This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA First Round: MN @ UND

Unless Kangas can summon up some Khan-like saves like he did against the Purple Cows a couple of years ago I hate to say it but Sioux in 3.

Also I would take Brock Nelson in a heartbeat FWIW.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Final Predictions for the series.

UND 11, MN 1
      UND 8, MN 2
      Sand Bagous Giganticus

Comment

I just grabbed a copy of the Pioneer Press and there is no story about this series in there
        Lammy is my daddy: Co-Founder of the Philippe Lamoureux Fan Club

IALTO

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I've already explained that in great detail.

If the Gophers score two goals they have about a 6% chance of winning. 1-15 record.
          If the Gophers score three goals or more they have about a 85% chance of winning. 16-2-2 record.
          If the Gophers score four goals or more they have about a 99% chance of winning (it's 100 but I refuse to say sure thing). 10-0 record.

The problem is the Gophers only score 3 goals or more in a game 55% of the time. And UND has been shutting people down lately, in their last 7 games they've given up 2 goals or less and won all 7.

So, the trend line says that there is no way Minnesota can score 3 and thus no way they can win.

Sioux Sweep.
          What I was saying is a little different (except the 3 goals). UND could score 2 goals to tie the game up at two, but since MN scored their second goal first, they would win under my scenario.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            What I was saying is a little different (except the 3 goals). UND could score 2 goals to tie the game up at two, but since MN scored their second goal first, they would win under my scenario.
            So, you think that if Minnesota happens to get to two first they'll automatically get to 3 first despite the data?

Sure, could happen. Not likely.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              So, you think that if Minnesota happens to get to two first they'll automatically get to 3 first despite the data?

Sure, could happen. Not likely.
              Yep. It's a big "if" for MN to get two goals, though.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think if we are team with more goals at the end of the game we will have a good chance of winning. - D. Green
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Yep. It's a big "if" for MN to get two goals, though.
                  Minnesota scores less than two 28% of the time.

The most likely score at the end of the game has Minnesota with two goals and UND with 3 or more.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                    Gopher fans still sandbagging.
                    We do our part for the Red River Valley.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      I think if we are team with more goals at the end of the game we will have a good chance of winning. - D. Green
                      And yet another.

"There's two teams here that want to win. When that happens, only one team can win."

"Nobody can beat us when we play like we play when we play."
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                        Did you Susie fans watch your golden boy Brock Nelson play yesterday? He will fit right in when he wears that puke green jersey.... plays dirty and likes to run up the score against a bad team late in the game, and when they scored to go up 8-0 he acted like it was his first goal ever... vey classy!
                        Sorry for responding to the pig. But I saw that same behavior from a number of stars on ranked teams this week. If anything, Nelson showed a little nervousness when he mishandled a couple sure goals.

Comment

I'm hoping my DVR gets the right game tonight. FSN says it'll be on 658 on Direct TV tonight. My channel guide says nothing of the sort and says I don't even get that channel. I set it anyway. I'll be at the Xcel tonight watching the next generation of UND, Gopher, etc. stars.

Comment

Gameday.
                            I'm still not sure what will happen in this series.
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                              Gameday.
                              I'm still not sure what will happen in this series.
                              The trend lines are fairly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                I'm hoping my DVR gets the right game tonight. FSN says it'll be on 658 on Direct TV tonight. My channel guide says nothing of the sort and says I don't even get that channel. I set it anyway. I'll be at the Xcel tonight watching the next generation of UND, Gopher, etc. stars.

Does anyone know what channel the game should be on for Dish Network? I haven't been able to find anything on it.
                                "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Working...
                                X