother. The posts have been going steadily downhill since then. I won't go into any detail or give my opinion because nothing will be served by similar posts here except to aggravate me further.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI's power play finished at 39 for 213 or 18.3%. So Brandon Pirri made good on his promise of at least 15% (with a bit of help from Chase Polacek ).
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I don't know how many people who read USCHO also subscribe to the RPI Sports list, but IMHO this thread has been relatively sane compared to the recent goings on there.

Someone complained about Jerry D'Amigo a while back. This elicited a response from Jerry's mother. The posts have been going steadily downhill since then. I won't go into any detail or give my opinion because nothing will be served by similar posts here except to aggravate me further.
              Looks like I quit that list at just the right time. The mouth-breathers who whine on that list make TimV look sane and rational by comparison.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                RPI's power play finished at 39 for 213 or 18.3%. So Brandon Pirri made good on his promise of at least 15% (with a bit of help from Chase Polacek ).
                A good number and an obvious improvement. Still showed some disorganization at times and needs to be more consistent. The PK when we were 5 on 4 was quite a bit better also. When we are down 2 men? I won't even approach that subject. I'm not sure how many games going down 2 men cost us this year but it had to be several. I enjoyed this team immensely this year and found them extremely entertaining and talented. My only criticism would be that I am not sure I saw all that much progress from some individuals as the year went on. Some of the players actually seemed more proficient in the first 10 games of the season than they did in the last 10. Not sure why that should be, but just an observation. With one more good recruit class(if they all arrive) and a little bit of luck in 1 goal games, we should be looking at a team that can compete with anybody in the ECAC or elsewhere.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  When we are down 2 men? I won't even approach that subject. I'm not sure how many games going down 2 men cost us this year but it had to be several.
                  Being down two men is never easy but it seemed, especially early on, that even the slightest amount of time for the two man disadvantage would lead to a goal and things tended to unravel from there - it happened again on Sunday night.

Part of it goes back to the fact that we were the most penalized team in the league. The officiating has never been worse, IMHO, but that should spread evenly, for the most part, across the entire league. I noticed that a lot of our penalties were really quite ticky-tack - garbage stuff behind the play and in the neutral zone that would make you roll your eyes. Hopefully, that will abate a little with a less young team next season.

Going down two men for more than a minute is tough work but it shouldn't mean the other team is going to score 80% of the time. Gotta fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    Looks like I quit that list at just the right time. The mouth-breathers who whine on that list make TimV look sane and rational by comparison.
                    Let them eat cake.

If they're not happy with this team, they should run to another one. Rome wasn't built in a day. I hear Miami of Ohio is a potential choice. Plus, the bedwetters wouldn't have to change colors.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08
                      I guess this gives new meaning to "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer," eh?
                      Mario Puzo was a visionary in more ways than one.

Let's go, haters. Keep piling on. The trolls can keep throwing barbs at me all they want too, I can take it.

Comment

Happened after the game was over, and it was captain Aaron Volpatti, setting a fine example for the rest of his team, and Harry Zolnierczyk, which I suppose is a step up from filming them having sex, so good on him for showing evolution I guess.
                        What were Volpatti and Zolnierczyk's actions? What did they say to the little kids? I just want to have all the facts out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ElGuapo34 View Post
                          What were Volpatti and Zolnierczyk's actions? What did they say to the little kids? I just want to have all the facts out there.
                          I was too far away to see what they were saying, but their actions - Volpatti mimicing tears, Zolnierczyk laughing and waving goodbye to them - speak for themselves.

Doesn't really matter, I guess. Didn't expect anything less based on their conduct during the course of the series.

Comment

I was too far away to see what they were saying, but their actions - Volpatti mimicing tears, Zolnierczyk laughing and waving goodbye to them - speak for themselves.

Doesn't really matter, I guess. Didn't expect anything less based on their conduct during the course of the series.
                            Although I was closer to the kids I believe Red Cloud is mentioning, I was not paying attention to the Brown players' actions. I was also pre-occupied with the Field House staff giving in to the complaints of visiting fans.

Comment

How far away were you? 50 feet? 100 feet? The other side of the building?

Was it plainly obvious that these actions were directed towards the children?

From the way this was framed early I was under the impression that you heard the Brown players verbally abuse children...which you did not. Also from the way in which you described the events I thought you might have witnessed an obscene gesture...however, we now know that was 100% not the case.

Like I said, I just think all the facts should be out there.

Comment

It's ok, Brown will be at the loosing end next weekend.
                                I agree with Dr.D, I thought not all players did the best they could. It was almost like some wanted it to be easy and thought the "other team mate" would take care of things if they get in trouble. I hope next year, everyone is on the same page. You have to work hard in the beginning, the middle, and at the end of the season. You can clearly see who goes the extra mile, and who is more reserved on this team. I thought Brutlag was a fine example. You could tell he wanted it. Pirri, a great talent needs to work on keeping his mouth shut and taking bone- headed penelties like hitting after the whistle. I'm sure the freshman will learn form their mistakes, and so will the other guys on the team. It's easy to focus on the negative (I'm guilty of this), but I think there were many postive things as well. Just one example, their powerplay looked so much better this year compared to last year. Still can use some work, but it's something they worked on and it paid off. This is a young team, and I look forward to seeing them next yeat the HFH. Maturity takes time to develop. Just take a look at JL

Comment

Working...
                                X