PDA

View Full Version : MSU-M @ SCSU WCHA Playoffs: Funny Seeing You Here

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

scsutommyboy
03-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Has anyone mentioned that Mankato's 2nd goal on Saturday was a complete gift by the officials? That PP should have never happened.

Don't be like UAA fan's.......

Montelena
03-08-2010, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE=Montelena;4679387]MSU fans: Please keep in mind you were outscored 4-1 5x5 this past weekend. That is not a good stat. Lots of negs in the plus/minus department for the Mavs.

I thought it was total goals scored that determined who wins a game.

BTW, I fully acknowledge the win Friday. The only point I was making was MSU was not effective 5X5. The 3 consecutive PP goals Friday in the last 10 minutes of the first made the weekend. It hurt that the Huskies two top PK players were not in the lineup.

Unless, it becomes a special teams free-for-all this weekend MSU may see more of the final 4 periods of last weekend. MSU simply was not that effective 5X5.

With that said I give MSU more credit than they get. They are a quality team and I have always liked their style of play. They've also been very good at recruiting some high quality power forwards like Pitlick, Backes, Morin, Jackman etc. They seem to give everyone trouble - however, it seems SCSU, Denver and Nodak more so than others.

goldy_331
03-08-2010, 12:31 PM

Don't worry, no danger of DL ever rising to that high a level. :p

Bale
03-08-2010, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=Iwearpurple;4679496]

BTW, I fully acknowledge the win Friday. The only point I was making was MSU was not effective 5X5. The 3 consecutive PP goals Friday in the last 10 minutes of the first made the weekend. It hurt that the Huskies two top PK players were not in the lineup.

Unless, it becomes a special teams free-for-all this weekend MSU may see more of the final 4 periods of last weekend. MSU simply was not that effective 5X5.

With that said I give MSU more credit than they get. They are a quality team and I have always liked their style of play. They've also been very good at recruiting some high quality power forwards like Pitlick, Backes, Morin, Jackman etc. They seem to give everyone trouble - however, it seems SCSU, Denver and Nodak more so than others.

It's worth noting that both MSU and SCSU shifted their styles of play after the 1st. SCSU went into a pressure mode with some extreme forechecking and MSU went into a defensive mode. It's pretty bizarre the way it played out. The Mavs have been horrible on the power play this year and been pretty good 5x5. I think the situation played a pretty large role in the 5x5 discrepancy.

The Exiled One
03-08-2010, 12:40 PM
SCSU will win on Friday, Mankato will win on Saturday, and SCSU will win in the eighth overtime on Sunday... but, in doing so, five of their starters will get hurt/banned, and they'll lose both their Friday and Saturday games at the X. They'll limp into the NCAA playoffs as a low three seed, get placed out east, and they'll score five seconds into the game before giving up seven unanswered goals to go 0-9 all time in the NCAA Tourny.

scsutommyboy
03-08-2010, 12:43 PM
SCSU will win on Friday, Mankato will win on Saturday, and SCSU will win in the eighth overtime on Sunday... but, in doing so, five of their starters will get hurt/banned, and they'll lose both their Friday and Saturday games at the X. They'll limp into the NCAA playoffs as a low three seed, get placed out east, and they'll score five seconds into the game before giving up seven unanswered goals to go 0-9 all time in the NCAA Tourny.

If that happens I am blaming you.;)

The Exiled One
03-08-2010, 12:46 PM
If that happens I am blaming you.;)
Place your bets now then, because the massive amount of money you will win should take the edge off the fact that I'm right. :(

Dude Love
03-08-2010, 01:43 PM

1. I hate improper apostrophe use.

2. I'm not saying we shouldn't have been whistled...but the officials missed our guy (who had the puck) getting tripped simultaneously 2 feet from the penalty that WAS called.

Chris Clark Fan Club
03-08-2010, 01:48 PM
The games will hopefully more entertaining then the last 5 periods. Saturday's game was about as sloppy of a game that I have seen in quite some time.

state of hockey
03-08-2010, 01:52 PM
The games will hopefully more entertaining then the last 5 periods. Saturday's game was about as sloppy of a game that I have seen in quite some time.

******** width="640" height="385">******* name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UJf8Je5H7-k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param>******* name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param>******* name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>******* src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UJf8Je5H7-k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

johnnyredshoes
03-08-2010, 01:59 PM
1. I hate improper apostrophe use.

2. I'm not saying we shouldn't have been whistled...but the officials missed our guy (who had the puck) getting tripped simultaneously 2 feet from the penalty that WAS called.

I missed the replay of the penalty, but caught the 2 or 3 quick replays of the Huskie being hauled down to the right of the net, which led to the loud chorus of boos for the refs after Mankato score. I think it was LeBlanc that got hauled down, don't remember who took the penalty for us. Not saying we didn't commit a penalty, but they missed the one that took away what could have been a scoring chance.

Chris Clark Fan Club
03-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Do you think maybe the scoring chance was created by the penalty? It did happen very close to where trip occurred.

Skeeterman
03-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Do you think maybe the scoring chance was created by the penalty? It did happen very close to where trip occurred.

Scoring chance was created by God. We are on a mission from God.

johnnyredshoes
03-08-2010, 02:57 PM
I thought the penalty occured after LeBlanc got tripped. Not sure, I could be wrong.

Chris Clark Fan Club
03-08-2010, 03:14 PM
I am not even going watch the games if that is the case, skeeter.

Pump It Up
03-08-2010, 03:16 PM

I think my head just exploded.

Mavs
03-08-2010, 03:38 PM
How hard are tickets going to be to get? Can some direct me to where I can purchase tickets? Anyone from Mankato making the trip?

The Vicar
03-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Scoring chance was created by God. We are on a mission from God.

Amen brother, amen!!

Dirty Bottles
03-08-2010, 04:27 PM
How hard are tickets going to be to get? Can some direct me to where I can purchase tickets? Anyone from Mankato making the trip?

Here you go...

http://tinyurl.com/ydr9d4x

ts8801
03-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Has anyone mentioned that Mankato's 2nd goal on Saturday was a complete gift by the officials? That PP should have never happened.

Agreed

I missed the replay of the penalty, but caught the 2 or 3 quick replays of the Huskie being hauled down to the right of the net, which led to the loud chorus of boos for the refs after Mankato score. I think it was LeBlanc that got hauled down, don't remember who took the penalty for us. Not saying we didn't commit a penalty, but they missed the one that took away what could have been a scoring chance.

This is what I remember from seeing the play from the dogg pound, basically perfect view on the first trip.
The mavs player stepped on the scsu player's stick, then the scsu player pulled their stick to try and make a swat at the puck, the mavs player fell(he was off balance to begin with and didn't have his stick in a position to get to the puck), someone else hit the puck then our player got pulled down right before his shot.

I thought the penalty occured after LeBlanc got tripped. Not sure, I could be wrong.
nope just before.