No announcement yet.

Is It Time For Cc To Fire Scott Owens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is It Time For Cc To Fire Scott Owens?

Yes these are actual players: Scott Winkler and David Civiterese, unlike Scott Owens who is not an actual coach.

Loved the Jim Mora video and the top ten list.

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!

Comment

Originally posted by LackofSuCCess View Post
      Yes these are actual players: Scott Winkler and David Civiterese, unlike Scott Owens who is not an actual coach.

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!
      What are the NCAA rules about student athletes doing advertisements?

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
        there are likely nominal exceptions for school based advertising. What would be the difference between this and a player on a flyer?

Others can't use player imagery, real players, etc.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          there are likely nominal exceptions for school based advertising. What would be the difference between this and a player on a flyer?

Others can't use player imagery, real players, etc.
          I guess I can't recall anything like this actually.

I thought it was ok as long as you couldn't tell who the players are or something like that.

Comment

*****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/TE2q1xdiYtI/AAAAAAAAJS0/LEJ4iop21s8/s1600/CC+TICKETS.jpg******
            Originally posted by thebrain View Post
            Interesting point. It wouldn't surprise me if CC had to pull the ads on several grounds.

Obviously this wasn't an advertisement for a product, but "companies are prohibited from portraying current student-athletes in promoting or endorsing the sale or use of a commercial produce or service. Names, pictures or likenesses of currently eligible NCAA student-athletes, are not permitted unless specifically authorized by the NCAA and appropriate releases have been obtained".

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/...sect3/advstand

You could make a case that the ads are deceptive in that they state that "CC usually beats DU (DU leads all-time series by a huge margin)," "CC has the best fans anywhere" & Minnesota Duluth is a "national power."

* False, unsubstantiated or unwarranted claims for any product or service, or any unauthenticated testimonials.
            * Ambiguous, misleading or deceptive statements
            Last edited by dggoddard; 07-26-2010, 10:42 AM.

Comment

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!
              What's up with the occasional Swedish mixed in there? Was that supposed to be funny?, I don't know, I think Hextal and the boys up in Grand Forks do a better job!!
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                What's up with the occasional Swedish mixed in there? Was that supposed to be funny?, I don't know, I think Hextal and the boys up in Grand Forks do a better job!!
                That goes without saying. The Swedish Chef and Soulpatch McGee, or whatever their names are, can't hold a candle to the Awesomeness that is Hexy & Mario. Unlike their CC brethren, Hexy & Mario understand the rules on advertising and don't blatantly break them.
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  That goes without saying. The Swedish Chef and Soulpatch McGee, or whatever their names are, can't hold a candle to the Awesomeness that is Hexy & Mario. Unlike their CC brethren, Hexy & Mario understand the rules on advertising and don't blatantly break them.
                  As opposed to the rules of hockey, which neither have a solid grasp of.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Wait a year, Lucia will be available and you'll have your old winning ways back.

Comment

• Re: Is It Time For Cc To Fire Scott Owens?

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      As opposed to the rules of hockey, which neither have a solid grasp of.
                      Maybe Aaron Marvin can teach them the rules. Mario tried to learn the rules from Aaron last year but that weenie linesman wouldn't let it happen.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Maybe Aaron Marvin can teach them the rules. Mario tried to learn the rules from Aaron last year but that weenie linesman wouldn't let it happen.
                        Sounds about right. Brett and Mario whine so frequently they should probably be playing ringette.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Just think Kitty fans we're exactly two months away from RPI sweeping CC in the opening series at CSWA. Can't WAIT to hear the same old tired excuses from Scotty after the game.

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!!!

Comment

You really need to ligthen up dude.
                            Originally posted by vizoroo
                            Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                            Originally posted by duper
                            I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                            Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                            Originally posted by dggoddard
                            Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Yawn.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Just think Kitty fans we're exactly two months away from RPI sweeping CC in the opening series at CSWA. Can't WAIT to hear the same old tired excuses from Scotty after the game.

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!!!
                                People like you shouldn't even be a fan. Your just a negative Nancy about everything. It must be tough for you to make it through the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X