PDA

View Full Version : Hobart Netminder Takes Bait Blows Semi Game

ECACST
02-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Hobart was winning the battles on the Ice for the first 30 minutes up 2-0 it looked quite promising. In fact you would think they had Mvilles number and it would quite the happy bus ride home.
Manhattanville began to work on Broadwater even before they began to work on the ice. In every stoppage of play brought extra bumps in his crease. Even stoppages far from the goal brought bumps and verbage to Broadwater.
A time out occured midway through the second and you would have thought Hobart would have spoken to their talented netminder. You would have thought that Hobarts D would have run some interference so this kid could focus on pucks. The psychological warfare continues and the kid looses focus and before you could get coffee Manhattanville was tied ahead and Broadwater is sitting in the penatly box 10 minutes. You could see this coming from a mile away!!

bakdraft21
02-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Hobart was winning the battles on the Ice for the first 30 minutes up 2-0 it looked quite promising. In fact you would think they had Mvilles number and it would quite the happy bus ride home.
Manhattanville began to work on Broadwater even before they began to work on the ice. In every stoppage of play brought extra bumps in his crease. Even stoppages far from the goal brought bumps and verbage to Broadwater.
A time out occured midway through the second and you would have thought Hobart would have spoken to their talented netminder. You would have thought that Hobarts D would have run some interference so this kid could focus on pucks. The psychological warfare continues and the kid looses focus and before you could get coffee Manhattanville was tied ahead and Broadwater is sitting in the penatly box 10 minutes. You could see this coming from a mile away!!
old time hockey

jconnor
02-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Every player has to adapt to the situation. M'Ville are know for their cheap shots whether physical or verbal. Don't worry, EC will put them in their place this coming weekend;)

hockeyfan77
02-28-2010, 03:00 PM

Well IMO, the only way to stop what M Ville was doing would be to run the M Ville net minder...That's old time hockey...

valliant defender
02-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Rather be 'known' for cheap shots and old time hockey than whinning .

hockeyfan77
02-28-2010, 04:37 PM

I have no interest in either Hobart or MVille...I was just saying what I would do if I team was running my goalie...

valliant defender
02-28-2010, 04:44 PM
My 'whinning' comment was directed at all the EC supporters who see their team as the only victim of bad calls and cheap shots .

hockeyfan77
02-28-2010, 04:46 PM
My 'whinning' comment was directed at all the EC supporters who see their team as the only victim of bad calls and cheap shots .

Ah, I see...Misunderstood that one...

bakdraft21
02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Well IMO, the only way to stop what M Ville was doing would be to run the M Ville net minder...That's old time hockey...

also called winning ugly.......should be a great match.....go eagles.........

jconnor
03-01-2010, 10:28 AM

There is a difference between "Old Time Hockey" and "Cheap shots' Perhaps you're too young to know what real "Old Time Hockey" was;)

valliant defender
03-01-2010, 11:13 AM
I know the difference between old time hockey and cheapshots,just have a perference for being 'known ' for them rather than whinning.

jconnor
03-01-2010, 02:12 PM
I know the difference between old time hockey and cheapshots,just have a perference for being 'known ' for them rather than whinning.

I guess when a team isn't good enough to win by PLAYING the game, Cheap shots is their only alternative.
I guess as the saying goes, " A win is a win";)