Merrimack - Up, Up and Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrimack - Up, Up and Away

Wow...as a Merrimack grad and a fan of a team that I've followed for nearly 20 years, I must admit that I haven't been this excited about this team in a VERY long time, if ever. As of this morning, Merrimack sits only 1 point out of a home playoff position, have a 5-1-1 record over their last 7 (when it means most) and have arguably the best freshman, not only in Hockey East, but in the country. Da Costa has sparked this team more than any player in memory. The way he can move from end to end so effortlessly, leaving defenders and goalies in his wake, is amazing...I know he is at the top of the list for a lot of the scouts at the games, but I hope he stays for at least 1 or 2 more years and shows what MC can do. Coach D has been amazing in his recruiting efforts, and this one is the TOP of the list. Cream of the crop in the country, and he ended up at Mack.

3 games to go...at home against Maine and Providence and on the road against Providence..if they can squeeze 4 more points out this season, they have a shot at having a home playoff game, where they currently have one of the best home records in the country!!! CRAZY TIMES AT THE 'MACK!!!

GO WARRIORS!!!
    As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Re: Merrimack - Up, Up and Away

its about time someone started a(nother) Merrimack thread!

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=86185
    http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=89081

Comment

The most important factor to having a chance at home ice will be taking care of business against cellar-dweller Providence. If we don't sweep that series, I don't think we will have home ice.

With that said, one game at a time--Maine will be hungry on Saturday night, and judging from the chippy play that ended last night's game--there could be a lot of players in the box tonight.

LET'S GO MACK!
      "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
      "Why?"
      "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorDJ View Post
        judging from the chippy play that ended last night's game--there could be a lot of players in the box tonight.

LET'S GO MACK!
        Especially with hacks like Bigos out there, and MC running goaltenders at every opportunity. Of course if Maine had any stones, they wouldn't stand for it, but the BlueBear fans have established that they don't...

Comment

nice win
          That is 11 out of last 14 Hockey East points. 5-1-1. Best 7 game stretch in the history of MC in Hockey East games.

Had 9 power plays, 40 shots and MC still won...

Tonight should be fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            nice win
            That is 11 out of last 14 Hockey East points. 5-1-1. Best 7 game stretch in the history of MC in Hockey East games.

Had 9 power plays, 40 shots and MC still won...

Tonight should be fun to watch.
            Still lost 10 out of 11 earlier in the season. Its a nice run, but I dont see this going too far.
            Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
            1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
            1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
            2006-2007: 15-24-2
            2007-2008: 20-20-4
            2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

its not earlier in the season, in hockey momentum is everything.

Comment

I love seeing the mack succeeding, given the struggles of the program, it's a really cool story. after the huskies the mack is easily my 2nd favorite team, best of luck the rest of the season, god i hope you guys get to go to the garden.
                Arenas Attended
                Matthews Arena
                Agganis Arena
                Tsongas Arena
                Lawler Arena
                Schneider Arena
                Mullins Center
                TD Banknorth Garden
                Conte Forum
                Whittemore Center
                Gutterson Fieldhouse
                Alfond Arena
                Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                  Still lost 10 out of 11 earlier in the season. Its a nice run, but I dont see this going too far.
                  That has absolutly nothing to do with the run that they're on right now.

Comment

i dont know whats the maine fans deal with this running goalies bs, first people who have claimed that all season, maybe its cuz their defensmen ran our player into their tender... anyways, you have to love the way the team is playing right now, and the way Da Costa simply takes over the game at the end seemingly every game now its truly incredible, hes made huge playes in the final minutes of every game he has played over the last 3 weeks and the goal last night as well as his final assist were flat out amazing. Home ice is in our sights and if we get that i would bet we are the last team other than BC that anyone wants to play in the hockey east playoffs.
                    MERRIMACK WARRIORS

Comment

For both Merrimack Valley teams, home ice can't be put into discussion until they both play and win their respective games tonight. Also, a large factor that can't be controlled is the result of the BU/UVM game tomororw that will determine both team's chancees. Wins by both Lowell and Merrimack and a UVM win tomorrow afternoon dramatically improve the oods for both teams to not only get home ice, but to play each other, (I'd have to check but this may be the first time that Lowell/Merrimack would play in the playoffs as DI teams)

The Maine/Merrimack game will actually dictate if third place is in danger as seven teams can still finish either third or ninth. Given the way Merrimack has played at home and Maine dismal road record this year I would have to say Merrimack has an excellent chance of sweeping tonight and more importantly taking the season series, if they can cut down on penalities. Going to the box eight times at home is not a way to live aganist the Black Bears who have made a living scoring power play goals.

Trust me, if Lowell wasn't playing tonight, like four other teams, I would have most likely found my way at the Mack tonight. Going to be one hell of a game.
                      - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        its not earlier in the season, in hockey momentum is everything.
                        Momentum? Didn't MC just get demolished 7-0 by Boston College two games ago? Anyhow, it's great to see the Warriors doing so well. Who would have thought the toughest road points in Hockey East this year would be at the Volpe?
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                          Momentum? Didn't MC just get demolished 7-0 by Boston College two games ago? Anyhow, it's great to see the Warriors doing so well. Who would have thought the toughest road points in Hockey East this year would be at the Volpe?
                          Well, in theory, UNH hasn't lost at home in Hockey East (yet), so....
                          But MC is 5-1-1 in their last 7 league games, I'd say thats momentum, despite losing one game without their best player and one of the best in the league....

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                            Wins by both Lowell and Merrimack and a UVM win tomorrow afternoon dramatically improve the oods for both teams to not only get home ice, but to play each other, (I'd have to check but this may be the first time that Lowell/Merrimack would play in the playoffs as DI teams)
                            Lowell beat Merrimack in the quarterfinals 2 games to none in 1994.
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by MCHOCKEY View Post
                              Coach D has been amazing in his recruiting efforts, and this one is the TOP of the list. Cream of the crop in the country, and he ended up at Mack.

GO WARRIORS!!!
                              I believe that if you check, you'll find that Albie O'Connell had a lot to do with finding and recruiting DaCosta, Bigos as well as Mike Collins, who will be coming next year. Albie, of course, is trying to do the same thing at Northeastern. Merrimack has some very good recruits coming next year, especially on defense where they will really be useful.

Comment

Working...
                              X