Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSU-M @ SCSU WCHA Playoffs: Funny Seeing You Here

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Yeah, and historically the Saints aren't a good NFL team. The fact is that SCSU teams over the years have choked, but Jared Festler, Oliver Lauridsen, David Eddy and those guys really can't be blamed for that.

Also, we've been alright in the WCHA playoffs, and obviously everyone knows our NCAA results, but from an MSU-M fan, I wouldn't go talking too much about playoffs, you're the one team that makes us look like a storied tradition when comparing playoff achievements.
    The simple answer to that would have been SCSU historically is a very good first round team especially at home.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      I'll agree with all of those, however want to clarify that Zabkowicz did play too far up at times, I still thought he was good this past weekend. I saw the game live in Mankato and on the b2 Saturday, and he put together one of the best efforts on the weekend for SCSU, thoug did make a mistake or two.
      For God's sake Zabby was +4 this weekend. And, he should run with the puck anytime he gets a chance. He was outstanding against MSU.
      "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

MSU fans: Please keep in mind you were outscored 4-1 5x5 this past weekend. That is not a good stat. Lots of negs in the plus/minus department for the Mavs.

However, I'm very paranoid about the officiating right now. That continues to be the wild card being that SCSU was 0-9 on the PP this weekend and MSU was 50% on the PP.
        "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

[QUOTE=Montelena;4679387]MSU fans: Please keep in mind you were outscored 4-1 5x5 this past weekend. That is not a good stat. Lots of negs in the plus/minus department for the Mavs.

I thought it was total goals scored that determined who wins a game.

Comment

I thought the first goal was fitting Saturday night. My father in law and I were commenting on how bad the shots were. Get something on net and something good happens with the short post softy that went in,

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
              MSU fans: Please keep in mind you were outscored 4-1 5x5 this past weekend. That is not a good stat. Lots of negs in the plus/minus department for the Mavs.
              And in the end, that didn't matter, did it?

All season long we've done fine 5 on 5 and gotten killed on special teams. This weekend it was different. Okay by me.
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Has anyone mentioned that Mankato's 2nd goal on Saturday was a complete gift by the officials? That PP should have never happened.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

[QUOTE=Iwearpurple;4679496]

Conveniently didn't provide my entire quote...
                  "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Did anyone else here notice that, due to the results of other series, we still would have played Mankato had we swept them?
                    SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                    UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                    Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                    Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                    UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                    UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                      Did anyone else here notice that, due to the results of other series, we still would have played Mankato had we swept them?
                      Did you notice that didnt happen? 1 point is all you got.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        Has anyone mentioned that Mankato's 2nd goal on Saturday was a complete gift by the officials? That PP should have never happened.
                        Don't be like UAA fan's.......
                        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

[QUOTE=Iwearpurple;4679496]

BTW, I fully acknowledge the win Friday. The only point I was making was MSU was not effective 5X5. The 3 consecutive PP goals Friday in the last 10 minutes of the first made the weekend. It hurt that the Huskies two top PK players were not in the lineup.

Unless, it becomes a special teams free-for-all this weekend MSU may see more of the final 4 periods of last weekend. MSU simply was not that effective 5X5.

With that said I give MSU more credit than they get. They are a quality team and I have always liked their style of play. They've also been very good at recruiting some high quality power forwards like Pitlick, Backes, Morin, Jackman etc. They seem to give everyone trouble - however, it seems SCSU, Denver and Nodak more so than others.
                          "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                            Don't be like UAA fan's.......
                            Don't worry, no danger of DL ever rising to that high a level.

Comment

[QUOTE=Montelena;4680300]
                              Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post

BTW, I fully acknowledge the win Friday. The only point I was making was MSU was not effective 5X5. The 3 consecutive PP goals Friday in the last 10 minutes of the first made the weekend. It hurt that the Huskies two top PK players were not in the lineup.

Unless, it becomes a special teams free-for-all this weekend MSU may see more of the final 4 periods of last weekend. MSU simply was not that effective 5X5.

With that said I give MSU more credit than they get. They are a quality team and I have always liked their style of play. They've also been very good at recruiting some high quality power forwards like Pitlick, Backes, Morin, Jackman etc. They seem to give everyone trouble - however, it seems SCSU, Denver and Nodak more so than others.
                              It's worth noting that both MSU and SCSU shifted their styles of play after the 1st. SCSU went into a pressure mode with some extreme forechecking and MSU went into a defensive mode. It's pretty bizarre the way it played out. The Mavs have been horrible on the power play this year and been pretty good 5x5. I think the situation played a pretty large role in the 5x5 discrepancy.
                              Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

SCSU will win on Friday, Mankato will win on Saturday, and SCSU will win in the eighth overtime on Sunday... but, in doing so, five of their starters will get hurt/banned, and they'll lose both their Friday and Saturday games at the X. They'll limp into the NCAA playoffs as a low three seed, get placed out east, and they'll score five seconds into the game before giving up seven unanswered goals to go 0-9 all time in the NCAA Tourny.
                                scsuhockey.com
                                CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Working...
                                X