Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU-M @ SCSU WCHA Playoffs: Funny Seeing You Here

Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
    Outside of a bulldog win, the only thing that makes me smile more is SCSU holding true to form in classic late season choke mode. Now if only you could get back to being a number 1 seed and then lose in the 1st round. Come on SCSU, you can do it!
    We will decline any NCAA invite.
    S is for swoon
    C is for choke
    S is for sucks
    U is unglued, which is the state we've achieved

Once again we return to our Swoonskie roots.
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

This one was painful. Those of us that have hung with the team for years have certainly endured more disappointment than jubilation. This one was there for the taking but it's a game of inches and circumstance.

If Dunn tosses the puck to the corner instead of having it get caught in his glove (and nearly into the net) it's game over....

If our two boys don't collide in the MSU O zone turning into an odd man rush for the shorthanded goal...

If our most reliable centerman wins the draw with 3 secs left...

If Stewart doesn't fan on the puck for a shot by Irwin...

If MSU gets caught with 7 on the ice late...

It's one of those unexplainable things when we play MSU. I just wish it wasn't last night.

On the positive, Raboin made a BIG difference. Hard to believe he could skate as well as he was. What a warrior. It will be HUGE to have Marvin back. Our best defensive forward will help alot. The team needs him back in the lineup.

Pitlick is a horse. What a get for MSU.

This series will go to three - no question.
      Last edited by Montelena; 03-13-2010, 11:46 AM.
      "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Montelena, I am going to disagree with you on a Sunday game. This was the game that SCSU was supposed to win, they didnt get it done and now are completely wrecked mentally. Msu by 2 goals tonight.

Comment

Great win last night, I'd really prefer this doesn't go to three games, but I can't believe it won't. a question I've started to ponder- are the Mavs playing at the level we expected prior to the season from a veteran team with good young talent? The last month or so, the Mavs have played very solid hockey. Get it done tonight boys! Get us back to Saint Paul!
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post

Pitlick is a horse. What a get for MSU.
            It's a shame that I don't think we'll have him for more than a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
              Montelena, I am going to disagree with you on a Sunday game. This was the game that SCSU was supposed to win, they didnt get it done and now are completely wrecked mentally. Msu by 2 goals tonight.
              You could be right. However, I'm not in acceptance of that kind of outcome right now. It's called denial. But, if there ever was a time to break this so called mystical curse you have on the Huskies it would be a win tonite and tomorrow.

Then , all would be well in Huskyland.
              "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Dear Mavericks,
                You are halfway there.... beat Jan by 6 tonight.
                Thanks -Sioux fans

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                  Dear Mavericks,
                  You are halfway there.... beat Jan by 6 tonight.
                  Thanks -Sioux fans
                  Fearing the play-in game? Fun.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    Fearing the play-in game? Fun.
                    I've never seen a Sioux fan so obsessed with SCSU. He's cute, isn't he?

Comment

i figured Sioux fans would want us to advance. That way we could possibly meet at the Final Five and they could send another 4th liner to fight the big bad boogey man Marvin.
                      This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                      www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                        I've never seen a Sioux fan so obsessed with SCSU. He's cute, isn't he?
                        His use of "Jan" (a uniquely Gopher-centric term) underlines the bizarre obsession.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Sober Hockey Guy View Post
                          Outside of a bulldog win, the only thing that makes me smile more is SCSU holding true to form in classic late season choke mode. Now if only you could get back to being a number 1 seed and then lose in the 1st round. Come on SCSU, you can do it!
                          What makes me smile is thinking about your fans huffing and puffing around the DECC like an overweight version of the Boston Marathon.

And Spisak has no clue...because the Mavs will sweep us tonight. Guess I have to root for Denver next week.
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            What makes me smile is thinking about your fans huffing and puffing around the DECC like an overweight version of the Boston Marathon.

And Spisak has no clue...because the Mavs will sweep us tonight. Guess I have to root for Denver next week.
                            Root for Denver against who? CC or the Mavs?

Comment

Originally posted by wchaforever View Post
                              Root for Denver against who? CC or the Mavs?
                              Too many factors. DU is just the team I hate the least.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                                We're not fat ...anymore.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X