PDA

View Full Version : Gophers-Badgers: Not Good Enough for Mariucci

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Bakunin
02-27-2010, 11:23 PM
I don't know what is worse: the fact that MN is guaranteed to go on the road in the first round or the fact that this series isn't Friday-Saturday thanks to the U booking something else at Mariucci.

Friday's game will be at Target Center, and the second game won't take place until Sunday.

What we know is this: UW can't win the league title (DU clinched). All that's left to play for is the 2nd seed. MN cannot get home ice - all they have to play for is the 6th seed - which is pretty much meaningless. Either way, they will be traveling to Duluth or Grand Forks in a couple weeks.

As for game-related/outcome-related commentary, I'll say this: if UW scores first, they win. MN basically gives up / deflates after they give up a goal and fall behind.

One last thing: * wisconsin.

The Rube
02-27-2010, 11:25 PM
One last thing: * wisconsin.

WeWantMore
02-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Ooh boy this is going to be fun. Did I see correctly that the game on Friday is only shown on TV on tape delay? Bumped for women's basketball?

thebrain
02-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Target Center? That's still around?

thebrain
02-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Ooh boy this is going to be fun. Did I see correctly that the game on Friday is only shown on TV on tape delay? Bumped for women's basketball?
http://www.bigtennetwork.com/corporate/2009-10-Hockey-on-the-Big-Ten-Network.asp

Friday, March 5 Wisconsin at Minnesota 8 PM ET Delay at 11 PM ET

Bakunin
02-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Friday, March 5 Wisconsin at Minnesota 8 PM ET Delay at 11 PM ET
So the series is bumped for synchronized skating, and the coverage is bumped for women's basketball. What a *'ing abortion.

The Rube
02-27-2010, 11:40 PM
I think for once I'm happy that I won't be able to see these games.

VarsityWisconsin
02-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Target Center? That's still around?

Yeah there's a team called the Timberwolves that play there. Their best player is in Spain. :)

VarsityWisconsin
02-27-2010, 11:43 PM
So the series is bumped for synchronized skating, and the coverage is bumped for women's basketball. What a *'ing abortion.

At least the game will be in HD. I'd rather see the game in a delay on HD than live SD.

thebrain
02-27-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah there's a team called the Timberwolves that play there. Their best player is in Spain. :)

The Timberwolves are still around?? :confused:

I thought the Arena Football League was done...

Bakunin
02-27-2010, 11:47 PM
I think for once I'm happy that I won't be able to see these games.
Why not?

I won't see Friday's because I will be working by the time the * thing comes on. If Sunday's is an afternoon game, I won't see that either because I need to sleep.

I've messed with my sleep pattern enough this weekend to accommodate the idiotic Olympic hockey schedule - I am not doing it again.

VarsityWisconsin
02-27-2010, 11:49 PM
The Timberwolves are still around?? :confused:

I thought the Arena Football League was done...

Yeah they have a very nice front court in Kevin Love and Al Jefferson. They also have a good point guard in Johnny Flynn. All are nice young players and they should start contending in about 2 years when Rubio comes over from Spain. You want anymore analysis on your home NBA team? I can provide it if you'd like.. :D

thebrain
02-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Yeah they have a very nice front court in Kevin Love and Al Jefferson. They also have a good point guard in Johnny Flynn. All are nice young players and they should start contending in about 2 years when Rubio comes over from Spain. You want anymore analysis on your home NBA team? I can provide it if you'd like.. :D

I thought they moved to L.A.

Edit...

You're right...They are still in Minnesota...

I remember sitting on the floor, with a sold out arena, against the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals....How they have fallen....

The Rube
02-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Why not?

I won't see Friday's because I will be working by the time the * thing comes on. If Sunday's is an afternoon game, I won't see that either because I need to sleep.

I've messed with my sleep pattern enough this weekend to accommodate the idiotic Olympic hockey schedule - I am not doing it again.

I'm headed north to see a more pathetic team. :o

VarsityWisconsin
02-27-2010, 11:57 PM
I thought they moved to L.A.

Edit...

You're right...They are still in Minnesota...

I remember sitting on the floor, with a sold out arena, against the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals....How they have fallen....

The Lakers did move to LA from Minneapolis some 60 years ago. How old are you? :D

thebrain
02-27-2010, 11:59 PM

Tech?!?

Bakunin
02-27-2010, 11:59 PM
So Tech has become your version of UMD. Cripes, if you end up dating a chick from there, you'll end up selling out and becoming a Tech fan like a certain midget became a UMD fan.

Don't let the door hit your *** too hard on the way out of our fanbase. :p

thebrain
02-28-2010, 12:00 AM
The Lakers did move to LA from Minneapolis some 60 years ago. How old are you? :D

Oh yeah...You kind of forget the Wolves are still in Minnesota...I guess I was thinking of the L.A. Vikings... :D

VarsityWisconsin
02-28-2010, 12:03 AM
So for all of you PWR nerds out there... Is there a way we can pass up Miami if we sweep this weekend? It looks like their regular season is over so perhaps some ground could be made up by improving our TUC record?

EDIT: It looks like Minnesota might not even be a TUC if we sweep them. Hmmm.

VarsityWisconsin
02-28-2010, 12:04 AM
Oh yeah...You kind of forget the Wolves are still in Minnesota...I guess I was thinking of the L.A. Vikings... :D

You mean the team that choked in the NFC title game and made my NFL season? Oh yeah... that team. :D