X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post
    Does anyone know what channel the game should be on for Dish Network? I haven't been able to find anything on it.

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/...74&feedID=3590
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Apparently the alternate channels will show up at game time but not before.

At least with Comcast that's what they are saying.
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks!
        "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I've already explained that in great detail.

If the Gophers score two goals they have about a 6% chance of winning. 1-15 record.
          If the Gophers score three goals or more they have about a 85% chance of winning. 16-2-2 record.
          If the Gophers score four goals or more they have about a 99% chance of winning (it's 100 but I refuse to say sure thing). 10-0 record.

The problem is the Gophers only score 3 goals or more in a game 55% of the time. And UND has been shutting people down lately, in their last 7 games they've given up 2 goals or less and won all 7.

So, the trend line says that there is no way Minnesota can score 3 and thus no way they can win.

Sioux Sweep.
          Good job on this Scoobs. You know me by now I love the objectivity.

But in this case considering the following factors:

1) a UND/MN playoff/rivalry,
          2) the recent history of the clashes of these two teams (each team has a tie and a blowout),
          3) the subjective psychological component of the need for a full on intense commitment by the Gophers to avoid a "season ending" series,
          4) the Sioux are already guaranteed an NCAA bid whereas the Gophers need to win for a remote shot at making the NCAAs ,
          5) the Gophers have averaged 3.5 GPG over the last six (UND I think is 4.? in last 10?)
          6) the Gophers going into a hostile and abusive environment as the underdog,

I'd tend to look at the above factors as exceptional to the normative stats that you highlighted. Because of the number of subjective elements in the equation it's a difficult call.

Comment

UND will try to rack up 85 hits tonight(friday). Sort of like they did against St cloud in St Cloud. Hopefully Kangas doesn't become a wall. By Saturday the goophers will be so scared they won't even want to play.

UND in 2. The Ralph will not get one extra night of beer sales this year.

Comment

I'm surprised the WCHA is allowing this series to happen. They should desperately want both of these teams to make it to the X.

Maybe they will allow 3 ties and send both teams.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                I'm surprised the WCHA is allowing this series to happen. They should desperately want both of these teams to make it to the X.

they could change the format of the final five and claim it's practice for next years WCHA lineup

Comment

Or just don't allow Wisconsin to come. That would make everyone happy.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

very true

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

I'm in for that! I'd even cancel my trip that week if that happened.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        I'm hoping my DVR gets the right game tonight. FSN says it'll be on 658 on Direct TV tonight. My channel guide says nothing of the sort and says I don't even get that channel. I set it anyway. I'll be at the Xcel tonight watching the next generation of UND, Gopher, etc. stars.
                        Go Hornets!

Originally posted by ItalianSioux View Post
                        I just grabbed a copy of the Pioneer Press and there is no story about this series in there
                        Why? They are all covering the State hockey tourney.
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                            *****http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8548/snailridingturtle.jpg******

Sioux in One
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              Or just don't allow Wisconsin to come. That would make everyone happy.
                              Unless you own a bar in St. Paul, they'd miss the drunks......er Wisconsin fans.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                              Twenty red lights in his honor
                              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                Unless you own a bar in St. Paul, they'd miss the drunks......er Wisconsin fans.

Don't you fret, we'll be there.

How long til 7:00? This day is just crawling by.

Comment

Working...
                                X