Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UVM at Lowell 3/5 & 3/6

Originally posted by UML View Post
    on a serious note. if any of the uvm fans are coming down for the games this weekend
    I see that they have already started the long trek down.....

*****http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/birmmail/apr2008/5/0/37C30B66-D1B7-C600-8A592CDB8C315F47.jpg******
    Fighting the good fight

Comment

Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
      I see that they have already started the long trek down.....

*****http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/birmmail/apr2008/5/0/37C30B66-D1B7-C600-8A592CDB8C315F47.jpg******
      that's original

Comment

Originally posted by GuttCheck View Post
        that's original
        but never gets old

Comment

This stuff about making the Frozen Four not mattering makes me laugh. Yeah, thats not even worth mentioning at all.

If you're a BU or BC fan and want to say you've won a bunch of national championships and we have none, fine, point goes to you, but beyond that please don't say idiotic things like two fairly recent Frozen Four appearances are meaningless. It ain't a national championship, but it is a notable milestone for ANY program, and any knowlegable college hockey fan would agree. (And the thing about beating Air Force and Yale is ridiculous. If you are a Lowell fan, when you "back into a Frozen Four" by beating sub par opponents like that you just let us know, ok? Because your accomplishments to date are all well below that level.)

Thats the thing that I love about Sneddon and that always killed me about Gilligan....Sneddon knows that success in HE is very important as a means to an end....to make the national tourney and compete for a national championship. We aren't at that level yet to be doing it regularly, but that is the goal that Sneddon is clearly shooting for, and he sets team goals accordingly. Gilligan was always saying "Let's have a great year and win the ECAC." Personally, I don't give a crap about winning HE other than that it means we've had a great season and we're going to the big dance. If my choices are win HE and get eliminated in NCAA round one, or come in fourth in HE and make a Frozen Four run, I take the latter every time. That's the way college athletics works...the last tourney is the most important.

Which brings me to this weekend. Lowell is a great team this year, I like the way they play a lot, they've underachieved and they give us problems on a consistent basis. Given that, and given the nonsense talked by a handful of numbskull Lowell fans on this site, I find it only fitting that they are what stands between us and both HE and NCAA success this year. A true test from a good team with annoying fans makes this weekend a lot of fun for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            I guess it's a good thing you live there and don't have to stay at one......

Didn't you say if any UVM fans wanted to speak with you , you would be the loud one?? How about letting us all know which seat you are sitting in, maybe post a picture so there won't be any confusion ??
            I'm not going to speak for my fellow Lowell fans but you and any other UVM fans are more than welcome to stop by Section A, Row 17 this weekend (on the aisle next to Section B).

I'll be the guy with the red Lowell Hockey hat and River Hawks scarf.

I'll even allow you Catamount fans to buy me a beer
            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

You UML fans just crack me up.....

UML fans : UVM (insert wise crack about farm animals )

Me : Just worry about making the playoffs

UML fan : you should too. ( elementary school here ???)

Me : I am which is why I'm not making stupid remarks

UML fans : UVM fans are special and too stupid to make stupid remarks and worry about making the playoffs at the same time.

Seriously, is UML just a fifth year in high school for those that were too immature not to go to real college?

And really , is the picture of the elephants going to be posted every single thread this year?? I mean come on, at least find a new picture......Its like you guys aren't even trying, much like your hockey team.

WHich, brings me to my final point. UML isn't a great team. They have a lot of talent and high expectations but they are a single point above UVM which has played like crap for a lot of the year. They are an above average team, much like UVM, BU, NU, etc but they are no BC, UNH, DU, etc.
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                I'm not going to speak for my fellow Lowell fans but you and any other UVM fans are more than welcome to stop by Section A, Row 17 this weekend (on the aisle next to Section B).

I'll be the guy with the red Lowell Hockey hat and River Hawks scarf.

I'll even allow you Catamount fans to buy me a beer
                Cheap SOB, buy your own freaking beer.

