PDA

View Full Version : Hockey East Quarterfinals - #7 UMass @ #2 Boston College

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Onion Man
03-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Why is Milner devoid of blame? That 4th goal he was out of position, so he slid accross the crease to try to make up for it and then got turned around and was in the net, facing the back of the net while the shot was being taken. Then the 5th goal was just awful. Just a goal that never should of happened.

That said Gibbons was bad too. I am pretty sure he passed the pick directly to one of the UMass players stick on the 3rd goal.

The team didn't play well tonight, and part of that was Milner. Hopefully they play the was they did in the 2nd for 3 periods tomorrow.

Im not absolving him of blame, just pointing out that he was far from the only guy who almost cost them this game. He's the easy target with Muse sitting on the bench. I agree Muse should be in net the rest of the way.

Eaglefan06
03-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Im not absolving him of blame, just pointing out that he was far from the only guy who almost cost them this game. He's the easy target with Muse sitting on the bench. I agree Muse should be in net the rest of the way.

I think we are arguing over points of agreement, hahaha. Basically we were on the same page, but thought we weren't.

umassfan49
03-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Milner was bad all night. That doesn't excuse the team. They were bad too. But the 3 goals that weren't to 5 on 3 goals, we just bad goals, at least in my opinion.

Both goalies were extremely shaky tonight. Like I said before, Muse is the better goalie, if that's not clear after tonight than I don't know what is.

bostonfan86
03-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Postgame Recap and Video from Inside Hockey:

http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/6151
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbZxi-D1bC4

BCeagle
03-13-2010, 03:56 AM
If BC didn't give up two 5x3 goals the game wouldn't even be close. I would go with Milner again but can't fault him for all 5 goals.

Onion Man
03-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Milner is a good young goalie who will improve with experience. I still want Muse in net this playoff season. If Milner goes again tonight, Muse (assuming he would play) would go into a single game elimination game with two weeks between starts. Logically, Muse starts tonight.

REDMEN2002
03-13-2010, 08:53 AM
I certainly hope to see Muse in net tonight. That 5th goal given up by Milner was abysmal. I will say he made some key saves later on in the 3rd period, but I want Muse in net the rest of the way. I'm willing to bet however that Milner is back in net again tonight.

sterlippo1
03-13-2010, 09:17 AM
since i had fried the students for not showing up in a previous post, they deserve kudos for their showing last night. us alumni should be fried. If it weren't for them the place would have been a morgue...........good job and get back there tonight in even greater numbers. Go Eagles!

btg1204
03-13-2010, 10:34 AM
since i had fried the students for not showing up in a previous post, they deserve kudos for their showing last night. us alumni should be fried. If it weren't for them the place would have been a morgue...........good job and get back there tonight in even greater numbers. Go Eagles!

Agreed about the students great showing, but isn't it always a morgue if not for the students?

jdevoejr
03-13-2010, 10:52 AM
There were way too many empty red seats and the bulk of those belong to season ticket holders / alumni. I hesitate to call them fans. :mad: That place should rock for a playoff game. As it was the UMASS fans made a good showing and were fairly loud.

jdevoejr
03-13-2010, 10:56 AM
When Joe Witney chased the puck into the zone and had to jump over a diving Dainton did anyone else see Joe Exter and Patrick Eaves out there? Other then the exact location on the ice it was virtually identical.

theprofromdover
03-13-2010, 11:05 AM
There were way too many empty red seats and the bulk of those belong to season ticket holders / alumni. I hesitate to call them fans. :mad: That place should rock for a playoff game. As it was the UMASS fans made a good showing and were fairly loud.

These games aren't part of the season ticket package. You have to jump through hoops to get your seats.

jdevoejr
03-13-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm a season ticket holder and I got mine without jumping through too many hoops. ( I did stumble once and cut my knee:o ) I believe they should be part of the season ticket package. If the team advances your account is charged and tickets are mailed to your house.

joegrav
03-13-2010, 11:58 AM
When Joe Witney chased the puck into the zone and had to jump over a diving Dainton did anyone else see Joe Exter and Patrick Eaves out there? Other then the exact location on the ice it was virtually identical.

I thought the exact same thing but hesitated to say as much to those around me. Scary.

Dainton went on a few adventures last night, ***? Is he always that crazy? He actually got run over by Whitney behind the net once.

Agree x100 on the student section turnout. It far surpassed my expectations. The only buzzkill was that after bringing some really good energy in the first period, the chanting and cheering sort of fizzled through the second and went away in the third.

It was a long, long game with lots of craziness so I'm thinking people got tired. Plus when it was 6-5 there was some real nervousness.

sterlippo1
03-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Agreed about the students great showing, but isn't it always a morgue if not for the students?

you have a point;)

sterlippo1
03-13-2010, 12:31 PM
These games aren't part of the season ticket package. You have to jump through hoops to get your seats.

right, they are not part of the season tix package but what do you mean about jumping through hoops to get your seats? i am not sure i even ordered these QF game tickets but they showed up a week ago in the mail. i initially thought that they were trying to fill the building and those who actually used all their tickets got a bonus 2 pack then i thought, oh, this is BC, why would i think ANYTHING was free??:rolleyes: i must have check the box to get 'em:confused:

FiveHole12
03-13-2010, 12:54 PM
Someone showed up at the end of the first and sat in YOUR seats! :eek: What's up with that?

I didn't jump through any hoops. We were supposed to order them by last Friday, but I went out to the ticket office between periods of the Sat. UNH game and got two of my 5 seats. Then I needed another for tonight (the 3 year old will be with us), and got another of my regular seats so I have 3 for tonight. I bet I could have gone up and asked for yours and got 'em.. ;)

You gonna be there tonight?

jjmc85
03-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Dainton went on a few adventures last night, ***? Is he always that crazy? He actually got run over by Whitney behind the net once.

Dainton is always that crazy. It drives me nuts and one of these days it's gonna burn him.

The UMass announcers asked him about it this past week on the UMass Coach's Show. He said something along the lines of "Leaving the crease and playing the puck is my favorite thing to do." He also said Toot trusts him and more or less gave him the green light to leave when he wants.

He said there was only one time (so far) that if came back to bite him and the other team scored as a result, but it was before he was at UMass.

Eaglefan06
03-13-2010, 10:49 PM
You hardly have to jump through hoops to get tickets. All you gotta do it walk up to the ticket office on gameday and purchase 10 dollar seats.

It sucks that seats are still available as they should always be sellouts, but that is just not the case.

Oh and glad BC got this done in 2 games.

Eaglefan06
03-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Oh and I am pretty sure Muse earned himself the job for the rest of the season.