Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    UML over Maine
    MC over BU
    BC over UMass
    UHN over VT

UHN over UML
    BC over MC

BC over UHN
    ******* width="560" height="340">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7pYWvB9fEg&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U7pYWvB9fEg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">

Comment

• Re: The 3rd official 09-10 Maine season thread: Bubble-icious

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

Anyone besides me and Wally concerend about the goaltending yet?
      My concerns are not only with the goaltending but the defense as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
        Tim tried to teach him a lesson in the Union series. He should be embarrassed about that because before this recent meltdown his foolishness was costing his teammates an NCAA bid.

If Darling didn't learn then, maybe this is HIS fault and no one elses?
        i believe he was suspended at least once and maybe twice last year also. Sounds like an extremely immature selfish player to me.e is putting himself before all of his teammates. I put this weekend and the Union weekend squarely on Darlings shoulders. Maybe he should have been let go at the same time as Orsini and belmore.

Comment

Originally posted by BearPaw View Post
          My concerns are not only with the goaltending but the defense as well.
          I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I'll echo the concerns of others:

1. Goaltending - Hard to let in a soft goal or two per game and win.

2. Defense - We do not move the puck quickly and we drop coverage from time to time. This is compounded by the fact that some of our young forwards, though talented, are in fact inexperienced. They, too, lose focus on defense from time to time.

3. Coaching - Tim has not been a stellar recruiter, but an even bigger problem is the lack of competitive fire his teams sometimes display. My apologies to those who are tired of people like me invoking comparisons between Tim and Shawn, but Walsh's teams were characterized by their ability to compete. I mean COMPETE, to be hard-nosed, to be tough to play against. Tim's teams sometimes compete, but sometimes they are average, and sometimes they seem to be on cruise control. In addition, under Tim the team is sometimes tentative; they give the appearance of being afraid to lose, as opposed to fearlessly playing to win. In my opinion, this manifested itself this weekend in slow passing and momentary indecision, especially on the power play.

On the plus side, we have a lot of young players, and it seems that several of them have some promise.

Comment

Originally posted by lilscootch View Post
            i believe he was suspended at least once and maybe twice last year also. Sounds like an extremely immature selfish player to me.e is putting himself before all of his teammates. I put this weekend and the Union weekend squarely on Darlings shoulders. Maybe he should have been let go at the same time as Orsini and belmore.
            Someone said it is an OUI issue. I'd drink as well if Whitehead were my coach.
            When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

Sirman was looking to get pulled during warmups You can't win a game with a guy in net as tentative as he is. Maine tanked the 1st and played ok in the 2nd and 3rd. They can beat Lowell but I doubt they will. Nyquist has some physical issues, never saw him skate full speed, he was knocked off the puck easily, was knocked down easily and just looks beat down. He still scored a beauty but even on that he didn't look good
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Sirman was looking to get pulled during warmups You can't win a game with a guy in net as tentative as he is.
                I'd feel as comfortable with Seeley in there as I do with Sirman. I can't ever recall seeing a goalie pulled as much as this kid 6 starts and he's been pulled in 5 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
                  I'd feel as comfortable with Seeley in there as I do with Sirman. I can't ever recall seeing a goalie pulled as much as this kid 6 starts and he's been pulled in 5 of them.

The kid looked awful this weekend. Wilson should start game 1.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                    The kid looked awful this weekend. Wilson should start game 1.
                    I don't think there is any other choice at this point. You could see that he was scared before the game even started then when he gave up the second goal he was staring at the bench hoping to get pulled because it didn't look like he was going to at first until he kept staring over.

Comment

Is Maine recruiting another goalie for next season?

Comment

Looks like game 1 is on Friday at 7.

http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          UML over Maine
                          MC over BU
                          BC over UMass
                          UHN over VT

UHN over UML
                          BC over MC

BC over UHN
                          UNH would play MC in the semi's given this scenario. Lowell would play BC.
                          Lowell Forever
                          Forever Lowell

Comment

I thought David Wilson played well tonight. He made some good saves. I don't know how the 4th goal went in. He played it well. Allowing 2 goals in a game is usually good enough to get a win, especially with Maine's offense. Maine scored in their 12th consecutive game with at least 1 PP. Dainton was very good tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                              I have never been so discussed with Maine hockey as I am tonight.
                              thought this was funny

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlackBears View Post
                                Is Maine recruiting another goalie for next season?
                                Not sure they were but I'm sure they are now .
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X