HE Quarters: UML @ Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Quarters: UML @ Maine

Lowell gets to go into it's personal house of horrors and try and win a playoff series.

I hadn't known about Darling being potentially gone till last night. No idea what he did, but unless it was something huge, why wouldn't Whitehead end the "indefinite" suspension?

I'm still happy that Holmstrom got a game misconduct last night, and not a DQ ... at least he gets to play in all the possible games.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Word around the student section is that Darling got caught drinking for the third time and that is the reason for the suspension. I also heard that it was supposed to be for just one game but Whitehead extended it for whatever reason.

Comment

Maybe Marty Meehan will give us all a ride up to Orono.

Comment

I'm betting that there will be almost as many Lowell fans as Maine fans.......after Maine loses the series and the season ends.......that's when the REAL fireworks will start!

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
            Don't be using that "oh our team is down and we're going to get swept" BS. Lowell doesn't need your help to let a winnable series go down the tubes and get swept 9-0, 8-1. Perfectly capable of doing that themselves.
            It's not BS. Maine sucks right now and we don't have a Div 1 goaltender.

Comment

I love the atmosphere at Alfond, but God help me, it's like having a picnic at Mordor. Nothing good happens on the ice up there. If there are worse seats in college than the ones under the student section, I don't want to know about them.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo1091 View Post
                Word around the student section is that Darling got caught drinking for the third time and that is the reason for the suspension. I also heard that it was supposed to be for just one game but Whitehead extended it for whatever reason.
                It might not matter in this situation but Darling is 21
                Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                  It's not BS. Maine sucks right now and we don't have a Div 1 goaltender.

Maines 4th line is back together, think that helps Maine out on D. Nyquist is obviously hurt, not sure whats up but I'd guess back issues. The freshman forwards have disappeared. The D refuses to touch anyone, thats coaching if you ask me, its part of Timmays system. Willie is good enough to win 2 games at Alfond, we'll see if he can do it or if Tim will let him try.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo1091 View Post
                    Someone in the BDN comments said that he showed up for a team meeting a little 'under the weather' if you know what I mean.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                      I'm pretty sure the athletic code says that athletes can't drink during the season.

Comment

I love this...Maine fans jumping into the Penobscot because of the sweep and alleged "beverage" issues with Darling and Lowell fans jumping off Pawtucket Falls because we have to travel to Maine instead of hosting Merrimack.

If nothing else, this series has to have most drama during the week.
                        - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                          Doesn't help him when he's driving.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Someone in the BDN comments said that he showed up for a team meeting a little 'under the weather' if you know what I mean.
                            Having Whitehead as a coach would turn you into a alcoholic.
                            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                              Is that Larry's excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                                Or having Darling as your goalie might have the same effect. Maybe the Midget will bring up an extra six for Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X