Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CCHA Second Round: Alaska @ NMU

Originally posted by northwindsports View Post
    Not only are is the UAF team winless against the 'Cats this year, when the series came to Marquette, they never even led.
    They is are due!

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
      I never said he didn't have decent weapons... just not cream of the crop, decent was a very appropriate word choice however, as NMU finished 6th out of 12 in goals scored in the CCHA.
      The CCHA says otherwise

1. Miami 100 goals
      2. NMU 86 Goals
      3. UNO 85 Goals
      Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
      1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
      2006-2007: 15-24-2
      2007-2008: 20-20-4
      2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

I love stats.

By the numbers, at least one game this weekend should go into OT as Alaska has the most ties in the country with 9, and NMU comes in right behind with 8.

If it goes to OT, my money's on Butcher for some magic.
        Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
          Quoting boot_walt_kyle and BB doesnt help your case
          I never said that, so don't lump me in with that fraud.

I do however, think that Olver will be a solid 3rd line guy in the NHL. He just keeps getting better and better every year. Even Comley said he's the best player in the CCHA.
          TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
            With this kind of analysis I see why you wanted Walt Kyle out, you are obviously the next guy in line.

This is the same petty logic that I went through with other Miami fans before we played UNO. UNO didn't play stiffling competition before coming to oxford but managed to give Miami 1 of only 5 losses on the year. Their is a lot to be said at this level for confidence and playing well at the right time, which both these teams are. To discount anything Alaska has done recently is completely ignorant. But then again Billy's tremendous track record speaks for itself.

he is, after all, super human since he can get a great feel for home ice advantage all the way in Arizona.....
            Listen troll, what kind of jollies do you get from consistantly breaking down my posts? This is a NMU-Alaska thread, so your analysis and comments don't mean dick.

A great feel for home ice? Yeah, I graduated from NMU and I know exactly what it's like to experience a sold out, amped up arena that's going nuts. It shouldn't matter where my career has taken me since graduating. I'm extremely active in my Alumni Association and still have many friends who live in and around Marquette.

What the **** is your problem?
            TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
              I don't know if anyone else in the Marquette area has noticed, but the athletic department is doing a **** fine job (which is a very rare thing) of promoting this series. I think we could see the Berry at capacity for this series. For those out of the area, here is a summary of what I've seen the AD do to support this assertion.

-Selling tickets to students both in the MP and in the Starbucks area
              -Radio, TV, and newspaper advertisements
              -Posters in academic halls and residence halls
              -Posters in community areas
              -A few more I can't think of because it's early

Let's pack the Berry and make it to the NCAA's and the Joe! Go Cats!
              That's great to hear! My old roommate during undergrad is doing his residency at MGH and he said everyone at the hospital is talking about the games this weekend. I really wish I could come back, it's going to be so much fun to see a Wildcat Sweep!!!
              TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

The CCHA says otherwise

1. Miami 100 goals
                2. NMU 86 Goals
                3. UNO 85 Goals
                Apparently i didn't specify enough...I was referring to the overall goals scored by CCHA teams, not necessarily in CCHA play only..and in that category NMU is 6th out of 12.

Comment

I'm not saying Olver is a shi**y player or that I wouldn't like to have him on my team... all I'm saying is that a lot of the time "he tries to do it all himself" an exact quote that has been used by your fans on your own thread to describe him, so it's not like I'm the first person to suggest it..... the bottom line is that he is simply not as talented as the players that were mentioned...he has more points than those players because they have other cream of the crop offensive weapons on their team as well and are counted on quite so heavily like Olver is...he's a good player but you people act like he is some superstar...but you never know, maybe he will prove me wrong and have a very successful pro career....in the ECHL

Yea Lake State tanked, but we finished where we were expected to at the beginning of the season....your program was expected to be an NCAA tourney team was it not? Barring a miracle those dreams will be washed down the drain yet again...you know what the difference is between a team that finished shi**y and missed the tournament and a team that finished strong but missed the tournament?? Absolutely nothing

One more thing, isn't it embarrassing that a "community college" still has more national championships and successful pro alumni than such an established university like yourselves??
                  Let me state in the beginning that I really do enjoy the people and hockey at Lake State.

1. You say barring a miracle we will miss the NCAA's. If we win 3 more games, we are more or less a lock to get in. Now I realize the word miracle is up to interpretation, but I think your use of it is off.

