Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HE Quarterfinals: #8 Vermont @ #1 New Hampshire: "Spooning Since 1791"

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
    Curious for some insight from those at the game. Was it Madore, the D or just UNH turning it on?
    Yes.
    113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
      As for bars, Scorps on Tues/Thurs was great, but I'll take the Knot over the fake TP or Libby's. Ballards made the mistake of running Guinness off the regular CO2 tap, and now Guinness is strictly canned. If you're Knot Irish, come on down the stairs.
      Scorps has $1 Pitchers on Tuesday nights. Hard to beat that. Any other night there you can find a roided-out brofest. Ballard's is rather dead these days and the food is mediocre at best. Libby's will most always be your best shot, and the Knot is a solid #2.
      "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
        Agreed. He had a hell of a night. Great goal off a face-off, own-goal, vicious hit that led to a UVM goal, and looked a half-step off in the defensive zone the rest of the game.
        Matt, nice nod to the soccer/football fans on the board.... EXXCCELLENT!!!!
        Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
        ECAC Tourney Champs 79
        Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
        Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
        Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
        NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Yikes. Didn't see the game, but it sounds like UVM had their chance last night. I don't see them having an opportunity like that 2 games in a row, so season ends tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
            ***!! I guess that is the result when you have a team that has been ruling the 3rd period all season and one that has been giving it up in the 3rd all season..

Curious for some insight from those at the game. Was it Madore, the D or just UNH turning it on?
            \

Madore in my opinion. UNH took advantage, but they did not score on anything more than hard working / suspect goal tending kind of plays.
            Watching UVM hockey from afar.....

Comment

The 3rd UNH goal late in the second really seemed to rattle Madore, if Vermont could have held the 2 goal lead into the lockerroom I think they would have won. But ending the period on such a bad goal and having to sit for 15mins thinking about it...well you could tell the team that started the third didnt look the same. Yes Madore could have stopped some of those(7 goals on 26 shots oouch!) but UNH players were able to get into great shooting spots without being hit or slowed down so I would say it was a team failure. Once Sneddon switched goalies you didnt see any good UNH chances which was partly due to UNH playing smart with a lead and better overall zone coverage.

So if Madore is in net tonight how short a leash is he on?

Not much from the refs last night, dont remember any powerplays in the last 2periods for either team. Kinda odd for a 11 goal game.
              New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post

Not much from the refs last night, dont remember any powerplays in the last 2periods for either team. Kinda odd for a 11 goal game.
                I thought it was a relatively clean, soft game. Other than Krates' hit before the 4th goal (which would have been negated by the goal anyway), and a UVM hit to the head that I saw on fosters.com's hilight video, I didn't see much that should have been called. THey had a pretty easy job last night, and other than the typical awful offsides/icing calls both ways, it was well officiated.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                  Yes Madore could have stopped some of those(7 goals on 26 shots oouch!)
                  Just to be clear... Madore allowed 6 goals (one was an ENG)... and he stopped 15 of the 21 shots he faced. Vazzano stopped all 4 of the shots he faced. The last UNH shot of the game was the ENG.
                  Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
                  ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
                  Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
                  Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
                  NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Here is one UVM fan looking forward to younger brother Vazzanno manning the VT net for the next four years. Madore is too small and just not quite.....

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                      Here is one UVM fan looking forward to younger brother Vazzanno manning the VT net for the next four years. Madore is too small and just not quite.....
                      I thought he looked particularly bad on the wraparound. Seemed like he was the last guy in the Whitt to figure out what Sislo was going to do. Getting beat is one thing, but he didn't seem to think about sliding across the crease until the puck was in the net.
                      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Madore will more than likely be very motivated to redeem himself tonight with a big game. This UNH fan is hoping the boys in blue can net a quick goal and take that confidence away again. Unfortunately I cant make tonights game because I play in a band and have a show tonight. Good luck UNH!

Comment

Yep, didn't have to excercise all that self-control as far as the officiating went last night. Found I had to use it with our Wildcats in the second p. though.Got to hand it to Coach he's pretty good with his cool this year with a few necessary (me thinks) exceptions. What year is Higgins ? Transfer maybe??

Comment

Well, after doing the research myself @ Hockey East Online it seems my better-half was correct about the 20g/20a thing concerning B. Butler/Jason Krog. Bobby is the first since Krog to have 20g/20a in" regular season Conference(HE) "play.The thing is H.E.O. only takes me back as far as 2000,think maybe Haydar was a junior then.

Comment

Originally posted by tangledupinblue View Post
                              Well, after doing the research myself @ Hockey East Online it seems my better-half was correct about the 20g/20a thing concerning B. Butler/Jason Krog. Bobby is the first since Krog to have 20g/20a in" regular season Conference(HE) "play.The thing is H.E.O. only takes me back as far as 2000,think maybe Haydar was a junior then.
                              Well you didn't say conference games

Even more impressive about Krog is they played 3 fewer games before UVM joined...

Comment

doesn't look like ANYONE in Hockey East has had 20/20 in conference play since Krog...

Comment

Working...
                                X