No announcement yet.

MacNaughton cup champions vs. the team from the Cleveland Steamer World Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacNaughton cup champions vs. the team from the Cleveland Steamer World Arena

If Denver gets 2 points they win the gold pan CC needs 3 to retain the pan
    I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Re: MacNaughton cup champions vs. the team from the Cleveland Steamer World Arena

CC looked like a 500 team tonight with very little heart. 2 points against this team will be easy. There couldn't have been more than 5500 people there tonight and 1500 of them were wearing green. They still have seats for next Saturday. Their fans have already given up. I doubt anyone other then Tig will show up on this thread.
    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Re: MacNaughton cup champions vs. the team from the Cleveland Steamer World Arena

I just hope the Tigers don't embarrass themselves too much against this loaded Denver team.

Yet another late season collapse...
      Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
      -dggoddard

Comment

Panning works, but the sluice box is for the gold-greedy heavyweighters.

*****http://s1.hubimg.com/u/1381928_f520.jpg******
        'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
          CC looked like a 500 team tonight with very little heart. 2 points against this team will be easy. There couldn't have been more than 5500 people there tonight and 1500 of them were wearing green. They still have seats for next Saturday. Their fans have already given up. I doubt anyone other then Tig will show up on this thread.
          CC fans at the games have been awful this season. I've missed a couple games over the past 6 seasons and I've been going to CC games for about 10 years now. The college section has been dead since we played DU...the fans in the crowd would rather scream "SHOOT!" than start any kind of positive chant. It's been a long season listening to some of these fans. On the other hand, all of this will change on Saturday night. The last home game of the season will bring out all the diehard fans and the World Arena will be a fun place to be.

Win or lose, it's been a better season that what we expected. Nothing would be better than upset DU and march into the playoffs with momentom. As Duluth proved last year, the 6th seed can be dangerous.

GO TIGERS!
          Colorado College Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post

Win or lose, it's been a better season that what we expected. Nothing would be better than upset DU and march into the playoffs with momentom. As Duluth proved last year, the 6th seed can be dangerous.

GO TIGERS!
            Would you agree that the start was better than expected, but the finish kind of evened things out?

Just didn't see a lot of emotion out there tonight. Gold Pan and playoffs can definitely change that- wholeheartedly agree with you there. But if CC keeps doing what they're doing and DU keeps doing what they're doing, Gold Pan won't be a contest, and playoffs don't look so great either.
            University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
            Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
              CC fans at the games have been awful this season. I've missed a couple games over the past 6 seasons and I've been going to CC games for about 10 years now. The college section has been dead since we played DU...the fans in the crowd would rather scream "SHOOT!" than start any kind of positive chant. It's been a long season listening to some of these fans. On the other hand, all of this will change on Saturday night. The last home game of the season will bring out all the diehard fans and the World Arena will be a fun place to be.

GO TIGERS!
              Having been on the east coast for the past couple years, I have seen some great student sections (the likes of Northeastern, Clarkson, BU, etc.) and it has made me even more disenchanted with the CC students than I already was.

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed about the way this season has turned out. Yes, CC was maybe playing over their heads a bit earlier in the year, but this late season collapse is really tough to swallow. Two weeks ago, they were in great position to make the tourney, now it would take a near miracle to get in. Yet another ugly late season.
              Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
              -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
                Having been on the east coast for the past couple years, I have seen some great student sections (the likes of Northeastern, Clarkson, BU, etc.) and it has made me even more disenchanted with the CC students than I already was.

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed about the way this season has turned out. Yes, CC was maybe playing over their heads a bit earlier in the year, but this late season collapse is really tough to swallow. Two weeks ago, they were in great position to make the tourney, now it would take a near miracle to get in. Yet another ugly late season.
                CC students have one last chance to redeem themselves next Saturday. I think they'll be up to it, but the Tigers need to get at least a point on Friday to make Saturday meaningful.

And I don't buy the collapse metaphor. CC's opening schedule was very favorable, while their closing schedule was kinda stacked against them. If you buy the KRACH as a valid measuring stick, CC is still the number 10 team in the nation - but behind 5 other WCHA teams. It's a tough year to be a good team in a GREAT WCHA!

Speaking of which: CONGRATS to the Pioneers on climbing to the top of this great conference and winning the MacNaughton, and thanks for getting all that stuff out of the way before my trip up to Magness this coming Friday. Now they can put it on cruise control next weekend while CC takes 3 points to retain the Gold Pan - which, as most DU fans have said for the last three years, they really don't care about anyway!

Go Tigers!

Comment

Originally posted by DenverGoldJersey View Post
                  the team from the Cleveland Steamer World Arena
                  At one end of the DU fan scale sits Puck Swami, at the other end.........
                  Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
                  Steven Tyler

Comment

I am fully expecting the usual hard-fought series between WCHA rivals, and I think we're likely going to see 1 goal victory margins next weekend both ways.

Denver has more depth and has had the better season, but CC has a lot of seniors and good team speed, and they will play with a lot of pride against the Pioneers.

I think DU will take game 1 on home ice, and I see CC taking game 2 at CSWA on their senior night.

I could also see DU resting some guys on Saturday with the MacNaughton and Gold Pan already clinched (if DU is fortunate enough to win on Friday).

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                      I am fully expecting the usual hard-fought series between WCHA rivals, and I think we're likely going to see 1 goal victory margins next weekend both ways.

Denver has more depth and has had the better season, but CC has a lot of seniors and good team speed, and they will play with a lot of pride against the Pioneers.

I think DU will take game 1 on home ice, and I see CC taking game 2 at CSWA on their senior night.

I could also see DU resting some guys on Saturday with the MacNaughton and Gold Pan already clinched (if DU is fortunate enough to win on Friday).

We just have to pray that nobody gets hurt. I believe we were in pretty good shape in 2005 as well. Not so in 2004 and certainly not in 1986
                      "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                      Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                        Since you're right about everything else, except maybe underestimating the # of people wearing green, we can't have you batting 1.000. So I've made an appearance. Therefore your last prediction is wrong.
                        Originally posted by MPLS Gopher Fan
                        As an impartial observer (well, sort of) who's been to both arenas, the WA is a much nicer facility than the Cement Center is. It could be the fact that it's out near the Rockies, it could be the lack of Huskie fans , or both.
                        Originally posted by Puck Swami
                        CC is an upstanding school ...
                        Originally posted by dubbie31
                        52 years isn't a slump...its a tradition.

Comment

This has been a quiet week so far for the best rivalry in the state of Colorado.
                          The tiggies are in a big swoon and DU has a 10 game winning streak.

Time for the DU Seniors to skate the Gold Pan around Magness!
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

TV this weekend FSN Rocky Mountain and FCS Pacific both nights.
                            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

The CC student section has been in decline since moving to the CSWA, but this season has been brutal. Doesn't matter if they show up for DU, that will probably always happen. It's the other 18 home games they need to be present for. Even the first game with DU the students were pretty much silent.

Not sure how you can't buy the collapse. Yeah they are playing better teams, but they aren't splitting like they were earlier in the year, they are getting swept. It's the same story all over again.

Comment

Working...
                              X