Fire Tim Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Tim Army

Enough is enough. I can't believe how low he has taken Providence College hockey. The total lack of offense and closing in on 100 losses in 5 years while showing no signs at all of improvement, it's just time to go. If my job performance was as poor as Army's I'd be standing in a soup line, the wonderful AD at PC gives him not a 1 or 2 yr extension, oh no he gets 5 YEARS.....

The rink is empty the team is terrible and nobody seems to care.

Fire Army

Re: Fire Tim Army

What an original thread...
    Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Jim Culhane will soon be available.

(God, I've waited years to say that in a thread.)
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Jim Culhane will soon be available.

(God, I've waited years to say that in a thread.)
        You must spread some Reputation around...
        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

PC has, I believe, 9 league wins in their last 50 conference games. The team's offense is among the worst in Division 1. Army is going to hit 100 league losses either this year or next, and it goes without saying he has been a total, unmitigated disaster as a head coach on the collegiate level. Back to back 20 loss, dead-last place finishes and not even qualifying for your own conference's playoffs speaks for itself. After a promising start to his first season -- which ended with a now-annual end-of-season collapse -- it's been a downward spiral for the Friars into the Hockey East basement.

The few excuse-makers have trotted out everything for the last 5 seasons -- blaming Pooley and his players first. Then several seasons of saying it was all Tyler Sims' fault. Now it's the institution's failure to back the program, as well as the fanbase (all 7 of us) on this board for making recruiting difficult by discussing how poor Army's record is.

Even if PC needs to do more to support the program -- something we can all agree on -- there seems to be no good reason to retain him as head coach.

To continue giving a vote of confidence to someone who has done nothing but make this program worse since he got here is tantamount to telling everyone that PC no longer cares about its hockey team. Which, given his contract, is very likely to be the case.
          Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 02-26-2010, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I agree.. Fire Tim Army, he simply isn't the right guy for the job.
            The record speaks for itself.
            Let's GO FRIARS!!
            Let's GO FRIARS!!

Mikey Sweeps!!

Comment

Starts stop watch
              Providence College
              National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Isn't it great when coaches who are hailed as saviors after one season just fail phenomenally for the next 5? (Cough cough, Charlie Weis). I just hope Brendan Whittet won't turn out like Army did, because Brown would never get rid of him- he's an alum and he's cheap.

Comment

I take great exception to a BU fan starting a thread like this. After all the success BU has had, you think BU Observer would just mind his own dang business. This is a team that needs something positive to happen. Something like a new coach. Hey BU fan go back to Boston.

There....

Comment

Hey, look at the bright side. Providence College is not quite as bad as Michigan Tech.

Michigan Tech winning pct .315 with coach Jamie Russell - 66-163-33, 7th season

Providence College winning pct .388 with Tim Army - 58-97-19, 5th season

You just wait 'til next decade.

Comment

Is Army making the Friars miss Pooley?
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                        The few excuse-makers have trotted out everything for the last 5 seasons -- blaming Pooley and his players first. Then several seasons of saying it was all Tyler Sims' fault. Now it's the institution's failure to back the program, as well as the fanbase (all 7 of us) on this board for making recruiting difficult by discussing how poor Army's record is.

Even if PC needs to do more to support the program -- something we can all agree on -- there seems to be no good reason to retain him as head coach.

You must wait till next year. There are going to be some great improvements. As you mention all 7 of us, Microsoft has developed Windows 7, and while the school can't afford it, someone has donated to Tim a new laptop with Windows 7. This will allow him to make quicker decisions on the bench while he is on his laptop. Just you wait and see.

Comment

Season ticket holder here, my last game, or I should say last period tonight as a season ticket holder. 5-0 Merrimack after the 1st period. This thread needs to stay on the first page until Army gets his butt off campus.

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                            Season ticket holder here, my last game, or I should say last period tonight as a season ticket holder. 5-0 Merrimack after the 1st period. This thread needs to stay on the first page until Army gets his butt off campus.

I left after the 1st period also. Noticed no Laptop on the bench tonight. AS of now this was my last game as a seaon ticket hols too!

Comment

Why didn't Simpson get to play on Senior night? Is he injured?

Comment

Working...
                              X