PDA

View Full Version : Boston University vs Northeastern 3/5 and 6

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

BUT09
03-02-2010, 12:45 PM
I know, right? There are hookers all over the place in Kenmore Square. Who'd ever find them at Ruggles?

Why go all the way to Ruggles? There is a Halfway house that is part Halfway House, part Northeastern dorms (Northeastern owns the building) right around the corner from Matthews.

walrus655321
03-02-2010, 12:45 PM
.. BU fan talking about hookers.. campus.. dorms.. ah the irony.. good times :)

hopefully the hooker is smart enough to not take them to the Copley Marriott....

northeastern
03-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Don't forget about the crack dealers...or as they call them at NU: "Entrepreneurs". :D

you betcha.. forward thinking..
legalize it.. tax it.. & pay off all national debt :)

slurpees
03-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Why go all the way to Ruggles? There is a Halfway house that is part Halfway House, part Northeastern dorms (Northeastern owns the building) right around the corner from Matthews.

isn't that a new england conservatory 'dorm' across the street there? or is that just an old warehouse?

Terrier520
03-02-2010, 12:55 PM
wow, a discussion about hookers.

Let's not let mookie see this thread, shall we? Don't give him any ideas. :p

BUT09
03-02-2010, 01:08 PM
isn't that a new england conservatory 'dorm' across the street there? or is that just an old warehouse?

That is, yes. The halfway house is around the corner, next to the UNOs. Right next door to the BU Theatre. Basically the deal was when Northeastern bought the building that a certain number of the rooms had to stay for the halfway house residents. There was a suicide from there last year where the guy jumped out of the halfway house and hit the BU Theatre's fire escape on his way down. Not pretty.

northeastern
03-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Incidentally.. getting back to hockey, wanted to ask BU fans about your gms at Vermont.. that first gm.. was Millan just bad or was it defensive breakdown all over?

I know in our series with Vermont up there... eerily similar.. we played a close gm & eeked out a 'W', but got blasted night two. Rawlings had a lousy gm, was pulled.. but rest of the club played pretty lackluster as well.

Your second gm (up there) & our first Vermont gm (there), very similar. With us, they had Milo too back then. Good or bad, he lit it up twice in gm 2 & was quite effective gm 1.

BUT09
03-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Incidentally.. getting back to hockey, wanted to ask BU fans about your gms at Vermont.. that first gm.. was Millan just bad or was it defensive breakdown all over?

I didn't watch, but from the radio and what I heard, he wasn't stellar but he wasn't bad, either. The defense sounded pretty atrocious.

Terrierbyassociation
03-02-2010, 01:24 PM
I didn't watch, but from the radio and what I heard, he wasn't stellar but he wasn't bad, either. The defense sounded pretty atrocious.

The defense was terrible. He was leaving rebounds on initial, second shots, and the defense basically stood around with a thumb up their butt.*

*Yes I know, this took place in Vermont. :D

Chickens@NU
03-02-2010, 02:34 PM
The defense was terrible. He was leaving rebounds on initial, second shots, and basically stood around with a thumb up their butt.*

*Yes I know, this took place in Vermont. :D

That's what your mom did in Vermont.

SPIN CONTROL
03-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Don't forget about the crack dealers...or as they call them at NU: "Entrepreneurs". :D

Please. If I wanted crack I'd go up to Lowell. :p

TommyNoblesIsLife
03-02-2010, 03:34 PM

Co-op?

Please. If I wanted crack I'd go up to Lowell. :p

Merrimack Valley FTW. Paging Federal League

Scarlet
03-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Incidentally.. getting back to hockey,

Um, hi. None of that allowed here. Didn't you get the memo? Sheesh.

Federal League
03-02-2010, 04:11 PM

Rebound control's never been a strength for Millan, but it was worse than usual Friday night. He wasn't the biggest problem, though. The defense was leaving guys wide open on the doorstep and not clearing guys away from the front. Both Millan and the defense were better Sunday, except on the PK. UVM got one PP goal when Millan was screened by his own defender and another when no one picked a guy up out of the corner.

Merrimack Valley FTW. Paging Federal League

I've never denied that Lowell's a dump. I won't even try and defend the "All-America City". How it ever earned that distinction to begin with is beyond me. However, Lowell did produce Micky Ward, who is pretty much the man.

Gainzo
03-02-2010, 04:19 PM
I've never denied that Lowell's a dump. I won't even try and defend the "All-America City". How it ever earned that distinction to begin with is beyond me. However, Lowell did produce Micky Ward, who is pretty much the man.

Cant wait for the Micky Ward movie to hit theaters this summer.

Lowell has come a long way in the last 20 years.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/1021/box_g_ward_300.jpg

Agganis
03-02-2010, 04:21 PM

One goal was a breakaway where Kieran came to the top of the crease and the shot hit inside post and landed in the middle of the crease, Kieran didn't turn around quickly enough and the forward followed his shot and won the race to the puck and had an easy tip in. Not #31's fault, but a goal the top goalies need to stop.

Another goal was a shot from the point that hit #12 between the knee pad and shin pad and he was down for the count. The puck bounced to a UVM player and the UVM center made a quick move to the net since the man covering him was rolling in pain and no defender got to him before he roofed it from close range. Not #31's fault, or anyone's for that matter, just bad luck and a good job by UVM capitalizing.

The final goal Kieran let in was at the far end from my seats but seemed to be a weak goal to allow on a less than surprising wrap around move.

The other two he let in were variations of the defenders getting beat to rebounds mentioned before.

Gainzo
03-02-2010, 04:27 PM
One goal was a breakaway where Kieran came to the top of the crease and the shot hit inside post and landed in the middle of the crease, Kieran didn't turn around quickly enough and the forward followed his shot and won the race to the puck and had an easy tip in. Not #31's fault, but a goal the top goalies need to stop.

Another goal was a shot from the point that hit #12 between the knee pad and shin pad and he was down for the count. The puck bounced to a UVM player and the UVM center made a quick move to the net since the man covering him was rolling in pain and no defender got to him before he roofed it from close range. Not #31's fault, or anyone's for that matter, just bad luck and a good job by UVM capitalizing.

The final goal Kieran let in was at the far end from my seats but seemed to be a weak goal to allow on a less than surprising wrap around move.

The other two he let in were variations of the defenders getting beat to rebounds mentioned before.

Hello excuses!

Agganis
03-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Hello excuses!

:rolleyes:

Gainzo
03-02-2010, 04:40 PM
:rolleyes:

Carter Hutton > Kieran Millan.

I guess nothing is Kieran's fault :rolleyes:

BUT09
03-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Epic fail email heading from Agganis Arena today:

"Terrier Men's Ice Hockey vs. Providence this Saturday - Senior Night"

So if some fans miss Friday and show up Saturday instead (confused about the opponent), maybe we know why. :rolleyes: