PDA

View Full Version : CCHA Quarterfinals: Miami hosts Ohio St

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

mcfarljd
03-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Are we really still talking about this?

No, lets make fun of Weston some more.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/id,18343/ThisWeekintheCCHAMarch112010

Of course she gets some stats wrong, saying the bucks have never won at the new barn (they have, in fact won 1 game, in 8 tries, and 1 tie also). But she also says that we are "are 7-2-4 against the Buckeyes since and including 2006-07". Actually we are a whopping 12-2-4. How the hell does she miss 5 wins? I guess she slept through the 5-0 season sweep in 07/08.

THE OHIO STATE
03-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Here's the song that will be played after the game tonight if the " BUCKEYES " win. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcehYiTS1iQ

MUhawks628
03-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Here's the song that will be played after the game tonight if the " BUCKEYES " win. :)

Isn't that song more appropriate before a game? Just saying...

Last time I checked a buckeyes hockey win doesn't exactly ignite parties across the state of Ohio :rolleyes:

ScoobyFanClub
03-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I can't explain the Robert Morris weekend at all ... but I'd be shocked if Miami comes out with anything less than a sweep. Dalpe is a darn good scary player, but the OSU goaltending is atrocious. I see a typical Miami game -- come out and blitz the heck out of them, then clamp down and slam the door shut.

redhawkman10
03-12-2010, 12:11 PM
redhawkman, Jesse "i'm so excited" spanno is "ABSOLUTLEY" the best use of quotation marks for the last year at least.

i'm pretty sure of the answer, but are any of these games going to be on television (other than the internet broadcast)

hahaha gotta give love to the pill popper lol...

Yea ONN will have the games, that is if you get that channel. Satelite doesn't carry ONN....:rolleyes:

redhawkman10
03-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Harvard of the west......is that what they still call the state's second most selective school?

oh ignorance is so bliss sometimes....Thats because OSU lets anyone in lol, if you can't see the light you never will. Keep living in your fantasy world, tOSU had to up their standards because they were crappy to begin with, now they are closer to Miami's level.

redhawkman10
03-12-2010, 12:15 PM

Last time I checked a buckeyes hockey win doesn't exactly ignite parties across the state of Ohio :rolleyes:

Im surprised he even knows how to play the song period....:rolleyes:

RedhawkBandMan
03-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Yea ONN will have the games, that is if you get that channel. Satelite doesn't carry ONN....:rolleyes:

Incorrect, sir. ONN will not be showing the games this weekend. At least, no such broadcast is indicated by either the ONN site or the Miami Hockey site...

mcfarljd
03-12-2010, 12:30 PM

You'll be calling us "MASTER" by the time Saturday is done with.

******** width="480" height="385">******* name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WEL6_SuQCu8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param>******* name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>******* name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>******* src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WEL6_SuQCu8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RedhawkBandMan
03-12-2010, 12:31 PM

But that song can't be played before the game because Unstoppable is too epic to allow for anything else! :eek:

******** width="480" height="385">******* name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VoaUYcwEpSw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param>******* name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>******* name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>******* src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VoaUYcwEpSw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

redhawkman10
03-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Incorrect, sir. ONN will not be showing the games this weekend. At least, no such broadcast is indicated by either the ONN site or the Miami Hockey site...

Really??? when did they make that change?? They had an advertisement for it during the UNO series...

MUhawks628
03-12-2010, 01:08 PM
But that song can't be played before the game because Unstoppable is too epic to allow for anything else! :eek:

Except for "Now lets play some hockey!"

RedhawkBandMan
03-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Really??? when did they make that change?? They had an advertisement for it during the UNO series...

Not sure... Steve Baker confirmed the situation over on MHT, as well. I assumed that ONN was just unwilling to hold the time slot open for games that technically were not guaranteed to take place, but that's just my guess. Not positive why the games weren't picked up.

THE OHIO STATE
03-12-2010, 10:23 PM
6 - 2 Miami.

