PDA

View Full Version : CCHA Second Round: Alaska @ NMU

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

Billy Blanks
03-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Congrats to NMU. Good luck the rest of the way.

UAF is currently at the bottom of a three-way tie for 12th in the PWR, which basically is the final spot in the NCAA tournament right now. I'm not optimistic that will hold out, but there's a chance.

Remember, it's not really a 3-way tie, as RPI is the first tie-breaker. Congrats on a great season!

nmu_27
03-13-2010, 09:40 PM
I guess there is a slight upside to predicting greatness. You are sometimes right.

Sorry to see Alaska bumped so far down the PWR. Would love to see them in the NCAA's one day.

Great to see Ray with the last goal and the jump into the glass.

richl49
03-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Remember, it's not really a 3-way tie, as RPI is the first tie-breaker. Congrats on a great season!

Perhaps that is why I said they are at the bottom of a three-way tie and in the final (14th) position.

NMUFAN
03-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Stop sandbagging you d i c k. Just admit that NMU was the better team and we smoked them!!!

SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty ashamed that not one NMU "poster" besides Billy Blanks predicted a sweep. What is wrong with you people?

It's posts such as these that paint you as classless. Being confrontational to all posters including NMU fans gives the impression that you lack a certain amount of maturity.

Anyway, congratulations Cats! Keep the momentum going! Another trip to the Joe is always fun!

Twitch Boy
03-13-2010, 10:52 PM
http://i30.***********.com/albums/c307/m00seonthel00se2/normal_colbert_headdesk.jpg

NMUFAN
03-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Anyone who thinks NMU will sweep this weekend is greatly underestimating the Nanooks. If the Cats show that attitude they will be in for a rude awakening. Alaska is tied for 7th in the pairwise for a reason. Plus they're riding on a ton of confidence right now.

This should be a good series. But if the Cats are to advance to the Joe, it'll take 3 games. There is no way Northern sweeps. No way.

It will also be interesting to see who the officials are. I hope they don't interfere with what should be a fine series played by two fine teams.

Thanks for proving me wrong Wildcats!:)

I honestly didn't see a sweep in the crystal ball but I'm glad it happened.

Congrats to the Nanooks on a great season (so far). There might be a slim chance you guys still make the NCAA. UA is scary fast and loaded with talent that returns next year. You'll be in the mix again.

Now, on to the Joe! We (my family and friends) leave Thursday evening for Gaylord then off to Detroit Friday. Hope to see a good NMU contingent at the Joe! There usually is.

Lucky-jo
03-13-2010, 11:12 PM
Ahhh that's great! Who kicked out the money for that?

Well someone thought it would be cool if we had a sign so I talked to Ken Godfry. He waived the $1500/year advertisment fee. Then I Cook Signs helped out by giving it to us for cost ($66) as long as I helped her design it and helped her put it up when it came in. Total we saved over $1600 on the whole thing. All the Puckeads chipped in for the cost though.

Billy Blanks
03-14-2010, 01:53 AM
It's posts such as these that paint you as classless. Being confrontational to all posters including NMU fans gives the impression that you lack a certain amount of maturity.

Anyway, congratulations Cats! Keep the momentum going! Another trip to the Joe is always fun!

IIRC you were the one that started in with me. "There is no way Northern sweeps. No way." I was the only one that called out Alaska and said we'd sweep. It really wasn't that hard of a prediction. We are excellent at home and Alaska is below average on the road. Not that tough of a call buddy, yet no one had the balls to say it.

I've never had a single problem with you before, in fact I think of you as the kid that stands in the corner and is always picked last in kickball. That was until you decided to get smart with me and I also loved your ever so eloquent feedback. If you don't want to read what I have to say, you are more than welcome to use the "ignore button".

I'm not going anywhere.

Methodical
03-14-2010, 04:31 AM
Congratulations on the win. I was hoping for a 3 game series, but oh well.

No Legs
03-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Gongrats to all the NMU players, Alum and Fans very good showing for Yooper Hockey. Although I did not get the watch the Game sounded like a little of the Ole Magic was back from the R.C. days. Well earned and good luck at the Joe hopefully you will stay the Course. If you happen to make it to play UM splat some Blue and Gold on the rink!

Billy B. Love the passion honestly it is great to see someone so into supporting the program. I will shoot you one however though sometimes the method leaves you hanging and although I do enjoy ESPN for the most part I have a feeling most of us are not big MSNBC fans :-)

Best Wishes and Best of Luck to the Cats and all of you. The rest of us have to play wait and see.

Billy Blanks
03-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Fox news baby!