PDA

View Full Version : CCHA Second Round: Alaska @ NMU

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Billy Blanks
03-12-2010, 04:38 PM
It's not sold out--I just bought tickets on campus. Hm.

Any indication as to how many seats were left?

I'm really shocked that this game wasn't sold out yesterday.

WildcatGoal
03-12-2010, 04:44 PM
I just called the ticket office and there is a lot of tickets left. Kind of sad.

NMU8405
03-12-2010, 04:46 PM
The Puckheads went around campus today and sold 109 tickets (70 for tonight and 39 for tomorrow).

nmupiccdiva
03-12-2010, 04:48 PM

It looked pretty open, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the students bought theirs at the door. That seems to be the usual trend. As for the community at large, I don't know. The usual contingent that would have followed MSHS down to the state tourny is around because they were eliminated in district play. By my high school, but that's neither here nor there...

aparch
03-12-2010, 04:49 PM
http://board.uscho.com/images/icons/icon14.gif Awesome to hear the Puckheads got involved selling tickets, and it was nice to see some of the guys use their Facebook to push ticket sales.

The place needs to be packed. It's the last home weekend this year.

NMUFAN
03-12-2010, 04:54 PM

Shocked? This is Marquette afterall.:rolleyes:

LET'S GO CATS!!!

No Legs
03-12-2010, 05:08 PM
I am under the assumption it is Spring Break for NMU might be part of the reason for the lack of pre-sold tickets.

Would be a shame if they don't pack the Rink for the game.

Blame it on The Yooper Dome if it does not happen!

nmupiccdiva
03-12-2010, 05:09 PM
The Puckheads went around campus today and sold 109 tickets (70 for tonight and 39 for tomorrow).

That is so awesome. Good job to you guys.

16 better be rocking tonight, as it's the last time I'll be sitting there for the year.

Billy Blanks
03-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Shocked? This is Marquette afterall.:rolleyes:

LET'S GO CATS!!!

I realize that you *********. Which is why I'm surprised. I fully expected the community (not just diehards like us) to really get behind this team in the final stretch.

Billy Blanks
03-12-2010, 07:13 PM
I am under the assumption it is Spring Break for NMU might be part of the reason for the lack of pre-sold tickets.

Would be a shame if they don't pack the Rink for the game.

Blame it on The Yooper Dome if it does not happen!

Spring Break was last week.

840MD
03-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Just back from the game. The Cat's held on for a 4-3 win. Our big forwards played second fiddle to Folmer (goal and 2 assists), Gron and Fernandez (first goal of the season). Hansen had the other goal. We were leading 4-0 but they had 2 PP goals in the third period to draw within a goal with about 5 to play.

A few observations:

1) 8 players on NMU (including Folmer) had the 24 hr flu. They manned up and played tough.

2) Toranto (#29) injured his ankle in Period 1 and was a non-factor the rest of the game. He gave it a shot for a couple of shifts but was totally ineffective.

3) We had 3 power plays to their 7. They had a 2 man advantage for 2 minutes and didn't get a whiff.

4) The Berry was 80% full (not bad for a Friday night when a Chamber of Commerce dinner drew people away)

5) That Alaska came back should give the 'Cats plenty of reason to not take the 'Nooks lightly in game two which may have been a problem if it had ended 4-0

6) Stewie was Stewie

7) The Black hole remains a Black hole for the Nooks.

Go Cats Go.

northwindsports
03-12-2010, 11:34 PM
The 'Cats need to figure out how to close the door against the Nanooks, but a win is a win. The CHA tourney upset tonight means that the Wildcats will need to make sure they're firmly off the bubble if they can't win the CCHA title. Also, I wasn't incredibly impressed with the consistency of the officiating tonight. Hopefully NMU can overcome and play smart hockey tomorrow. Go 'Cats!

mmf
03-13-2010, 12:15 AM
The Nooks need to figure out how to not dig themselves a hole. Greenham had a poor first period. Granted, the defense had lapses, but we can't win if he doesn't play better than that.

