the Ohio State University Post-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the Ohio State University Post-Season Thread

ohio state hockey twitter just said that tickets were on sale now. where?

Comment

[QUOTE=MUhawks628;4693231]No students there, it was probably quiet even after the shorty and game tier, I kid I kid.

They said it was a sold out crowd with standing room only.

The Bucks almost gave the game to Miami in regulation. Then they took it back in OT. " SWEET. "

The Bucks can play with Miami 5 on 5.
      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
        They said it was a sold out crowd with standing room only.
        Are you a really bad forum troll or just slow?

Comment

I've always found listening to hockey on the radio stressful. Tonight was exceptionally hard on the ticker. I really didn't see us scoring after the late third period meltdown but we found a way to live another day.

Once again your season is on the line tomorrow so we need to come out the desperate team. Proud of the guys for at least making it to Sunday.

Comment

Up 2 goals and on the PP with 5 minutes to go i things looked pretty good. That was untill sims decided to pinch in and miss the puck creating a 2 on 1 and giving the hawks some life. The the last goal was a very bad one for dusty, he wasnt on the post all the way and went down early leaving the top corner.

I was very pleased with the first period tonight. I felt better tonight with the lead more than last night. Miami dominated last night even though ohio state was ahead, tonight the first was more even and ohio state had the lead 2-0.

I was very disappointed with the officals tonight i had a problem with every call Wilkins made expect the hit to the head by the miami player in the 2nd that lead to the 4th ohio state goal. Yes that should have been a penalty at the end of the game on ohio state both guys missed that one.

Tomorrow all the pressure is on miami they are supposed to be through to detroit all ready and ohio state well this is bonus hockey now. To win ohio state will have to get off to a good start again and stay on the gas pedal. Stay out of the box not giving extra chances to miami. Dusty will have to be great like he was tonight. The first goal is going to be very crucial more to the buckeyes than miami. If i were miami i wouldnt change much after being down 3-0 i thought they controled the game pretty much.

Get a good nights sleep and come out guns a blazin tomorrow. GO BUCKS!

Comment

OK, for those of you who can't go to the game but want to watch it here is how to get it FREE!. When you go to Miami's athletic website at www.muredhawks.com and proceed to the hockey page you will see where you can click on the option of gametracker or watch. Click on watch and it will take you to CBS Sports (CSTV) where you can pay to view. It has a place to enter a promo code, you want to enter FREEMONTH09 and that should give it to you free, at least it worked for me with Saturday's game. One last thing, it will require you to have Microsoft Silverlight to watch and will give you the option of downloading it if you don't already have it. Hope it works for everyone. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                Dusty will have to be great like he was tonight...
                With all due respect, Dusty has been far from great. He has been adequate mostly. His defense has definitely played schizophrenically in front of him, leaving him out to dry on occasion, but he is way WAY too deep in the net, is fighting the puck quite a bit, not anticipating well (he was in Western PA on the shorty) and in general looks fairly uncomfortable. Team defense will have to be great to win tonight, and the Bucks have to stay out of the box. This team has the potential to steal another one from the Redhawks, but they will have to play pretty much a perfect game.
                Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
                  With all due respect, Dusty has been far from great. He has been adequate mostly. His defense has definitely played schizophrenically in front of him, leaving him out to dry on occasion, but he is way WAY too deep in the net, is fighting the puck quite a bit, not anticipating well (he was in Western PA on the shorty) and in general looks fairly uncomfortable. Team defense will have to be great to win tonight, and the Bucks have to stay out of the box. This team has the potential to steal another one from the Redhawks, but they will have to play pretty much a perfect game.
                  yea i shouldnt have said great but he wasnt terrible like the night before. on the shorty i think he was playing the shot from the boards for some reason, i dont know why but thats what it looked like to me. I agree they will have to play a perfect game to win you know the hawks will come out flying. All the pressure is on them to win get ahead of them and lets see how they react.

Comment

Hey, I think Dusty ("Dinky") was great . We still knew, even being shorthanded and down 2 late, that he would help us get back into the game.

That last second Miele breakaway still hurts, eh but they can't call everything. I know Rico and the boys were livid at that, and I think they're gonna carry that emotion over to the start tonight.