And wear a pink flower in your hair so I know which fool wearing river hawks attire I am looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                  i'm gonna go ahead and bet you haven't been to a game at the mack in the past few months. they've done a much better job at getting people into the rink to watch a historically awful team when there's so much more to do in northern massachusetts than there is in northern vermont.

p.s. the gutt is also a rathole and i much prefer watching a game at the mack.
                  And we prefer that you do that too...

Comment

UML fans : UVM fans are special and too stupid to make stupid remarks
                    don't misquote us. you're obviously just stupid enough to make stupid remarks

Comment

UML isn't a great team. They have a lot of talent and high expectations but they are a single point above UVM which has played like crap for a lot of the year. They are an above average team, much like UVM, BU, NU, etc but they are no BC, UNH, DU, etc.
                      Lowell was 2-1 against BC and 1-1-1 against UNH this season. Lowell has played like crap as well.

That was a genuine offer on my last post. I sit in front of the opposing teams radio crew. I'm pretty easy to find even without a pink flower.
                      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                        Lowell was 2-1 against BC and 1-1-1 against UNH this season. Lowell has played like crap as well.

That was a genuine offer on my last post. I sit in front of the opposing teams radio crew. I'm pretty easy to find even without a pink flower.
                        I've seen you before! You're pretty intense at the games.

BTW... who's that fat asshat that sits with you some games? That guy is an embarrassment to fans everywhere. I certainly hope he isnt related to you and is some form of community service for you.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                          on a serious note. if any of the uvm fans are coming down for the games this weekend you might have to leave your girlfriends at home. I checked the area hotels for you guys and they have some rooms available but they have a strict policy against farm animals staying in the rooms.

this may be why some people in your state are referred to as M*******s?

Comment

There's a few things I disagree with in this post:
                            Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post
                            Personally, I don't give a crap about winning HE other than that it means we've had a great season and we're going to the big dance.
                            Really? Seriously? You don't give a crap about winning Hockey East??
                            If my choices are win HE and get eliminated in NCAA round one, or come in fourth in HE and make a Frozen Four run, I take the latter every time.
                            So...

Option A: Win the Hockey East Championship, eliminated in 1st round of national tournament.

Option B: Lose in semifinal of Hockey East and lose in semifinal of NCAAs.

You would choose the first one? No one gives a crap when you lose in the national tournament unless you don't lose.

I'll give you a perfect example. I'm a big, big fan of BC women's hockey. My freshman year we made a great run to the Frozen Four. It was, for a team that had never before made the national tournament, a great accomplishment. However, over my 4 years of following BCWH, we never won the conference championship (in fact, UNH won the first three and are a favorite to win it again this year). I would have done anything just to see us lift that trophy. It was crushing last year to lose in the final. I would have traded our NCAA "semifinalist" trophy sitting in our trophy case for the Hockey East trophy in a heartbeat.

It's not even a question. I can't describe how badly I wanted my team to win something of consequence. Frozen Four was a great achievement for a team that had never before made such a run. But being the *best* in some meaningful way would top having a 'good run,' without question.
                            I like the way [UML] play[s] a lot
                            Really? Oh my God, I would rather claw my eyes out than watch another game involving UML. What a horrifyingly boring hockey team. Not that they aren't good, it's just their style is just awful to watch.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

If you are a Lowell fan, when you "back into a Frozen Four" by beating sub par opponents like that you just let us know, ok? Because your accomplishments to date are all well below that level.)
                              Granted it was DII, but Lowell won 3 National Championships in hockey, which is 3 more National Championships than UVM has won in hockey, even during their DII days.

As for all those accomplishments to date, Vermont has made it to the NCAA tourney exactly 1 more time than Lowell has, despite being a DI program 10 years longer than Lowell.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                                don't misquote us. you're obviously just stupid enough to make stupid remarks
                                I'm just stupid enough to make a stupid remark.

Is that kind of like finding your keys in the last place you looked.??

Or is it actually a compliment ? I'm not super stupid....just a little stupid???

Gainzo,

UVM was also 2-1 against BC, but they are clearly a better team. They have been consistent and that is part of being one of the better teams. UVM and UML has not, and so they are a step below. That said, either team, heck any team in HE can play well and beat the other team on any given weekend.

Just wear the pink flower unless you are that insecure.

Comment

Working...
                                X