UVM at Lowell 3/5 & 3/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UVM at Lowell 3/5 & 3/6

It all comes down to this. For UVM it is making the playoffs, for Lowell it is the chance to get home ice.
    Let's go Lowell.

Re: UVM at Lowell 3/5 & 3/6

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
    It all comes down to this. For UVM it is making the playoffs, for Lowell it is the chance to get home ice.
    UVM can also get home ice though its less likely... I know they have a breaker on BU... I don't know about NU... they could control their own destiny as well.

Lowell can finish as high as 3rd and as low as 9th.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I'll be severely disappointed if this doesn't turn into a pointless flame fest.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

For all the talk between certain members of each team's fans ... we come down to the end of the season where UVM needs to get points to make sure they make the playoffs. And Lowell has a good chance to not only make sure they make the playoffs but get home ice.

As I said already ... I've been thinking BU/Lowell for a bit for the playoffs ... the question is where.

Seniors ... you've wanted to leave a legacy. It starts NOW.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          I'll be severely disappointed if this doesn't turn into a pointless flame fest.
          It'll have a point, our entertainment
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

UVM has tiebreakers over both BU and NU, so like UML, I believe they control their own destiny as far as home ice goes. Both teams could also miss the playoffs. Should be a great series, UVM has been playing well since the Milo dismissal and it UML seems to have been playing better of late.

Comment

Big series for about half of the league, I know I'll be watching this one just as closely as the nu bu series. Good god these standings are tight.
              Arenas Attended
              Matthews Arena
              Agganis Arena
              Tsongas Arena
              Lawler Arena
              Schneider Arena
              Mullins Center
              TD Banknorth Garden
              Conte Forum
              Whittemore Center
              Gutterson Fieldhouse
              Alfond Arena
              Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
                Big series for about half of the league, I know I'll be watching this one just as closely as the nu bu series. Good god these standings are tight.
                I think Maine taking 2 points Friday will make a lot of people feel a lot better.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  As I said already ... I've been thinking BU/Lowell for a bit for the playoffs ... the question is where.
                  Just to throw a fly in the ointment, a win by NU on either Friday or Saturday and they win the tiebreaker against BU. NU beat BU 1-0 earlier this year.

The possibilities are endless, we could be anywhere in four states for the playoffs, including home sweet home. Hell, we can still play Merrimack if the cards fall right.

While the playoffs technically start in two weeks, this is effectively a defacto preliminary round for HE.

There's really no in-depth thought to the weekend's games, win both and you're in.
                  - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                    Just to throw a fly in the ointment, a win by NU on either Friday or Saturday and they win the tiebreaker against BU. NU beat BU 1-0 earlier this year.

The possibilities are endless, we could be anywhere in four states for the playoffs, including home sweet home. Hell, we can still play Merrimack if the cards fall right.

While the playoffs technically start in two weeks, this is effectively a defacto preliminary round for HE.

There's really no in-depth thought to the weekend's games, win both and you're in.
                    Three points for Lowell I think will give Lowell home-ice. I think BU and NU will split.

As Patman said ... this is senior week. I'd like to see these guys have the weekends of their lives (prior to the following two weekends of course).
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Three points for Lowell I think will give Lowell home-ice. I think BU and NU will split. As Patman said ... this is senior week. I'd like to see these guys have the weekends of their lives (prior to the following two weekends of course).
                      Currently, it is three points for Lowell only if BU loses or ties one of the two games, otherwise they need all four because of the tiebreaker. Someone can check me with the math but I agree that BU and NU will split.

Agree with the last part, if the boys have fun and play to the level they are capable, we are going to have a good weekend. Home crowds of under 5000 for either game would be a disappointment considering what's on the line. Plan to get out early on Friday.
                      - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                        Agree with the last part, if the boys have fun and play to the level they are capable, we are going to have a good weekend. Home crowds of under 5000 for either game would be a disappointment considering what's on the line. Plan to get out early on Friday.
                        UVM had the pressure of playing well vs. BU or risk sitting at home and pretty much calling it a season. They appeared to have some fun and played to the level they are capable of. Now it is UML's turn to pick it up a notch after that tie with PC.

Since UVM now has home ice within reach, I expect them to give UML a real test to try and get that home ice for themselves. These should be 2 real good, intense games with lots of ramifications for both teams. Agreed, if the crowds are under 5000 for either game, it will be disappointing.
                        Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          UVM can also get home ice though its less likely... I know they have a breaker on BU... I don't know about NU... they could control their own destiny as well.

Lowell can finish as high as 3rd and as low as 9th.
                          UML has the tie breaker against NU. The only way bu or NU gets home ice instead of UVM or UMl is if either one sweeps next weekend and the UVM/UML weekend is a split.
                          Go Huskies!!!!

Real men play Ice Hockey and Football, little boys play the rest of the sports.

Comment

Lost in all this talk is the fact that the other "UMass" has to travel to Maine for two and is in real danger of not making the playoffs because of the way Maine is playing. I predict one of us is playing in 11 days and one of us ends their season this weekend. I don't see Merrimack losing two to Providence.

Comment

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
                              Lost in all this talk is the fact that the other "UMass" has to travel to Maine for two and is in real danger of not making the playoffs because of the way Maine is playing. I predict one of us is playing in 11 days and one of us ends their season this weekend. I don't see Merrimack losing two to Providence.
                              Not really lost in all the talks since this is a UVM/UML thread. the NU/BU series has a lot involved with this because one of these 4 (most likely) will wind up with home ice. UMass is done (though I wouldn't mind a Lowell sweep and a UMass sweep because then we'd be in 3rd). But let's not get greedy...

Comment

Working...
                              X