Was really hoping to not have to drive up there tonight and get a $50 ticket refund, but oh well, can't complain about being able to watch your favorite team for one more game at home can ya? Should be a good game. Miami still wants that second championship of the season (never won the Mason Cup) although we already have a #1 seed in the NCAAs, and the bucks want the game to keep playing after this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      Miami still wants that second championship of the season (never won the Mason Cup) although we already have a #1 seed in the NCAAs, and the Bucks want the game to keep playing after this weekend.
                      I think Miami will win tonight. I may have to check out that feed on Miami's website. As for the Mason Cup, you never know what will happen once you get to the Joe. The way I look at this, it's a win-win situation for the Ohio State fan. If we win, we'll have knocked out Miami and will be headed to the Joe. If we lose, it's definitely bye-bye Johnny! No way should Gene Smith even think about a contract extension for Markell after finishing 8th in the league and getting knocked out of the CCHA Tournament in the second round. I told Mrs 86 if Markell gets a contract extension, I boycott OSU mens hockey next season. She says if Bowling Green (her alma mater) hires him, she will boycott Bowling Green hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                        I think Miami will win tonight. I may have to check out that feed on Miami's website. As for the Mason Cup, you never know what will happen once you get to the Joe. The way I look at this, it's a win-win situation for the Ohio State fan. If we win, we'll have knocked out Miami and will be headed to the Joe. If we lose, it's definitely bye-bye Johnny! No way should Gene Smith even think about a contract extension for Markell after finishing 8th in the league and getting knocked out of the CCHA Tournament in the second round. I told Mrs 86 if Markell gets a contract extension, I boycott OSU mens hockey next season. She says if Bowling Green (her alma mater) hires him, she will boycott Bowling Green hockey.
                        Looks like no matter what the post season scenerio you're in a no-win situation at your house my friend unless BG passes on Markell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          Looks like no matter what the post season scenerio you're in a no-win situation at your house my friend unless BG passes on Markell.
                          LOL, I told Mrs 86 if BG is stupid enough to hire him, that's their fault. If they do hire him, she will don one of her OSU hockey sweaters and go to the OSU games with me, so all is not lost. If Markell gets an extension, I'll have to pull out one of my BGSU hockey sweaters and head up to the BGSU Ice Arena. I actually enjoy their venue. It's a great place to see a hockey game. They get a good student turnout and when the place is full, it rocks pretty good. It's the perfect antithesis to the cavernous setting we have with 3,000 fans at an arena that holds 17,500 for hockey. Or, another option is I can save some money and start going to more OSU women's hockey games. The women's games are free. I got this boycott thing figured out ... LOL. Sorry, didn't mean to get us off topic. Back to hockey. I really do hope we win tonight, but the realist side of me just does not see it happening, not in a game three on the road against a focused Miami team. They are just too good. As someone already alluded to, it's going to take an almost perfect game for us to pull it off, and I am just not sure we are capable of that, at least not against Miami on the road.
                          Last edited by osualum86; 03-14-2010, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I'm just happy that the Bucks got to game three with Miami.

I hope we can use the overtime WIN as a huge " MOMENTUM " boost and win tonight. If we lose tonight at least we got knocked out by a good team.

I still think the only way we will have a chance to beat them is 5 on 5. We can play with any team if we stay out of the penalty box and let the refs worry about the cheap stuff. Miami's game plan is to get inside our heads and taunt us into taking cheap stupid penalties. It worked for Miami in game one and almost worked for them in game two in the third period when the Bucks took three penalties in a row.

" GO BUCKEYES GO. "
                            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                              It's really become time. Besides the women's program is on a huge upswing, and the game, as opposed to women's b-ball, is actually quite watchable. Having had Buckeyes on all three Olympic medal winning teams, certainly won't hurt recruiting.

Sad thing is that Markell has some weird, innate ability to do just enough to keep his job--see last year's NCAA bid--but nothing more. I think I know what Andy Geiger would have done by now. I'm just hoping that Gene Smith has it in him to do the same in a week or two.

Comment

bucks need to play near perfec tonight but they can do it. Like someone else said,all the pressure is on Miami, they were supposed to win this series going away.

I think Dustin will step up tonight. Who's gonna be the hero on offense?

Comment

Working...
                                X