The Buckeyes were in the game and doing good until the middle of the second period when Boyd took a " STUPID " penalty for spearing. He was sent to the showers. Boyd just killed any momentum the Bucks had. :mad:

The buckeyes need to play Miami 5 on 5 for any chance to win. Miami has a very good power-play. The Bucks have " NO POWER-PLAY. "

I was glad to see the Bucks score two goals in the first period. Who would think that this would be the only two goals they get all game. :eek:

Miami was the better team and the Bucks helped make them look even better tonight.

klbaum1077
03-13-2010, 01:28 AM
i thought 5 on 5 ohio state played with miami. If they are going to have any chance at all like it was mentioned earlier they have to stay out of the box. Goaltending has to be better tomorrow. Dusty wasnt horrible but the last 2 he gave up were soft imo.This is the 1st time i have seen miami this year and they are far and away the best team i have seen. They are fast, big, and strong. The penalty by Boyd just plain stupid he went after him for nothing the hit wingles put on him was legal. IMO he deserved to get DQed and sit tomorrow, but he didnt so maybe he can come back and make up for it.

The game turned on the turnover on the first shift of the 2nd. Again that darn 4th line was out for the 1st miami goal vs the 2nd line for the hawks. The goal happened because Mcneil decided he was going after a huge hit at center ice gets blown by and in the process loses his stick. When he gets back into the play he try's to block a shot gets walked around and the centering pass sets up the goal. Then the next time they were sent out it was the 1st line out there for miami. If they are going to be put out on the fly please pick a better line to send them out there for.

Well tomorrow could be the last time we see a ohio state team lead by coach markell.

MUhawks628
03-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Dusty wasnt horrible but the last 2 he gave up were soft imo.

Carlson or Heeter in net tomorrow night?

carlinjm
03-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Harvard of the west......is that what they still call the state's second most selective school?

For the record, Miami tops OSU in both Academic Rating and Admission Selectivity according to the Princeton Review. Just sayin'

HckyDoc
03-13-2010, 05:59 AM
OSU has to be better today, much better, if they want to win and send this series to a 3rd game. Carlson looked average at best, the same old selfish/undisciplined penalties and specialty teams were the major problems from what I could see on the feed. The game had some bright spots but few and far between. Hope the team comes out with some fire tonight and makes a game/series of it.

redhawkman10
03-13-2010, 10:41 AM
6 - 2 Miami.

The Buckeyes were in the game and doing good until the middle of the second period when Boyd took a " STUPID " penalty for spearing. He was sent to the showers. Boyd just killed any momentum the Bucks had. :mad:

The buckeyes need to play Miami 5 on 5 for any chance to win. Miami has a very good power-play. The Bucks have " NO POWER-PLAY. "

I was glad to see the Bucks score two goals in the first period. Who would think that this would be the only two goals they get all game. :eek:

Miami was the better team and the Bucks helped make them look even better tonight.

Really? Bucks were "doing good"??? lol too easy, but Miami carried the play from the drop of the puck. Even with the score 2-1, in the building there was never a moment you felt worried. SOG were inflated, OSU never had any sustained pressure and Miami really just took it to them. It took them a period to really start to feel comfortable, but when the puck dropped in the second it was game over. Scoring 17 seconds in and never looking back, Carlson never stood a chance. BTW boy he was not happy about getting pulled....

Lastly, one of the cheapest plays I have seen in hockey with that spear. Absolutley ridiculous, learn how to take a freaking hit....

redhawkman10
03-13-2010, 10:44 AM
i thought 5 on 5 ohio state played with miami. If they are going to have any chance at all like it was mentioned earlier they have to stay out of the box. Goaltending has to be better tomorrow. Dusty wasnt horrible but the last 2 he gave up were soft imo.This is the 1st time i have seen miami this year and they are far and away the best team i have seen. They are fast, big, and strong. The penalty by Boyd just plain stupid he went after him for nothing the hit wingles put on him was legal. IMO he deserved to get DQed and sit tomorrow, but he didnt so maybe he can come back and make up for it.

The game turned on the turnover on the first shift of the 2nd. Again that darn 4th line was out for the 1st miami goal vs the 2nd line for the hawks. The goal happened because Mcneil decided he was going after a huge hit at center ice gets blown by and in the process loses his stick. When he gets back into the play he try's to block a shot gets walked around and the centering pass sets up the goal. Then the next time they were sent out it was the 1st line out there for miami. If they are going to be put out on the fly please pick a better line to send them out there for.

Well tomorrow could be the last time we see a ohio state team lead by coach markell.

Well I will put it this way. If what happen yesterday is any indication, Markell has already been told he isn't coming back. Going by what I saw well before the game started, he was contractually obligated to be there...