PDA

View Full Version : WCHA ROUND ONE: CC vs. UMD @ the DECC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

LackofSuCCess
03-07-2010, 04:09 PM
The Outcome Of This Series Is All But Certain. The Only Question Is how Poorly Will Cc Play In Their Losing Effort To The Bulldogs? I Say They Play Hard Friday But Lose And Suck On Saturday.

My Predictions Are

Friday, Umd 5 Cc 3
Saturday Umd 4 Cc 1

Mercifully This Season Will Soon Be Over.

Biddco
03-07-2010, 04:43 PM
The Outcome Of This Series Is All But Certain. The Only Question Is how Poorly Will Cc Play In Their Losing Effort To The Bulldogs? I Say They Play Hard Friday But Lose And Suck On Saturday.

My Predictions Are

Friday, Umd 5 Cc 3
Saturday Umd 4 Cc 1

Mercifully This Season Will Soon Be Over.
Bit of a pessimist?

UMD needs to sweep so they can put themselves in position for the NCAAs.

RinkPig
03-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I think UMD has this one, both teams are sliding big time right now... but UMD has better horses than CC - also, UMD has to be thrilled they don't have to play the Gophs!

JW Tigers
03-07-2010, 04:57 PM
UMD has had CC's number of late, so this might be the worst scenario possible for the Tigers. I don't feel nearly as pessimistic as LackofSuCCess does, and I think CC will play well. I think they will take it to a third game, but I believe Duluth is more likely to win.

Golden Tuuk
03-07-2010, 07:49 PM
The Tigers have played themselves right out of the tournament so I have to cheer for the Dog's. Go WCHA!

Biddco
03-07-2010, 10:04 PM
UMD has had CC's number of late, so this might be the worst scenario possible for the Tigers. I don't feel nearly as pessimistic as LackofSuCCess does, and I think CC will play well. I think they will take it to a third game, but I believe Duluth is more likely to win.

I hope it doesn't even out!

Funny how CC beats DU on the road when DU was accepting the MacNaughton, and then senior night they get destroyed.

What has CC's record been for the 2nd half?

Swept by UMD, UND and UMTC as I recall.

burbstyle
03-07-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm really not sure what to expect this weekend since both teams have had their seasons go down the drain in the 2nd half. Lately UMD has kind of owned CC and hopefully that will continue. I'm just not sure how UMD will play out of the gate during their first home playoff series in 6 years.

Be it in 2 or 3 games, I see UMD winning this series. I just hope, for PWR sake, they do it in 2.

CCtig
03-07-2010, 11:32 PM
LackofSuCCess is a DU alum. I could tell you who he is but you can pretty much guess that for yourself.

Biddco
03-07-2010, 11:38 PM
LackofSuCCess is a DU alum. I could tell you who he is but you can pretty much guess that for yourself.
Goddard? :D

Makes sense. I was wondering why a CC fan was so self deprecating with his name!

section16rowA
03-08-2010, 07:05 AM
I think UMD has this one, both teams are sliding big time right now... but UMD has better horses than CC - also, UMD has to be thrilled they don't have to play the Gophs!

Nice to see a UMTC troll come in and talk smack....after listening to the Rug and Wooger talk about UMTC's Sunday victory over Bucky and their backup goalie, one would think UMTC was a lock for the tourney. :rolleyes: I personally would have loved to see the arrogant ones back at the DECC, we could have ended their season....AGAIN!!!:p

CC will not be a pushover....anyone have a guess on who start in goal on Friday for tUMD??

beersong
03-08-2010, 08:50 AM
also, UMD has to be thrilled they don't have to play the Gophs!

Yes, I'm sure the Bulldogs would be scared playing a seventh place team they went 3-1 against this season. Have fun getting steam-rolled in Grand Forks.

Runninwiththedogs
03-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Goddard? :D

Makes sense. I was wondering why a CC fan was so self deprecating with his name!

Did Momco drop you on your head when you were a baby? Repeatedly? Please tell me you weren't really fooled by LackofSuCCess. Please. THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

UMDfan4
03-08-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm guessing Kenny will get the start he has been the most consistent even tho they both had their days of bad play. Either way I think the Bulldogs need to go back to what they were doing early. Ever since we got to Number 4 in the rankings and 1st in the WCHA its been down hill I don't know what happened.

UMDfan4
03-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Another thing I'm glad we have home ice but not happy its during the state hockey tourney last time I missed that I was 10 haha oh well Go Dogs

jerphisch
03-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Nice to see a UMTC troll come in and talk smack....after listening to the Rug and Wooger talk about UMTC's Sunday victory over Bucky and their backup goalie, one would think UMTC was a lock for the tourney. :rolleyes: I personally would have loved to see the arrogant ones back at the DECC, we could have ended their season....AGAIN!!!:p

CC will not be a pushover....anyone have a guess on who start in goal on Friday for tUMD??

Doesn't really matter who plays for UMD if Howe can't go for CC. O'Sievan or Sievebrowski getting on the ice would pretty much end the game.

Biddco
03-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Did Momco drop you on your head when you were a baby? Repeatedly? Please tell me you weren't really fooled by LackofSuCCess. Please. THINK OF THE CHILDREN.
All I am going to do is hold the children like I do every baby.

burbstyle
03-08-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm guessing Kenny will get the start he has been the most consistent even tho they both had their days of bad play. Either way I think the Bulldogs need to go back to what they were doing early. Ever since we got to Number 4 in the rankings and 1st in the WCHA its been down hill I don't know what happened.

I thought I read somewhere that Kenny had a finger injury, not sure how serious. But I believe that was the main reason Hjelle got both starts.

I also agree no O'Brien can't hurt things for us :D

Biddco
03-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Doesn't really matter who plays for UMD if Howe can't go for CC. O'Sievan or Sievebrowski getting on the ice would pretty much end the game.

Howe has been injured?

co14ers
03-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Howe has been injured?

CC's radio guy said Howe had an upper body injury that occurred in the first period of Saturday's game. The CC posters may have more info now.

Chris
03-08-2010, 10:35 PM
Howe has been injured?

Not sure physically (a CC fan would have to answer that), but I'm pretty sure that his confidence was injured last Saturday.

He did get his bell rung, however, by one of his own defenseman in that Saturday game. He did continue, but was replaced for the 2nd period.

I don't really know if getting clobbered by his teammate or giving up those 3 first period goals were the cause for him not continuing.