2. Why are we arguing about the talent of the leading scorer in CCHA play? I will agree that Olver has been known to be a bit of a puck hog. You see that as a lack of talent, but I would say that one has nothing to do with the other.

I apologize for taking up this thread with talk that would be best put into the NMU season thread.
                  Embrace the hate.

Comment

It doesn't appear that the games will be televised in Fairbanks. Please, someone, tell me I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
                      I never said that, so don't lump me in with that fraud.

I do however, think that Olver will be a solid 3rd line guy in the NHL. He just keeps getting better and better every year. Even Comley said he's the best player in the CCHA.
                      Just having some fun with you Billy thats all.

Born a Black Bear
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life

NMU Hockey

Comment

Apparently i didn't specify enough...I was referring to the overall goals scored by CCHA teams, not necessarily in CCHA play only..and in that category NMU is 6th out of 12.
                        Ohh...I see how it works now

If you are going to look at season long stats, use it in the context of NCAA totals, not CCHA. I mean, we all cant schedule teams like Canisuis to pad our goals for in NC games. Maybe AIC is willing to play you next season.

NC games for LSCC
                        -tUMD
                        -MTU
                        -Canisius
                        -Union
                        -Bentley
                        -Robert Morris

Born a Black Bear

A NMU Wildcat for Life

NMU Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
                          Listen troll, what kind of jollies do you get from consistantly breaking down my posts? This is a NMU-Alaska thread, so your analysis and comments don't mean dick.

A great feel for home ice? Yeah, I graduated from NMU and I know exactly what it's like to experience a sold out, amped up arena that's going nuts. It shouldn't matter where my career has taken me since graduating. I'm extremely active in my Alumni Association and still have many friends who live in and around Marquette.

What the **** is your problem?
                          Your my problem, I have too much respect for the actual NMU hockey fans. Your a fake, bandwagoon jumping goon. Not to mention completely hipocritical. There are a lot of very good NMU hockey fans and I have met quiet a few of them and the program doesn't deserve idiot's like you calling for the coaches head in november and then signing their praises 3 months later when they turn it around like all intelligant people thought they would.

Im here to support those good NMU fans who stuck by their team through thick and thin as well as the solid UA fan base who you are putting down with your lack of any kind of hockey knowledge. Not to mention its just fun and easy to bash you....
                          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

If you are going to look at season long stats, use it in the context of NCAA totals, not CCHA. I mean, we all cant schedule teams like Canisuis to pad our goals for in NC games. Maybe AIC is willing to play you next season.

NC games for LSCC
                            -tUMD
                            -MTU
                            -Canisius
                            -Union
                            -Bentley
                            -Robert Morris
                            In their defense Robert Morris has beaten Miami and Bemidji twice this season and Union is a TUC as is tUMD.
                            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

NC games for LSCC
                              -tUMD
                              -MTU
                              -Canisius
                              -Union
                              -Bentley
                              -Robert Morris
                              ....That would be something valid to point out if I had boasted at all about Lake State's schedule or goals total or even if I had criticzed NMU's schedule...but I did neither, but since you mention it, it's not as though all of our wins came from cupcakes, but on the contrary, over half of our win total came aginst teams in the top 25 of the Pairwise rankings....

nmu 27, the reason Olver is being discussed is because one of the posters suggested that Olver was the best forward in the CCHA, which is a laughable assertion...by the way I never said that Olver's puck hog reputation took away from his talent..it would be ridiculous to imply that the kid isn't talented because he certainly is...but it would be almost as ridiculous to suggest he is the best forward in the CCHA

Comment

nmu 27, the reason Olver is being discussed is because one of the posters suggested that Olver was the best forward in the CCHA, which is a laughable assertion...by the way I never said that Olver's puck hog reputation took away from his talent..it would be ridiculous to imply that the kid isn't talented because he certainly is...but it would be almost as ridiculous to suggest he is the best forward in the CCHA
                                I have no problem with an opinion that Mark Olver isn't the most talented forward in the league.

To consider it laughable that he might be considered the most talented forward in a place frequented by rather die-hard NMU fans is where I think the problem arises.

Next time how about "I think the most there are other players in the CCHA (Camper, Hagelin, Tropp, etc.) that you could consider the most talented forward." That might get you less of a knee-jerk reaction from your friendly college to the west.

You also need to factor in the fact that many of these folks have seen him play many or all of his games this year and have a really knowledge of his talent that is more than just fawning over stats. He is a complete player and will only become more so with coaching.
                                Embrace the hate.

Comment

Working...
                                X