• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adrian vs SNC @ 'The Stone'

Wednesday's Attendance List - SNC vs. Adrian
    BlueDevilRadio
    Fritz62
    StoutHockeyFan44
    CodyUrhammer (Former DA Chairman - Alum)

Copy and re-post to grow the list if your coming and know of others.
    WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
    NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
    WIAC Championships: 10-11
    NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
    NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
      Hopefully the place will be packed with MCHA supporters from the cheez region, (that we haven't totally alienated..) as well as NCHA followers who would love to see you lose,.... or who have a soft spot for an underbulldog !

As for the 2010 version of the NCAA selections/bracket.... "it is what it is" rings a loud bell. As you know I'm relatively new to this way of drawing up a Tournament, and I remain baffled by the process. I seem to recall you were on the side of the Committee and endorsed their criteria and their decisions as they related to Adrian.
      But the committee would defend this years' decisions relating to their consideration for the West Region ...& for #3 SNC ..with the same or very similar nonsense that have little to do with getting it right.

Enjoy the game. Wish I could be there to share a pint, some stories....and to offer tissues
      I will send you a box!!
      SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joeyc3402 View Post
        Your family travel policy doesn't allow you to fly over to St. Norbert from Adrian?
        My private jet is in the shop for repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
          This same B.S.? Everyone would like to play SNC, but it would be impossible for them to oblige. SNC is no more afraid of playing Adrian than Hamline or Oswego were. Why don't you tell us how awesome Adrian is again based on their all time record (but not their record against Potsdam, Neumann, Oswego, or Hamline, ok? - just the rest of the MCHA).

I know this is gonna be a good game, and regardless of the outcome you are still a kook.
          Please read the note again. At no time did I say SNC was "afraid" of playing Adrian. If you read it slowly, I said they, like other top teams, were avoiding playing Adrian because strategically there was NO BENEFIT for them to play Adrian. It just didn't make sense to play them. If I were SNC or any of the other top team, I certainly would not have played Adrian in the last 2 yrs. I am not sure how to make that any clearer. Again, it certainly was NOT a case of any of these teams being "afraid" to play.

In any case, let's get the game going. Either team would represent the WEST very well in Lake Placid. They are both great teams.

Comment

After getting the opportunity to see Adrian play in each of their first three seasons, I think this game will be decided on how effective the Bulldog offense is vs. the Green Knight D.
            A couple quick scores by Adrian, will make it very interesting to see how SNC responds. Vice versa as well...Knights get up early..how will Adrian comeback?
            SNC has a very long history of playing their best defense when it really counts....2nd half of the season and into the playoffs. That certainly is true this season.
            Another factor will be the overall depth of this season's Knight roster. Scoring is coming from every line. Plus, the D Corp has stepped up with timely scoring on their own...note the three goals last Saturday nite vs. River.
            I expect a highly charged atmosphere at 'The Stone' in two days.
            SNC Men:
            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:
            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBullDogsGo View Post
              Please read the note again. At no time did I say SNC was "afraid" of playing Adrian. If you read it slowly, I said they, like other top teams, were avoiding playing Adrian because strategically there was NO BENEFIT for them to play Adrian. It just didn't make sense to play them. If I were SNC or any of the other top team, I certainly would not have played Adrian in the last 2 yrs. I am not sure how to make that any clearer. Again, it certainly was NOT a case of any of these teams being "afraid" to play.

In any case, let's get the game going. Either team would represent the WEST very well in Lake Placid. They are both great teams.
              Agreed they are both great teams. SNC, and other teams that are legit national contenders from conferences with AQ's have one goal: To win titles. To do that, they want to schedule the best possible competition in preparation for March. That would be the incentive to schedule teams like Adrian. A potential loss to Adrian in November would have no adverse affect on a team like SNC if it made them more battle tested later in the season. SNC (and teams like them), don't want to sit around on selection sunday with their fingers crossed that they get a Pool C bid. They want to handle business in their conference tournament and end all doubts.

Comment

Playing Adrian in place of another MCHA team would give a huge boost to your OWP, even if you lose. There are scheduling gerrymandering things that you can do to help your chances to make the NCAA's.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

http://www.snc.edu/athletics/teamfil...ockey10-16.pdf
                  Game preview by Dan Lukes, SNC SID...
                  SNC Men:
                  Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                  NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                  SNC Women:
                  O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post

SNC always has impressive team summaries!
                    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                      I like page 4!!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I thought I'd ask about places to eat in DePere/Green Bay. I'm not entirely sure if we will eat there or stop in Wausau. If you can offer up a good enough recommendation we'll wait till we get over there.
                        WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
                        NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
                        WIAC Championships: 10-11
                        NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
                        NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          I like page 4!!
                          You mean the fact that the last time they got swept on the road was more than a decade ago, against a DI opponent in Alaska?
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
                            I thought I'd ask about places to eat in DePere/Green Bay. I'm not entirely sure if we will eat there or stop in Wausau. If you can offer up a good enough recommendation we'll wait till we get over there.
                            With getting to the game as a consideration...

Mexican:
                            If you get on US 41 South from Highway 29, go to the Schuering Road exit, turn left and in the building with the Arby's is El Maya - great food. Afterwards, just go back north one exit to Main Street, turn left and take it out to the Stone.

Burgers:
                            take Main Street exit left off 41 South into the De Pere and eat at The Abbey, right next to campus

Ribs:
                            Ok, so it's a chain, but I like the food at Tony Roma's - 172 east of 41, then take Packerland Ave. south a block to the restaurant. Then continue south on Packerland to Main St., turn right and it's a block to the rink

Something different:
                            If you have a bit more time, go into downtown Green Bay and eat at Titletown Brewing Co. in the old railroad depot by the river. Lots of great beers (and root beer!), a menu with good variety and excellent desserts. Most dinners are $12-18, so it's a step up...
                            St. Norbert College Green Knights
                            NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                            NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                            NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                            ---
                            SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

By Period

ADR 1 0 1 EAG
                              SNC 1 1 2

ADR 2
                              SNC 4

Depth pays off for SNC as the game moves to the 3rd period. BJ is up to the task in stopping some potent Adrian attackers who will get some quality opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                                You mean the fact that the last time they got swept on the road was more than a decade ago, against a DI opponent in Alaska?
                                I don't see, on page 4, the last time there was a bench clearing brawl.
                                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X