Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CCHA Second Round: Alaska @ NMU

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    The numbers and past results say that this series may be the best matchup in the league this weekend, if not the country. It was a tight battle all season long and should be an entertaining weekend of hockey. Let's hope the place is jam packed with 'Cat Crazies this weekend! Anyone who doesn't show could really miss something special.
    No doubt this is the best matchup of the weekend, IMO.
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
      No doubt this is the best matchup of the weekend, IMO.
      In the league, it is. In the country, I'll take MN-UND.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        In the league, it is. In the country, I'll take MN-UND.

eh, yea I can see that for pure hatred sake but I don't think that series will be close do you?
        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Congrats to Marc Olver and Erik Gustaffson for being selected to the all CCHA first team honors. Olver was the leading point getter in the voting.

Comment

Congrats to Marc Olver and Erik Gustaffson for being selected to the all CCHA first team honors. Olver was the leading point getter in the voting.
            Leading vote getter, more first team votes than any one else...what are those coaches thinking...do they know anything about hockey...there's no way Olver is the top forward in the CCHA...no way at all...who are these bums anyway...
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

eh, yea I can see that for pure hatred sake but I don't think that series will be close do you?
              I think it will go 3 games, but yeah, the hatred thing is kinda the trump card for that series, IMO.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Leading vote getter, more first team votes than any one else...what are those coaches thinking...do they know anything about hockey...there's no way Olver is the top forward in the CCHA...no way at all...who are these bums anyway...
                Olver is a very good player, I would probably take a couple other guys over him but he had a great year and is deserving. One thing I think he needs to do is show up more in bigger games. Over the last two years in the games I have seen of him against Miami he really hasn't done much. Maybe its isolated but doesn't take anything away from him deserving this award.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  I think it will go 3 games, but yeah, the hatred thing is kinda the trump card for that series, IMO.
                  I can see that, both teams are playing their best right now.

Comment

For your sake i hope the "best forward in the CCHA" shows up and puts up a performance worthy of that moniker, because if he doesn't you can bet you will be hearing from me...

That discussion aside this should be a fantastic series!

Comment

I'm just glad that the best forward in the CCHA fell to me in my fantasy league, a league that has at least 2 NMU fans in it.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                        We have been fairly fortunate over the last couple of years to have many of our away games televised. Not sure if a lack of local underwriting or technical logistical issues are a problem this time. I haven’t watched a B2 stream in awhile, but that seems to be the option.
                        The B2 stream is hit or miss, but for a playoff game it's a must.
                        TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
                          The B2 stream is hit or miss, but for a playoff game it's a must.
                          I've had 1 problem (which was on NMU's end) with it and I've watched about 20 games this year. It would be nice for the Cat Chat folks to have some graphics and replay capability for the series, though.
                          Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                            I've had 1 problem (which was on NMU's end) with it and I've watched about 20 games this year. It would be nice for the Cat Chat folks to have some graphics and replay capability for the series, though.
                            We dont run B2 sadly. A Class (Sports and Special Events) ran the B2 feed in the fall and a select few games before the end of the first semester. We've expressed interest in continuing it with Cat Chat, though the director of the B2 feed here wasnt a fan of it and does not want to use a three camera set up or replays.
                            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                            2006-2007: 15-24-2
                            2007-2008: 20-20-4
                            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
                              For your sake i hope the "best forward in the CCHA" shows up and puts up a performance worthy of that moniker, because if he doesn't you can bet you will be hearing from me...

Ooooooohhhhhhh......
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post

As the person who started this whole thing, I would be quite happy if Olver does nothing of note this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X