No announcement yet.

Is It Time For Cc To Fire Scott Owens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is It Time For Cc To Fire Scott Owens?

Magic 8-ball comes up with variant of Yes every time.

Comment

I love sports fans. The team had a good season. The coach got a better offer and left. He's disloyal. He's a traitor. He's a take the money and run guy. Have a season where you don't meet expectations. His head must be served on a silver platter. Obviously loyalty is a one way street in the world of sports.
      Last edited by davyd83; 05-07-2010, 06:48 PM.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I wish there were a couple games this weekend !!
        ---------------------------
        "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject"--Winston Churchill

Comment

In the summer time I'm guessing SCOTTY is busy thinking of all the reasons/excuses his team won't be making the playoffs this year.
          Here are the top 5:

1) Injuries: Several Tigers are rehabbing currently and there are certainly
          going to be one or two more as the season goes along. This is an
          all-time favorite.

2) League Expansion: I can hear it now, "This is the toughest league in college hockey and we've just made it tougher by adding two excellent programs."

Predicted 2010-2011 record against these opponents (1-3). Predicted Scotty comment [in a slightly confused and surprised tone] "Geeze, well, Bemidji and Omaha are two good teams. We didn't move our feet or pay the price. They were better."

3) Inexperience: "We're young and this is going to be a process." He'll blame another crappy season on being inexperienced.

4) Predicted Scotty comment following loss to MSU @ GLI: "Wow. Can't remember being that disappointed in a team's efforts. Well unless of course I recall the loss to MSU on our home ice during the NCAA a few years ago. Then again, at least we made it to the tournament that year--not likely to happen again under my coaching tenure."

If I'm wrong I'll admit it, but you all KNOW in your "heart of hearts" that we'll hear these and similar half-assed excuses this year. Maybe if his players spent less time partying/carousing and more time on hockey we'd see a change, but don't look for it with this year's captain's selections, which are subpar other than Dineen.

P.S.--Don't forget the 2nd consecutive loss to Air Force at the Cadet Ice Arena.
          FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!

Comment

I don't see how you can even justify this thread. Honestly I know CC is a traditional power in the WCHA, and missing the NCAAs 2 straight years really doesn't change that. Granted they were expected to do well in 08-09 and although your currently rebuilding in a way your still very close. Joe Howe seems to be a pretty good replacement for Bachman, although not the same. Look at Maine, they made a run in the Hockey East tournament this year and resigned Whitehead for another 3 years when pretty much everyone was calling for his head. If CC makes a run at the NCAAs this year there is certainly no reason to fire Owens at all.
            Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Being the only other Tiger fan on this message board in the summer, I feel obligated to point out how this guy is spewing crazy talk and speaks lies.

Scott Owens has put the Tigers in excellent position to make a run this season. First of all, most of the team has been here the entire summer and working out. The new captains have taken their roles seriously and seem to be working the team hard this summer. Lowery is going to be a great captain. The second point I would like to make is that Scott Owens has put together a great schedule this season. I can't wait to watch the Tigers play Michigan State, RPI, Yale, and Huntsville. Strength of schedule is everything when it comes to pairwise rankings and the Tigers are in good shape in that department. Scott Owens, Bonnett, and Lammers have done a great job recruiting in recent years and this summer. The addition of Josh Thorimbert at goaltender fortifies a solid group of incoming freshmen. The young but highly talented bunch coming through CC right now could be as exciting as the seasons we had Marty Sertich and Mark Stuart. Jaden and Rylan Schwartz will be a ton of fun to watch this season.

Scott Owens has done a good job this offseason with building our schedule and recruiting. As far as I'm concerned, this thread is dead.
              Colorado College Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
                Being the only other Tiger fan on this message board in the summer, I feel obligated to point out how this guy is spewing crazy talk and speaks lies.

