This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 3rd official 09-10 Maine season thread: Bubble-icious

Well it's almost 60 outside, it's St Paddy's day. I have no work to do....wait what's that I hear calling?? Ahh yes. Guiness. I'm coming my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by btb91 View Post
      That is sad news, as he has been a great leader for the University. Now, we just need him to take care of some "business" before he steps down.
      He's sorta been clueless and out-of-touch about athletics though.......no?

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
        Well it's almost 60 outside, it's St Paddy's day. I have no work to do....wait what's that I hear calling?? Ahh yes. Guiness. I'm coming my friend.
        That you Scotty?

Comment

Originally posted by DownEastblkbearfan View Post
          That you Scotty?
          I know I shouldn't be laughing.......but I am.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
            You have him confused with Blake.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
              Yes. But in other areas of administration he has been a micro-manager.

Comment

Joey Diamond article.

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/139197.html

Comment

lets phkn go baby! phk them terriers!
                  Buzzy

Comment

Completely non-hockey related, and I posted in a travel-advice thread that most of you probably won't see, but I figure a few might have some advice for me:

I'm shooting a friend's wedding near Rockland (or is it Rockport?) Maine in August (21st) and am looking to finally spend a few days in Acadia National Park (either before or after). Looking for advice on how to best spend a couple of days there, relatively inexpensively. I'd like to at least do some hiking (not too far, yet) and photograph some good scenic stuff...

I've casually begun to browse some websites for some ideas, but if anyone here has spent some time there and has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

(please email me: josh.gibney@gmail.com) thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                      I'm shooting a friend's wedding near Rockland (or is it Rockport?)
                      Could be either, they're 6 miles apart.

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                      ...Maine in August (21st) and am looking to finally spend a few days in Acadia National Park (either before or after). Looking for advice on how to best spend a couple of days there, relatively inexpensively. I'd like to at least do some hiking (not too far, yet) and photograph some good scenic stuff...

I've casually begun to browse some websites for some ideas, but if anyone here has spent some time there and has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

(please email me: josh.gibney@gmail.com) thanks!
                      Just so you know, the part is about a 2 hour drive from Rockland (109 miles per Google). Lots of places to stay on the island and tons of short hikes in the park.
                      You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                      ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                      ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                      ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Sounds like Dimmen may be able to go Friday night. Short part at the end of the Diamond article that was posted. Wally is right, he is huge on the powerplay and the penalty kill. Sure would like to have him in the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                          Sounds like Dimmen may be able to go Friday night. Short part at the end of the Diamond article that was posted. Wally is right, he is huge on the powerplay and the penalty kill. Sure would like to have him in the lineup.
                          Interesting quote, because last Sunday on TV he said he would be ready to play this weekend if they won. Then I thought I saw mid-week somewhere where Whitehead said he most likely won't be in the lineup. Now, Dimmen is saying he can go...not so much that I don't believe the kid, but shouldn't you put more faith in what the coach says, since he decides? The back and forth is interesting...

I'm sure we'll see some conspiracy theories like we did with Darling last week. "Oooo...Whitehead is playing the press game trying to fool Lowell."
                          You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
                          ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
                          ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
                          ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Tim was probably being cautious with his comments, can't blame him. I am sure that if he is able to practice today and shows no obvious limitations, then he will play.

Comment

Just FYI. Anyone looking to stay in Boston Fri night or Sat for that matter. May I suggest Priceline.com We did it last night. And let me tell ya ol Capt Kirk is right. We got a 4 star hotel at a 2 star price. We saved 50% off the advertised price on both Hotels.com and the actual hotel web site. We bid a stupid low number and it got accepted. Just wanted to pass that along.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                                Just FYI. Anyone looking to stay in Boston Fri night or Sat for that matter. May I suggest Priceline.com We did it last night. And let me tell ya ol Capt Kirk is right. We got a 4 star hotel at a 2 star price. We saved 50% off the advertised price on both Hotels.com and the actual hotel web site. We bid a stupid low number and it got accepted. Just wanted to pass that along.
                                I remember staying at the Hotel at MIT for only $25/night. Priceline does work...

INCH's Hobey writeup on Nyquist:

Stats: 37 GP, 18-41—59
                                The Buzz: It’s too bad when people rely strictly on points to make postseason-award judgments, but the nation’s leading point-producer (59 points) on a much-improved Maine team passes the eye test. When he comes over the boards, people notice. Nyquist is one of the most gifted offensive players in the country and he’s consistent. He was held off the scoresheet just six times in 37 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X