PDA

View Full Version : At Least Make It To Double Digit Points...Please? Michigan Tech at UND, 3/5-3/6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Twitch Boy
02-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech wraps up the regular season at UND, who is making their usual second-half kamikaze run.

FadeToBlack&Gold
02-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Just end it, please. I don't even care anymore.

Dirty
02-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Yay! I won't need to buy one of Flashy Man's shirts! I was kind of looking forward to getting one though. :(

Siouxfaninseattle
02-28-2010, 01:03 AM
Tech wraps up the regular season at UND, who is making their usual second-half kamikaze run.

Not quite the usual seond half run. They actually played pretty good for a while early, and then couldn't seem to find the net to save their ***, and then started rolling later than usual. They are certainly rolling now, but need to put together 2 games where they play all 60 minutes. Anything less than that and Tech will steal a couple points.

The Rube
02-28-2010, 01:12 AM
... and Tech will steal a couple points.

What you've just said.......

just sayin'.

Mike Rane
02-28-2010, 01:40 AM
What you've just said.......

just sayin'.

Common Man's preposterous statements tourney?:D

The Rube
02-28-2010, 01:41 AM
Common Man's preposterous statements tourney?:D

That's what I'm thinking. If Tech is within 2.5 goals either night, I'll be shocked. Assuming Dell isn't in, of course. And even then...

Mike Rane
02-28-2010, 01:43 AM
That's what I'm thinking. If Tech is within 2.5 goals either night, I'll be shocked. Assuming Dell isn't in, of course. And even then...

Dell computers have been known to crash, though.:( ;)

Beer Pong Horn
02-28-2010, 01:44 AM

Considering that our last three games have had identical scores, I'm going to go with UND getting 10 goals on the weekend, and Tech getting 4. :o

Yager
02-28-2010, 02:08 AM
So who's making the trip? This will be the first UND away series that I've missed in like 3 years. Sorry everyone, going to be in Hawaii instead. Someone better eat extra Red Pepper for me. And someone else is going to have to uncomfortably hide a flag pohl/poll/pole up their pant leg to get it into the Ralph.

Also, anyone making it to Denver? I get back to MSP airport abut 5 1/2 hours before game time, so unless I can get a really really cheap flight out to Denver, I will be forced to miss the series (and miss a game due to driving back to Houghton). Unfortunately I just have the money to do it.

The Incredible Gulk
02-28-2010, 07:51 AM
I vote we forfeit the games to UND, and rest up for the weekend instead. Why bother wasting the time and money on the trip to North Dakota? I am being completely serious here. :o :mad:

Otherwise, just show up and play all our fourth liners and save our best guys for next week against Denver. Either way this is probably our best plan of action for attempting to upset DU. **** Hockey!

Sloe Gin
02-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Also, anyone making it to Denver? I get back to MSP airport abut 5 1/2 hours before game time, so unless I can get a really really cheap flight out to Denver, I will be forced to miss the series (and miss a game due to driving back to Houghton). Unfortunately I just have the money to do it.

I'll be at one of the games...

Beer Pong Horn
02-28-2010, 12:37 PM
I vote we forfeit the games to UND, and rest up for the weekend instead. Why bother wasting the time and money on the trip to North Dakota? I am being completely serious here. :o :mad:

Otherwise, just show up and play all our fourth liners and save our best guys for next week against Denver. Either way this is probably our best plan of action for attempting to upset DU. **** Hockey!

Start Corson!

bigblue_dl
02-28-2010, 06:21 PM
I'll be in Grand Forks for the games, brent is supposed to be going with. We're driving up Thursday night. I got a hotel on priceline for $52 per night, and it said its a 2 star, so it shouldn't be a ****hole like in St, Clooud.

Suze
02-28-2010, 08:35 PM
I'll be in Grand Forks for the games, brent is supposed to be going with. We're driving up Thursday night. I got a hotel on priceline for $52 per night, and it said its a 2 star, so it shouldn't be a ****hole like in St, Clooud.

I wouldn't want to stay in a 2 star hotel! :eek: Can't beat the price tho.

The Rube
02-28-2010, 08:51 PM

I bet it's the best hotel in Grand Forks!

Dirty
02-28-2010, 08:58 PM

I don't see why. It would be a step up from an igloo and there's no risk of polar bear attacks.

bigblue_dl
02-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Last time we stayed at the 1 star EconoLodge, and we were at the Motel 6 in St. Cloud, so this is a definite improvement. :p

I bet it's the best hotel in Grand Forks!
I think it is the second best, but thats still pretty good.

The hotel is by the mall, which isn't really close to the Ralph, luckily Grand Forks isn't too big, so it shouldn't be a big problem.

The Rube
02-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Last time we stayed at the 1 star EconoLodge, and we were at the Motel 6 in St. Cloud, so this is a definite improvement. :p

I think it is the second best, but thats still pretty good.

The hotel is by the mall, which isn't really close to the Ralph, luckily Grand Forks isn't too big, so it shouldn't be a big problem.

It wouldn't be the first time I've utilized a taxi in a podunk town on a hockey trip. ;)

bigblue_dl
02-28-2010, 10:18 PM
It wouldn't be the first time I've utilized a taxi in a podunk town on a hockey trip. ;)
I'm planning on drinking, so we will have to be using a taxi, since I don't think we'll have a DD. I'm hoping that I can leave my truck at the hotel and that the hotel will have a shuttle or something to take us to a bar, that has a fan bus to the game and back to the bar afterwards.