PDA

View Full Version : FORE! WCHA First Round - Michigan Tech at Denver

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Beer Pong Horn
03-08-2010, 06:41 PM
You'd be able to hear the gears spinning furiously as the entire fanbase backpedaled over the entire season.

It's still possible for us to win both the Frozen Four and the Futile Four in the same season.

vizoroo
03-08-2010, 07:31 PM
"But no Jordan Baker or Olson"

What happened to them?

Flashy Man
03-08-2010, 07:36 PM

What happened to them?
Traded for future considerations or maybe they are just injured.

FadeToBlack&Gold
03-08-2010, 08:18 PM

Injuries. Tech radio guys made it sound like Olson was being reserved for the playoffs since he didn't play against Sue last weekend, but a "reliable source" whom one of the posters here knows claimed that he is likely done until next fall. As far as I know, there is no word yet on Baker, but he left Saturday's game and did not return.

Dmann
03-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Injuries. Tech radio guys made it sound like Olson was being reserved for the playoffs since he didn't play against Sue last weekend, but a "reliable source" whom one of the posters here knows claimed that he is likely done until next fall. As far as I know, there is no word yet on Baker, but he left Saturday's game and did not return.

Geeez!! When it rains it pours eh? I saw Olson play a couple of weeks ago and besides a little temper tantrum he had he was one of the bright spots for that team. Tons au skill!!! Anyway, one thing we Denver fans have learned is to be cautious during this first weekend of the WCHA playoffs!

DU sweeps, but barely!!!

FadeToBlack&Gold
03-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Geeez!! When it rains it pours eh? I saw Olson play a couple of weeks ago and besides a little temper tantrum he had he was one of the bright spots for that team. Tons au skill!!! Anyway, one thing we Denver fans have learned is to be cautious during this first weekend of the WCHA playoffs!

Fewer injuries than last season, but also less leadership on defense as well as younger goaltending. Hopefully the back end will make some progress next year.

And yeah, Olson and Gwilliam were the only consistent finishers we had for about half the year. Baker was absolutely snakebitten and didn't look like his sophomore self until the GLI.

SiouxTechie
03-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Phew! The Siouxage is a bit stinky in this thread.

Don't you have a sweep to be happy about? I didn't realize you North Dakota fans were so obsessed with bottomfeeders. :rolleyes:

Hey now, that was just willy, everyone knows I'm a not-so-closet Tech fan :)

You know, nothing against Denver but I'd almost like to see that happen, just to watch the fallout.

This. :D

MagnessMan
03-09-2010, 12:43 AM
I think minus Baker and Olson MTU goes down without much of a fight on the scoreboard.

FadeToBlack&Gold
03-09-2010, 12:52 AM
I think minus Baker and Olson MTU goes down without much of a fight on the scoreboard.

Gwilliam can put the puck in the net, but beyond that it's basically scoring by committee, so yeah probably...

The Rube
03-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Denver gets more wins than MTU gets goals this weekend.

Sadly, I'm not exaggerating. I fully believe this.

Twitch Boy
03-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Gwilliam can put the puck two feet over the net, but beyond that it's basically scoring by committee, so yeah probably...

FTFY.

/though I admit, he did find his touch this season, I just did it for the lulz

FadeToBlack&Gold
03-09-2010, 01:03 AM
FTFY.

/though I admit, he did find his touch this season, I just did it for the lulz

Heh, yeah...

Took him six years, a knee injury and a stroke, but he did finally crack two digits (with 14). :)

dggoddard
03-09-2010, 01:14 AM
You know, nothing against Denver but I'd almost like to see that happen, just to watch the fallout.A week off before the NCAA's would be OK with me. :)

The Rube
03-09-2010, 01:17 AM
A week off before the NCAA's would be OK with me. :)

So it's a deal, then?? :eek: :D

dggoddard
03-09-2010, 01:20 AM
So it's a deal, then?? :eek: :DI'm pretty sure its not my call, but if it were I'm OK with losing twice.

JohnsonsJerseys
03-09-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech has gone into the state of CO and pulled the #10 v #1 upset twice already. I think it is time for a third...

Also nice to meet up with Puckdiva, Flashy and tIGulk over the weekend who stopped by to check out the Tech jersey collection. Even pulled out a few NMU jerseys for Puck as a bit of equal opportunity.

If anyone else wants to stop by in the future you are certainly welcome to do so if you are passing through Central WI.

Ryan J

ColoToot
03-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech has gone into the state of CO and pulled the #10 v #1 upset twice already. I think it is time for a third...

Also nice to meet up with Puckdiva, Flashy and tIGulk over the weekend who stopped by to check out the Tech jersey collection. Even pulled out a few NMU jerseys for Puck as a bit of equal opportunity.

If anyone else wants to stop by in the future you are certainly welcome to do so if you are passing through Central WI.

Ryan J

Only did the 10 - 1 once in 94

Haven't beat DU in a playoff series yet.

Still working on my tickets.

vizoroo
03-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Know Tech will come to play this weekend, but still think DU wins in two.

The Darkness
03-09-2010, 12:27 PM
You know, nothing against Denver but I'd almost like to see that happen, just to watch the fallout.

If this happened I couldn't tell you the joy I would have listening to all of the Tech fans, who insist the program should disband and give up any hope of ever winning again, trying to come to terms with what was going on.

du78
03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Tickets should not be a problem this weekend. Tomorrow is the last day of the Winter quarter and finals are from Thursday thru Sunday. Proabably won't be a lot of DU students at the games due to the tests and the beginning of Spring break. The players will be juggling the games and finals at the same time. However, they are pretty adept at this as it happens every year in the Fall and Winter. During the Final Five DU will be on Spring break.