X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    You talked to the wrong locals, Forklift Boy. UND will steamroll the Rodents but the Rodent band still gets to go to the F5.

Sioux in One.
    I'm gonna notify the UND security that you will be entering the building with a sign that says "Gophers are crap." That way, they can toss you in the slammer. After hearing about how their biggest fan is now in jail, the Sue will be so distraught that they'll skate around aimlessly, running into each other, and MN will sweep.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Sioux suck. They're all haks. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jockstock View Post
        There's only ONE Hak... His full name is Dave Hakstol. I'm sure you've heard of him?
        Application for Admission to the WCHA:
        http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
        Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
        Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
        Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
        All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jockstock View Post
          I've missed you Tyler. I'll get you some Mini Donuts at the F5!

Sioux in One
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            So, not one person was injured, not one house was lost, no damage occured. Right?

Yeah, thought so.

Sue in zero. MN's bus gets as far as St, Clooud, and then says fuggit and they hit the bars in St, Clooud, and proceed to get drunk and kick the Huskies' butts in a big barfight.
            ...after the fight the Huskies will hang a participation banner...
            License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
              ...after the fight the Huskies will hang a participation banner...
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

To piggyback my previous hockey-related post:

On Fri, UND (minus one big mistake, which gave the Huskies thier only goal on a silver platter) looked unstoppable. Saturday, however, Eidsness looked extremely shaky, but MTU couldn't capitalize on his mistakes. Most of the time he was bobbling that first shot, giving up rebounds, etc etc. He wasn't controlling the puck very well at all, and was out of position many a time.

If he plays like he did on Fri, this will be a short series. If he plays like he did on Sat, it's gonna go the whole nine yards.

As for the rest of the team, expect the same old same old. There should have been 2, mayyyyyybe 3, CFBs called on Sat, and none were. One was obvious (and talked about amongst the refs, before a standard 2 minute boarding was called), one was borderline but should have probably been called, and one was really marginal (didn't get to see a replay on that one, so I'll go with the call that was made).

They had a lot of trouble with MTU's forecheck, and their PP was shaky at times, as to keeping it in the zone. If they did manage to keep it in the zone, and set up, they looked really really good.

So, basically, forecheck like no other, throw anything and everything at the net to see how Eidsness is seeing the puck that night, and go from there.

Many of the locals are kind of afraid of MN right now, if only because of the rivalry thing. I'd say about 75% of them said UND in a 3 game series, and it'd be close the whole way (and I presented myself as an MTU fan until I heard their opinions). Also, only talked to one sorta a-hole fan, but he backed off his trash-talking really quickly when a couple other Sioux fans (not his friends) corrected him on how the MTU-UND games went this weekend. So, I'm thinking that the opinions I heard regarding this matchup are the genuine feeling of the Sioux fans.

Now back to the inane chatter until Thursday!

Comment

Whoever scores three goals in a game wins. That's really all you need to know - well, that and the fact MN won't score three in any of the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                    Whoever scores three goals in a game wins. That's really all you need to know - well, that and the fact MN won't score three in any of the games.
                    Honestly, if Eidsness plays us like he did on Sat....we're hanging 5 on him. Easy. He almost Frazee'd a couple goals. But since it was MTU.....well, you know the drill.

Vandevelde and Gregoire both had helluva games, too, this weekend. Yeah, they are the main weapons, but even when keyed on, they looked good. Again, it was against MTU, but still.

Comment

• Re: WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

MN will get three breakaways each game and hit the pipe on all of them. They'll have a wide open net to shoot at five or six times this weekend, and they'll miss the net every single time - or shoot it into the goalie somehow. This doesn't include the 10-15 times per game that they shoot high and hit the glass or miss the net by 5-10 feet on slappers from the blueline.

Comment

Ugh. Great.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Honestly, if Eidsness plays us like he did on Sat....we're hanging 5 on him. Easy. He almost Frazee'd a couple goals. But since it was MTU.....well, you know the drill.
                          There's another big factor you're forgetting. As much as it depends on how Eidsness plays, it will depend on how well the defense plays in front of him. If the Sioux defense plays as well as they can (Keep in mind Jake Marto was out on Saturday and is expected to play this weekend) they can mask an inconsistent, shaky, Eids. If they are as sloppy as they were Saturday, then yes, 5 is a possibility. Also, if our forecheck is on...the Gophers won't get much of an opportunity to test him.

I swear if this turns into a Landcows/Gophers 17 OT series...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            I swear if this turns into a Landcows/Gophers 17 OT series...
                            Don't say like that!

Chez Rube will be open both nights. As far as I know, I get no tape delay on Fri. No Senser's because:

A) Bad record for the Gophers when I'm there
                            B) Expenditures (due to the F5 the next week if and more importantly WHEN the Gophers are there)

Comment

Don't say like that!

Chez Rube will be open both nights. As far as I know, I get no tape delay on Fri. No Senser's because:

A) Bad record for the Gophers when I'm there
                              B) Expenditures (due to the F5 the next week if and more importantly WHEN the Gophers are there)
                              Sounds like a plan...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I think the intensity of a playoff/rivalry/season ending series of this magnitude is moderated by a significant psychological component too. They know they're the underdog going into GF but that can fire up a team too. Yeah, they've done poorly all season in putting the puck in the net, BUT they've shown some life recently.

I think they're a little more confident going in, they know their opponent, they can put the season behind them, put the pedal to the metal this weekend and try to make a run at it. I think it should go three games. IF they come out and match UND's intensity and go hard to the net, I'll go out on a limb and give the slight edge to the Gophers.

Comment

Working...
                                X