The Cats certainly outscored the Nooks in the first, but I wouldn't say they outplayed them. Maybe they made their own breaks, but what could go wrong for the Nooks did tonight, and the Cats took advantage. That's what the game is about. Maybe it will be our turn tomorrow.

And Cat fans, as a friendly but early reminder, please don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour for Sunday's game. :)

Go Nooks!

Rms123
03-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Well giving up 3 in the first didn't help the cause. Black hole continues. Hope Taranto is ok. If we don't win the next 2, the crappy cha is gonna screw us. Nooks need to step it up, and not give up so many to start. The two regular season games went the same way. Northern is to good to come back on.

richl49
03-13-2010, 01:28 AM
5) That Alaska came back should give the 'Cats plenty of reason to not take the 'Nooks lightly in game two which may have been a problem if it had ended 4-0

I'm glad they came back and made it a game. I wouldn't expect any less from a Dallas Ferguson coached team, but I did think that if they lost 4-0 instead of 4-3 it might have caused NMU to be a bit more relaxed coming out in Game 2.

UAF is in 12th in the PWR right now. They need to finish in the top 14 at least, I think in order to do that they will need to force a three-game series here. Losing tomorrow I think would drop them out of NCAA position.

redhawkman10
03-13-2010, 10:50 AM
I realize that you *********. Which is why I'm surprised. I fully expected the community (not just diehards like us) to really get behind this team in the final stretch.

your not a diehard, your a phony....

Nice win by the Cats, was shocked when I heard the score at 4-0. Would expect another good one tonight.

devildog
03-13-2010, 11:30 AM
The Nooks need to figure out how to not dig themselves a hole. Greenham had a poor first period. Granted, the defense had lapses, but we can't win if he doesn't play better than that.

The Cats certainly outscored the Nooks in the first, but I wouldn't say they outplayed them. Maybe they made their own breaks, but what could go wrong for the Nooks did tonight, and the Cats took advantage. That's what the game is about. Maybe it will be our turn tomorrow.

And Cat fans, as a friendly but early reminder, please don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour for Sunday's game. :)

Go Nooks!

Take out the 1st period, score was 3-1 Nooks. Part of that was Northern backing into a defensive shell. Part of it was the Nooks playing better.
Cats need to be ready tonight. We don't need to be messing with a game three.

No Legs
03-13-2010, 11:42 AM
8 minutes of bad hockey is very expensive :-)

Was not at the game had to enjoy the Ice Dogs with prep for the Big Outdoor game tonight. Did get a chance to listen to Checkers must of been a very exciting thrid period of hockey in NMU's barn. Phrases like Oh Crap this can't be happening! Just like listening in the first period for a UAF fan.

Goal Tending and Team Defense wins championships! I think they both learned a lesson yesterday one in the first period and one in the third period.

UAF does not need A.T. to win the series it needs the first line to do what a first line does and it needs two, three and four to contribute when required.

UAF did everything but win last night. When you outshoot a team I think the final figures were 39 -25 you should win the game. Nothing taken away from the Cats but I think the only game stat they won was the score which of course counts the most :-(

Should prove interesting tonight

Off to practice later boys.

Billy Blanks
03-13-2010, 11:47 AM
your not a diehard, your a phony....

Nice win by the Cats, was shocked when I heard the score at 4-0. Would expect another good one tonight.

Look at you, still chiming in with your useless rhetoric. I certainly don't need to justify myself to you. But I think it's obvious that anyone who spends as much time as ANY OF US on a college hockey message board is a diehard fan. So, again, kiss my *** you pee on. After you do that, send me your resume and I'll help you find a job. It must be hard to live on minimum wage...

Billy Blanks
03-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Take out the 1st period, score was 3-1 Nooks. Part of that was Northern backing into a defensive shell. Part of it was the Nooks playing better.
Cats need to be ready tonight. We don't need to be messing with a game three.

It's a good thing we have 3 periods in hockey. :D

I don't think we'll be seeing a game three. Look at who stepped it up last night! If the usual suspects put some points on the board tonight it should be an easy victory and a sweep that everyone wanted.