PDA

View Full Version : B.U. Season Thread 4. From a weekend that will determine playoff seedings on....

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

candycanes99
03-06-2010, 10:29 PM
so yeah....3rd?

Considering what things looked like at Thanksgiving, I'm pretty **** pleased.

Definitely, they got a little bit of consistency going in the latter half. Yeah, the losses to PC hurt, but at least there will be no wishing and hoping in the back of the players' minds. Need to win to stay alive from here on out.

pirate
03-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Definitely, they got a little bit of consistency going in the latter half. Yeah, the losses to PC hurt, but at least there will be no wishing and hoping in the back of the players' minds. Need to win to stay alive from here on out.

The years run together for me...I know we've won the first series as a #8 and lost one to a #8, if I recall. I don't recall a year when a team out of the PWR won the HE title to qualify for the Big Skate but I don't spend much time on the rankings, PWR, KRACH etc.

Federal League
03-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Sidebar on Gilroy (http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/kevin-gilroy-visits-hospital-friday.html), who went to the hospital last night with what was believed to be a cracked rib.

And a recap (http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/terriers-defeat-northeastern-4-3-clinch.html).

goalguard
03-06-2010, 11:16 PM
1. Nice to see the effort tonight when it really counted.
2. Great pass by #12 to set up #9's blast.
3. Save of the year by #31 with about 8 minutes left in the third.
4. Kinda odd that even if BU had swept VT last weekend, they'd still be in the third slot. (Obviously, a swing of two games would have helped in the pairwise, though probably not enough to break into the top 15 for a NCAA bid.)
5. And oh yes . . . thank you Tootie!

Carmine Scarpaglia
03-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Obviously, a swing of two games would have helped in the pairwise, though probably not enough to break into the top 15 for a NCAA bid

Paging mookie. Paging mookie.

Stories
03-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Let's hope for a quality weekend against Merrimack :)

ActionJoe
03-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Let's hope for a quality weekend against Merrimack :)

Any other year, we'd all be laughing about facing merrimack in the hockey east quarterfinals. Not just for the fact that merrimack made it to the quarterfinals but that we should be concerned about playing them. In the three games BU played against them they scored 14 goals against us. We scored 15.

I am a bit concerned as BU tends to overlook merrimack but I think BU will win out. Even though it will likely take three games to do so.

slurpees
03-07-2010, 02:48 AM
these arent your recently graduated friends warriors..these guys are legit and will definitely be a strong opponent. that said im happy well be on our own ice against a team that likely wont bring a vocal base of fans since itll be spring break and a ghost town behind the goals

DaveStPaul
03-07-2010, 07:09 AM
So, end of the regular season -- we had a 1st half record of 4-9-3, and a 2nd half of 12-6-0. It's been a frustrating season on many levels, but that turnaround is something I'm glad about. (That doesn't mean I'm content. I'll happily take a 4-0-0 record in the HE's. :D )

candycanes99
03-07-2010, 07:33 AM
these arent your recently graduated friends warriors..these guys are legit and will definitely be a strong opponent. that said im happy well be on our own ice against a team that likely wont bring a vocal base of fans since itll be spring break and a ghost town behind the goals

Yes, the Warriors are a strong team, but they'll be playing in Agganis.

BU's Splits:
Home: 9-5-2
Away: 5-9-0

Merrimack's Splits
Home: 12-3-1
Away: 3-13-1

BU is much better at home than away, but Merrimack's splits are :eek:.

biggd
03-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Shatty is gone... Colby and Bonino will also go if the opportunity is right for them..... As soon as the season is done expect them to leave school.Colby has wanted to leave from the first day he got here. He doesn't really care about BU. He would have left after his freshman year if he got a contract offer. His focus has been the NHL all along but the Aves have not offered to take him out yet.

mookie1995
03-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Colby has wanted to leave from the first day he got here. He doesn't really care about BU. He would have left after his freshman year if he got a contract offer. His focus has been the NHL all along but the Aves have not offered to take him out yet.

while accurate, the tone here is off. "he doesn't really care about BU" means what?!? all (or at least a majority) of these guys at this level on this team are looking at this is a stepping stone to professional hockey. none of them, i hope, have BU hockey as a 'be all, end all' to their life. but when the opportunity comes to move on, they should all jump if it's right for them. sure, we saw Matt and Pete stay - but they had many reasons, finishing things they wanted to accomplish at BU being among them. CCohen has already won a title here, so that's not on any list. i want to believe he cares about his teammates and their overall effort. from my seat i can see him get agitated at the mistakes he makes. i see his excitement at the successes. as long as he is giving what he can to the program while he's here, that's enough.

if warren buffett had called me after my soph yr and offered me a job, i would have left school early too. :D

Federal League
03-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I am a bit concerned as BU tends to overlook merrimack but I think BU will win out. Even though it will likely take three games to do so.

Parker's told us a number of times throughout the second semester that Merrimack is the one team he didn't want to play in the playoffs. If the players overlook the Warriors, it's not because of the coaches.

candycanes99
03-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Parker's told us a number of times throughout the second semester that Merrimack is the one team he didn't want to play in the playoffs. If the players overlook the Warriors, it's not because of the coaches.

As much as I feeling like this is entrusting too much faith in the BU players after some of the traps they've fallen for, I don't think they'll have the same low opinion of a team that made the playoffs and was only 2 (!) points behind them.

quiddlet
03-07-2010, 03:48 PM
This post says nothing

Federal League
03-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Well the BU women's team needed to win Hockey East to make the NCAA tournament... and they DID!

Maybe the men will get the hint...

Dude... you gotta put a spoiler alert on this. I was planning to watch it on tape delay on NESN. Managed to avoid any updates until this. Oh well. At least it's awesome news.

pirate
03-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Dude... you gotta put a spoiler alert on this. I was planning to watch it on tape delay on NESN. Managed to avoid any updates until this. Oh well. At least it's awesome news.

ditto...looked it up on the terriers website earlier and planned to watch it this evening after kids soccer tournament...I don't suppose anybody has the final score of the bball game going on right now? ;)

BU Fan 84
03-07-2010, 05:11 PM

Oh man ... I didn't even know it was a tape delay at 6. Of course, everyone should be watching channel 18 from 5-7....

Terrierbyassociation
03-07-2010, 05:19 PM

I don't think most people knew this was on tape delay.

slurpees
03-07-2010, 05:34 PM
I don't think most people knew this was on tape delay.

i didnt, saw the listing and thought it was live.

anyone not watching, the BU bouncey ball team is leading the conference reg. season champ stony brook at halftime right now by a sizeable margin. Games on TV (I have channel 18 on RCN) worth watching. And it's live too :P