Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Quarterfinals: #8 Vermont @ #1 New Hampshire: "Spooning Since 1791"

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
    UNH should sweep based on what I saw from UVM at Tsongas on Friday and Saturday.

If you have watched UVM at any other time this season you would know that this is invalid logic. Perhaps a sweep will happen but not based on the reasoning of how they played last weekend. UVM is unfortunately very inconsistent and saying how they will do one week based on the last week is like predicting the lottery. However, my lottery prediction is that this series goes to a third game.

Anyone think that UVM would get to practice at Lake Whit? I doubt it but if Sneddon asked would it be allowed? Would it even make a difference? Should it be allowed for teams to get a feel of the opposing ice? Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
      The way things seem to be going in HE in the last month I would bet against any team coming off a good weekend and take the odds on the team that struggled.
      So, which team's 1-point weekend was "good"?
      Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
      -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
        Anyone think that UVM would get to practice at Lake Whit? I doubt it but if Sneddon asked would it be allowed? Would it even make a difference? Should it be allowed for teams to get a feel of the opposing ice? Thoughts?
        I know for NCAAs the teams all get designated ice time. But do you really think Sneddon will bother? I don't know when your spring break starts, but it's already a three hour drive from Burlington to Durham. Allowing time to loosen up after the bus trip, they'll probably leave UVM around 12noon; check in at 3pm; dinner at 430; at the Whitt by 530 (I have no idea what their schedule is, I'm just basing this off the few times I drove other NCAA hockey teams). You want ice time before the game, you're talking about leaving Burlington before lunch time . . . just something to consider.
        I haven't been on here in a year...
        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
          I could be wrong, but I would think UVM would leave for UNH on Thursday and have a game day skate Friday morning at the Whit.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
            On paper, UNH should win, and advance to the Garden. While I'm hopeful that they will, the Wildcats don't seem to like to play with a lead. Instead they've been relying upon comebacks, with mixed results. If that is the case this weekend, and Madore is hot, then an upset, or at least Game 3, is indeed possible.

If UNH does get to the Garden, and/or to the NCAAs, I believe their success rests with scoring goals and defending a lead, rather than in the hope of an improbable comeback victory, e.g. vs. NoDak last year, or BU's thriller in the FF Final. And I haven't seen anything to make me believe that they are capable of playing domination hockey -- though I'm happy to be proven wrong, at least in this regard.
            On paper? Isn't that where UML was playing for 1st in HE?

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
              If I wanted to read posts with fans from two teams who played yesterday and the day before needlessly bashing each other, I'd go to the UNH v. BC thread

I'll settle this silly debate once and for all:

UVM and UML both suck.
              And we have a winner...they both suck. UVM and UML both need to win to get a shot at the NCAA's. Lose and go home.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                I could be wrong, but I would think UVM would leave for UNH on Thursday and have a game day skate Friday morning at the Whit.
                You would be correct.
                UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                  You would be correct.
                  Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                  I know for NCAAs the teams all get designated ice time. But do you really think Sneddon will bother? I don't know when your spring break starts, but it's already a three hour drive from Burlington to Durham. Allowing time to loosen up after the bus trip, they'll probably leave UVM around 12noon; check in at 3pm; dinner at 430; at the Whitt by 530 (I have no idea what their schedule is, I'm just basing this off the few times I drove other NCAA hockey teams). You want ice time before the game, you're talking about leaving Burlington before lunch time . . . just something to consider.
                  If there smart they will do what BC did last week and find a facility which has a large sheet of ice to practice on , in fact they should have already had practice session num 1 ..

Comment

Originally posted by kdaddy View Post
                    On paper? Isn't that where UML was playing for 1st in HE?

We have a winner!!!
                    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                      If there smart they will do what BC did last week and find a facility which has a large sheet of ice to practice on , in fact they should have already had practice session num 1 ..
                      of course BC only practiced on the big sheet 2/3 as long as they should have...

Comment

UNH sweep
                        4-1
                        3-0

Comment

Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                          You would be correct.
                          It looks like Merrimack will be practicing twice at Agganis before their series starts.
                          From the Warrior Rink Rat site:
                          Merrimack will bus from North Andover to Boston on Thursday to practice at Agganis Arena, site of this weekend's Hockey East quarterfinal series with Boston University. All practices will be closed to the public.

The Warriors will bus from Merrimack's campus to Agganis Arena on Thursday for a practice. They'll also have their morning skate on Friday morning at Agganis Arena, in preparation for Game 1 of the series on Friday night at 7:30 p.m. (televised on NESN).
                          http://www.warriorrinkrat.com/

Comment

Originally posted by thecomicbookguy View Post
                            So, which team's 1-point weekend was "good"?
                            UNH's. At least they took a point from a good team. UVM took a point away from an average team.
                            Originally posted by Hokydad
                            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

The WhitteMorgue will be in full force once again, as UNHs terror at the thought of St. Paddy's with the students on campus drives them to schedule Spring Break starting this weekend.

With some of the excitement back (sell-out vs BC), I'm sure most of the extra student tix will be scooped up, but as with the Verizon, the crowd isn't the same.
                              113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                                The WhitteMorgue will be in full force once again, as UNHs terror at the thought of St. Paddy's with the students on campus drives them to schedule Spring Break starting this weekend.

With some of the excitement back (sell-out vs BC), I'm sure most of the extra student tix will be scooped up, but as with the Verizon, the crowd isn't the same.
                                The last time UNH sold out a Quarterfinal series was 02-03 and the only other time going back to 98-99 was the year before 01-02. Many season ticket holders don't buy the playoff tickets. UNH teams with far more hype than this one have played the first round at a 2/3 full Whitt.

I expect plenty of seats will be available.
                                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Working...
                                X