PDA

View Full Version : St. Cloud State vs. Mankato: Watch Your Head!!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

willythekid
03-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Don't shoot the messenger... I just thought I would pass the news along.

Marvin suspended 3 games.
http://www.wcha.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/030110aaa.html

too little, too late.... the Sioux aren't done with marvin yet

UND85
03-01-2010, 02:02 PM
For those that don't want to follow another link here is the release from the WCHA

MADISON, Wis. – The Western Collegiate Hockey Association today (March 1) announced it has suspended St. Cloud State University junior hockey player Aaron Marvin for the next three games as a result of his actions in a recent game played at the University of Wisconsin on February 20.

The supplemental disciplinary action was taken after discussions between officials at St. Cloud State University and the WCHA Executive Committee and Commissioner Bruce M. McLeod.

“Player safety is of paramount concern to all of us in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association and players are responsible for conducting themselves in a proper manner,” said Nancy Sampson, Faculty Representative from the University of Denver and Chair of the Association and Commissioner McLeod in a joint statement. “Our student-athletes need to make every possible effort to play within the spirit of the rules and know that they will be held accountable for their actions.

“The Association, through its administrators and officials and member team administrators, coaches and student-athletes, will continue to work together to address concerns in a responsible and constructive way.”

– WCHA –

The Vicar
03-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Mcleod, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!

Husky4Life
03-01-2010, 02:13 PM
What a joke.

Skeeterman
03-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Mcleod, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!

They just admitted their officials are idiots for not even calling a penalty on this hit. So, it wasn't a penalty, but it deserved a 3 game suspension?

So, what happens next time a team gets screwed on a goal that costs them a game? Nothing, except maybe an apology letter.

Husky4Life
03-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Well adversity can either kill you or make you stronger.

I hope this ****es the guys off and they come out with their nuts on fire!

Suze
03-01-2010, 02:23 PM
They just admitted their officials are idiots for not even calling a penalty on this hit. So, it wasn't a penalty, but it deserved a 3 game suspension?

So, what happens next time a team gets screwed on a goal that costs them a game? Nothing, except maybe an apology letter.

Exactly, when will the league wake up? We have the best league in the nation, yet the refs are sub par. Sad.

MavHockey14
03-01-2010, 02:23 PM

This happens in all sports, including the NFL and NHL, etc, it happens..I think a suspension was fitting, as now I would think he'll learn his lesson.:)

This in no way defend our awful officiating in the WCHA though. That's a huge problem.

The winner friday night will win saturday's night.

ScoobyDoo
03-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Marvin was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The league got blasted for giving him only a game for the Genoway hit and Marvin opened the door for him.

Not only that but there have been some pretty excruciating (legal for the most part) hits to the head, but a hit to the head is supposed to be a penalty.

No surprise this came down.

Pump It Up
03-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Mankato's captain gets a one week reprieve.

Suze
03-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Marvin was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The league got blasted for giving him only a game for the Genoway hit and Marvin opened the door for him.

Not only that but there have been some pretty excruciating (legal for the most part) hits to the head, but a hit to the head is supposed to be a penalty.

No surprise this came down.

I understand the reasoning behind the crack down on hits to the head, concussions are becoming commonplace. However, I think they have overdone it. A 6' 2" guy can no longer check a 5" 8" player without a penalty being called, because it is generally going to include the small players head in some way.

Skeeterman
03-01-2010, 02:30 PM
3 games for something that wasn't even a penalty. Over the top.

ScoobyDoo
03-01-2010, 02:31 PM
I understand the reasoning behind the crack down on hits to the head, concussions are becoming commonplace. However, I think they have overdone it. A 6' 2" guy can no longer check a 5" 8" player without a penalty being called, because it is generally going to include the small players head in some way.

That is the other side of the argument. However, we used to call these things hip checks for a reason. Now it's full speed with the shoulder. Hip, safe - shoulder, possibly fraught with peril.

Suze
03-01-2010, 02:32 PM
3 games for something that wasn't even a penalty. Over the top.

I am sure it was a decision based on Marvins past actions as well, even though the article didn't say it. Just like when you have more than one game DQ, it is cumulative. Just my two cents. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

motox
03-01-2010, 02:32 PM

Seriously?? Do you feel better after posting that? What are they going to do, send bad boy Lammy after him again? :rolleyes:

The hit on Genoway warranted a 3 game suspension, this is BS. Complete make up for their inadequacies from earlier in the year. Not okay, especially right at playoff time. What a joke.

Husky4Life
03-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Seriously?? Do you feel better after posting that? What are they going to do, send bad boy Lammy after him again? :rolleyes:

The hit on Genoway warranted a 3 game suspension, this is BS. Complete make up for their inadequacies from earlier in the year. Not okay, especially right at playoff time. What a joke.

You sir just hit the nail on the head!

Dirty
03-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Mankato's captain gets a one week reprieve.

Irwin better watch out next Saturday, Marvin will probably try to shank him. Or Marvin will just borrow Gigi's medal and "accidentally" smack Irwin over the head with it.

Dude Love
03-01-2010, 02:48 PM

A shame...because I think the Huskies are done with the Sioux.

The Vicar
03-01-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm dead serious about this: If I were Marvin I'd get a court injunction, this is totally amatuer on the part of the WCHA. If I were the Pres. of the University I would not take this laying down. Kurtz show some spine and stick up for your team!

willythekid
03-01-2010, 02:51 PM

Feel better? not really, just saying what I feel to be the case. I think whenever North Dakota plays st. cloud in the future he better keep his head up because he has a target on him now, and not just from the Sioux. And what a surprise that all of the st. cloud fans are pi s s ing and moaning about a suspension for a 2nd illegal hit to the head that injured another player:rolleyes:

oh, and about the Lammy comment... maybe if marvin wouldn't have skated away and hid behind the refs this situation would have had some resolution.