X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Gurt, you gonna be at the F5? If so, email me, and we'll figure out a way for me to buy ya a beer. Despite the rivalry, I'll have a beer with ya.
    I've got lots of Gopher fan friends and half of my college Bar-League team was from up your way. 3 of those guys were my room mates. We had lots of fun crushing each other as it was the late 80's/early 90's and the Badgers won in 90, the Twins won one and I was a Hawks fan amongst North Star fans.

I'm still on the fence for next weekend as I can only do one weekend and the St. Paul Regional remains a possibility for us. We'll see. Thanks for the offer and if not this time, I'll be around or maybe you'll come to our s-h-i-t-hole of a hockey arena.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      No one is doing a very good job of ignoring who we said we would ignore.
      Chez Rube is open tomorrow at 6. Just so you know. I am thinking I may preview the Baltika. Season ending game, and all.

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      I've got lots of Gopher fan friends and half of my college Bar-League team was from up your way. 3 of those guys were my room mates. We had lots of fun crushing each other as it was the late 80's/early 90's and the Badgers won in 90, the Twins won one and I was a Hawks fan amongst North Star fans.

I'm still on the fence for next weekend as I can only do one weekend and the St. Paul Regional remains a possibility for us. We'll see. Thanks for the offer and if not this time, I'll be around or maybe you'll come to our s-h-i-t-hole of a hockey arena.

I won't be at the Regionals, I can guarantee that. The F5 is my coup de grace every year, with the only exception being the F4 next year.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
        How come UND hasn't ever won a national championship in the REA? Is it because Uncle Ralphie had some of Hitler's bones buried under the ice? Is it because hakstool can't win the big one? Even god himself couldn't deliver in that worthless barn. It might as well be used to store some sugar beets until they can be processed, cause it will never be home to a Championship team.
        Man is this guy searching...
        'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Chez Rube is open tomorrow at 6. Just so you know. I am thinking I may preview the Baltika. Season ending game, and all.
          I would definitely be there, if I didn't have an effing concert I have to be at. I'm going to miss everything because of it. Three different parties, the Gopher game, and the Edina-Tonka final.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            WCHA Final Five >>>>>>>>> 95% of NCAA Regionals

The atmospheres won't compare at ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
              Did you Susie fans watch your golden boy Brock Nelson play yesterday? He will fit right in when he wears that puke green jersey.... plays dirty and likes to run up the score against a bad team late in the game, and when they scored to go up 8-0 he acted like it was his first goal ever... vey classy! He will fit right in with the rest of you tools.
              Where did RinkPig go?

Call the cops, he's gone missing.

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                Where did RinkPig go?
                Probably the same place that SIM goes when UND loses a couple games in a row.

Comment

I think the last time the Gopher's season ended at the Ralph it was the Holy Cross Crusaders who thumped them. Our turn.

As for Friday's performance, we have some adjectives to choose from. The Gopher's performance was:

A. pathetic
                  B. embarassing
                  C. lackluster
                  D. miserable
                  E. all of the above
                  F. none of the above (let's see who is in denial)
                  A Fan of the UND Fighting Sioux!! Sioux the NCAA!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                    WOW

Season that bad?
                    Gophers would rather discuss BADger basketball than Gopher hockey!
                    Gopher Hockey no longer exists.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Yeah. UCLA =/= greatness.

North Carolina, Kentucky, Florida... All not great.
                      So because I say Wisconsin is great, those teams aren't? I'm not sure what your point is.

Gopher Hockey no longer exists.
                      No, but there's always been Goofer hockey.
                      Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post
                        I think the last time the Gopher's season ended at the Ralph it was the Holy Cross Crusaders who thumped them. Our turn.

As for Friday's performance, we have some adjectives to choose from. The Gopher's performance was:

A. pathetic
                        B. embarassing
                        C. lackluster
                        D. miserable
                        E. all of the above
                        These choices look similar to Dakota's usual Frozen Four performances vs. Boston College too.
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                          Where did RinkPig go?
                          Saw his posts over at the Strib, razzing the homies. Sucha pig.

Comment

If so, email me, and we'll figure out a way for me to buy ya a beer. Despite the rivalry, I'll have a beer with ya.
                            Will you buy me a Morgan with some cool, cold, refreshing Coca-Cola Classic in it?
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                              So because I say Wisconsin is great, those teams aren't? I'm not sure what your point is.
                              Someone asked how you would define greatness. You gave some bizarre, cherry-picker formula which would exclude those teams I mentioned.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post

A. pathetic
                                B. embarassing
                                C. lackluster
                                D. miserable
                                E. all of the above
                                E all of the above.

This team quits playing after getting down by one goal it has happened all year long and I see no reason it will change tonight. Pretty pathetic.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X