No announcement yet.

Is It Time For Cc To Fire Scott Owens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Is It Time For Cc To Fire Scott Owens?

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
    The way I look at it, in the regular season Coach Owens performs anywhere from very good to brilliant. Even if the team peaks early, they still have played good games down the stretch and performed good. Heck, there have been excellent DU teams which CC dismantled.

What Coach Owens does in the postseason is the big disappointment. Choke is not the word I'd use. More like DOA. CC doesn't even show up.

In the postseason, what makes a good coach win? Look around all the conferences and look at the teams that have won it all or came close with paper teams not the greatest and what elements of the coach pushes them over the top?
    Nah good guy deserves another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by acling View Post
      Wow - some girls don't know how to take a compliment.
      My mistake.

Comment

Wait, wait, wait, back up a little bit. There was a sex tape/sex party scandal at CC? How did I not know about this? Is said tape on the internet?
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Wait, wait, wait, back up a little bit. There was a sex tape/sex party scandal at CC? How did I not know about this? Is said tape on the internet?
          http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2008/03...actics-to.html

Comment

I still don't know how I missed that.

I don't think a devil's 3-some is enough to warrant a suspension. That was kinda BS, if you ask me. I bet that chick has racked up an impressive number though, at a 3 per night pace.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I still don't know how I missed that.

I don't think a devil's 3-some is enough to warrant a suspension. That was kinda BS, if you ask me. I bet that chick has racked up an impressive number though, at a 3 per night pace.
              The big problem with the threesome was that one of the people in it was a recruit on visit (a big NCAA no-no) and the other problem was that Patrosso and Lampl held the recruit out of the incident discussion with the school president, which was intepreted by some as lying. Even if they didn't lie, the willful omission was more than enough for a suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                The big problem with the threesome was that one of the people in it was a recruit on visit (a big NCAA no-no)
                Does the NCAA really have rules about recruits being involed in threesomes? Does it have to do with the whole male / female / male thing or just group sex in general?
                Originally posted by vizoroo
                Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                Originally posted by duper
                I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                Originally posted by dggoddard
                Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Does the NCAA really have rules about recruits being involed in threesomes? Does it have to do with the whole male / female / male thing or just group sex in general?
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=1852931

Comment

I was mostly joking. It’s obviously unethical to use sex to sway recruits but I really don’t think that’s what happened here.
                    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.

Comment

I was mostly joking. It’s obviously unethical to use sex to sway recruits but I really don’t think that’s what happened here.
                      What do you think happened?

All I can do is draw conclusions from Cody Lampl's quotes and the long suspension he got. And the conclusions are:

1) He knew better than to allow a recruit to engage in a threesome with him and another girl. This happened after the CU scandal, and he certainly knew it was wrong.

2) He should have been honest with school president in the first meeting when the allegations were being investigated. His omission was glaring.

Lampl used some very poor judgement and got a long punishment for it.

CC handled it very well, as they usually do.

Comment

I honestly never thought I'd ever see Swami discussing threesomes.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

What do you think happened?
                          Well I can't be certain... Group sex isn't something I have any experience with.

I can say this - CC is a small school with a big hockey team. However, I don't think CC really offers an athlete / groupie sort of environment and the fan base doesn't really thrive on student or alumni support. It really is a community thing down here. I promise not to focus on your family though…

I also don't think that team members (students) were involved in a recruiting scandal. That’s absurd…

Actions were certainly questionable but I think this is a case of kids being kids - like that movie "Kids."

As a fan – it’s not something I’m proud of but I’m not really one to judge. We leave that to PU fans.

Comment

Well I can't be certain... Group sex isn't something I have any experience with.

I can say this - CC is a small school with a big hockey team. However, I don't think CC really offers an athlete / groupie sort of environment and the fan base doesn't really thrive on student or alumni support. It really is a community thing down here. I promise not to focus on your family though…

I also don't think that team members (students) were involved in a recruiting scandal. That’s absurd…

Actions were certainly questionable but I think this is a case of kids being kids - like that movie "Kids."

As a fan – it’s not something I’m proud of but I’m not really one to judge. We leave that to PU fans.

I am someone who believes in higher standards of behavior for student athletes, regardless of what school they attend. Had this incident happened at DU, I'd say the exact same thing. By lowering standards and simply using the boys will be boys/kids will be kids/hockey players will be hockey players excuse, we simply enable the downward spiral to keep spinning. The movie "kids" was depicting 14-15 year olds, and we are talking about 18-22 year olds, which is a huge difference. At some point, college students are not "kids" anymore- they are young adults, many of whom are now living on their own, and they need to exercise adult levels of judgment. And this is especially true for D-I athletes, who represent their school on and off the ice, and get lots of advantages that other regular students don't get. Lampl was an upperclassman at the time of the incident, and certainly knew that having a recruit benefit from such a scenario would be a violation of the intent of NCAA legislation to remove sexual situations from recruiting trips of prospective student-athletes, and his judgement skills (both approvals and omissions) made him a correct target of suspension by his school.

This may not be a recruiting "scandal" per say, but as the 2004 CU football full-blown scandal taught us, mixing women and male sports recruiting is not a good thing, despite the long "tradition" of this in many sports. Prospects should be experiencing and picking schools for the right reasons, not for sexual services rendered. All player hosts need to be vigilant about this kind of thing.

As for the "groupie" thing, I am certain that the Tigers have some 'puck bunnies' around the team - all WCHA teams have them. It's the nature of the game - these are confident and successful young male athletes, and it comes with the territory. While CC may not have as many as other WCHA schools due to school size and CC's academic/non-traditional student body, they get 'served' much as other WCHA teams do. Assuming the sexually aggressive behavior of the woman described in the Gazette story is accurate, it's not much of a stretch to suggest that having a women having casual sex with three different hockey players in the same night would likely classify the woman as likely member of the puck bunnie/groupie category.

Comment

I am someone who believes in higher standards of behavior for student athletes
                              I understand that and agree but this is old hat. "Black face" is old hat... March is also old hat... Why can't you leave it?

Also - thanks for the FB feet nonsense... They really do shine…

Do you wanna go to a CC game with me at Magness this year? I really - honestly - do think it could be fun.

Comment

Hello Friends:

We're merely hours away from starting yet ANOTHER mediocre CC Hockey Campaign. I predict a victory tonight over Lethbridge and a loss tomorrow to the Under 18 Team. Right now, most of you still believe Scotty is the man for the job, but by the end of the year, you'll be whistling a different tune.

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!

Comment

Working...
                                X