Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Take notice of small college in hockey east

Originally posted by vinny View Post
    Merrimack College in Hockey East has had a great February but apparently do not get much respect. Polls continue to list teams such as Vermont, Massachusetts, etal ahead of Merrimack. True Merrimack had a bad game against BC but note freshman star DeCosta was out due to illness. With win over Maine tonight (6-3) MC should be okay for playoffs; the other teams are not looking forward to facing the small college that doesn't seem to get the polls respect.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
    Germans?
    Forget it, he's rolling.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

The Monitor owns Merrimack.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
        USCHO poll for March 1

1. Denver
        2. Miami
        3. That Small College in Hockey East.
        INSIDE INFORMATION!! MARCH 1st POLL

1. St Clood
        2. Not Michigan Tech
        3. That Small College in Hockey East (Providence)???
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
          INSIDE INFORMATION!! MARCH 1st POLL

1. St Clood
          2. Not Michigan Tech
          3. That Small College in Hockey East (Providence)???
          1. St, Clooud
          2. Not Michigan Tech
          3. {PROVICED

Fixed.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
            You're beatin my team lately so rub it in if you want but maybe if you stop gooning it up and running goalies the pollsters will take notice of that too.
            This.

This team has been dirty and an embarrassment to college hockey for years, which is sad because they actually have some talent this year.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
              uh, Merrimack is under .500 maybe if you beat teams like UMass (instead of splitting) and Boston College (instead of losing 7-0). That really hurt your chances of being ranked. And that 1-10 run you had really impressed the pollsters.
              Merrimack did beat UMass. Swept'em. What difference does it make though...everyone else beats UMass too nowadays.
              #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                Maybe once they get an actual arena.
                HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE VOLPE DOME.

Respect.
                Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Merrimack should be #26 instead of Onion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'd like to congrate the University of South Lawrence on their best season in team history... It'll be over in two weeks.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I dunno who this "Mary" chick is, but she sounds like someone I want to meet.

Ms. Mack: My name is Brenthoven. I like long walks on the beach, good steak dinners, and I love animals. My pet peeves are hostile and abusive logos, the color combination of red and white, and Bic pens.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Ms. Mack: My name is Brenthoven. I like long walks on the beach, good steak dinners, and I love animals. My pet peeves are hostile and abusive logos, the color combination of red and white, and Bic pens.
                        I thought her name was Samsonite
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                          Merrimack did beat UMass. Swept'em. What difference does it make though...everyone else beats UMass too nowadays.
                          I meant on the season, I think UMass won a game or two at the start of the season. Oh well since I moved out of New England, I havent kept up on Hockey East like I should.
                          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                          2006-2007: 15-24-2
                          2007-2008: 20-20-4
                          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Our first bachelorette is a mentally abused shut-in from a kingdom far, far away. She likes sushi and hot-tubbing, any time. Her hobbies include cooking and cleaning for her two evil sisters. Let's hear it for Cinderella! (applause!)

Bachelorette number two is a cape-wearing girl from the Land of Fantasy. Although she lives with seven other men, she's not easy! Just kiss her frozen, dead lips and find out what a live wire she is. Give it up for Sn-o-o-o-o-w White! (applause!)

And last but not least is a fiery redhead who lives in a dragon-guarded castle surrounded by a boiling lake of lava. But don't let that cool you off: She's a loaded pistol who likes piƱa coladas and getting caught in the rain. Yours for the rescuing, Princess Fiona! (applause!)
                            Bugs Bunny - 96
                            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by vinny View Post
                              Merrimack College in Hockey East has had a great February but apparently do not get much respect. Polls continue to list teams such as Vermont, Massachusetts, etal ahead of Merrimack. True Merrimack had a bad game against BC but note freshman star DeCosta was out due to illness. With win over Maine tonight (6-3) MC should be okay for playoffs; the other teams are not looking forward to facing the small college that doesn't seem to get the polls respect.
                              I don't pay attention to HE, but from what I hear you (and Marymack) need to do a couple things:

1) Get a winning record. If you don't have that, don't open your mouth.

2) Polls will pretty much always favor the big programs over the small ones, get used to it

3) Quit your whining.

Have a great day!

Comment

{PROVICED and Merrimack switched places 3 years ago. The pollsters just weren't informed....

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X