Scott Owens has put the Tigers in excellent position to make a run this season. First of all, most of the team has been here the entire summer and working out. The new captains have taken their roles seriously and seem to be working the team hard this summer. Lowery is going to be a great captain. The second point I would like to make is that Scott Owens has put together a great schedule this season. I can't wait to watch the Tigers play Michigan State, RPI, Yale, and Huntsville. Strength of schedule is everything when it comes to pairwise rankings and the Tigers are in good shape in that department. Scott Owens, Bonnett, and Lammers have done a great job recruiting in recent years and this summer. The addition of Josh Thorimbert at goaltender fortifies a solid group of incoming freshmen. The young but highly talented bunch coming through CC right now could be as exciting as the seasons we had Marty Sertich and Mark Stuart. Jaden and Rylan Schwartz will be a ton of fun to watch this season.

Scott Owens has done a good job this offseason with building our schedule and recruiting. As far as I'm concerned, this thread is dead.
                Your all beast team is laughable: Nate Prosser? That guy got pushed around so badly on the ice I'm surprised the water pressure in the shower didn't knock him down in the morning.

Pete Geranazzo, Colin Schmidt, Cal Elfring, Eric Rud, Sean Reid, Ryan Reynard all deserve to be ahead of Nate Prosser.

Owens is mediocre!

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!

Comment

Originally posted by LackofSuCCess View Post
                  Your all beast team is laughable: Nate Prosser? That guy got pushed around so badly on the ice I'm surprised the water pressure in the shower didn't knock him down in the morning.

Owens is mediocre!

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!
                  Nate Prosser will probably be playing with the Wild next season. I know the Wild aren't great, but making an NHL roster is something that most defensemen don't do. Here's the link showing the situation.

http://cchockey.freedomblogging.com/...prosser/11663/
                  Colorado College Tigers

Comment

I doubt he'll make it on the Wild Roster. And here, TJ Oshie who IS a bona fide NHL-er shows why in a game dating to several years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pasfffw75GY

Prosser was one of the most overrated/disappointing CC recruits in many years.

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS

Comment

Nate Prosser was in Moorhead, MN yesterday along with Brent Burns for a summer tour with the Wild and was scheduled to also visit Grand Forks. Rumor has it Prosser refused to set foot in Grand Forks without assurances that TJ Oshie was not within the city limits.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

At about the 1:02 mark you'll see Prosser getting owned again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSGnHaU9syI

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!

Comment

In more than 2 months you still haven't been able to come up with a reply to my post? Face it - given that CC has the hardest job in the WCHA based on admissions requirements and cost to walk-on players, his 0.630 winning percentage is outstanding. CC will have an extremely difficult time finding a head coach who can match his success given the challenges they face.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            Nate Prosser was in Moorhead, MN yesterday along with Brent Burns for a summer tour with the Wild and was scheduled to also visit Grand Forks. Rumor has it Prosser refused to set foot in Grand Forks without assurances that TJ Oshie was not within the city limits.
                            he didn't want to get hit by a flying lawn mower, ran over by a drunken driver, or get p!ssed on in the elevator. you can't really blame him for that.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

At about the 1:02 mark you'll see Prosser getting owned again!
                              Hate to break it to you... that's not getting owned AGAIN, its the same hit.

And I agree, I heard it's pretty likely Prosser will at least start the season next year in Houston; maybe he'll end up with the Wild later on in the year, who knows.
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Pete Geranazzo, Colin Schmidt, Cal Elfring, Eric Rud, Sean Reid, Ryan Reynard all deserve to be ahead of Nate Prosser.

Owens is mediocre!

FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!
                                Your an idiot. Most of the players you mention here were recruited by Owens or he at least helped recruit them in some way. Your probably just a bitter DU fan that can't get over the choke job that they displayed at the NCAA tournament this year and you have nothing better to do then make stupid comments about Owens. As Rich said below you have yet to make a suggestion as to who CC should replace him with to make the program better. Until you can man up and do that you should keep your mouth shut.

Comment

Working...
                                X