Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you won the Gold, you'd be drinking ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you won the Gold, you'd be drinking ?????

The coffee survey was such a hit, why not tap the spirit of things with this fun little poll!
    Coors Light - Now obviously the #1 international choice! ;-)
    10.14%
    Molson/Labatt's/Something Canadian, out of respect for the game's true home
    27.54%
    A fuller bodied American brew - Sam Adams for example
    13.04%
    Miller Lite - Great Taste / Less Filling!
    2.90%
    Guiness - Nothing to do with hockey, but...who cares?
    4.35%
    Beer - Other - Because the poll creator has no taste and left off your favorite brew
    7.25%
    Mixed Drinks - Long Island Ice Teas, Tequila shots, Jolly Ranchers, etc.
    5.80%
    Champagne - of course along with any or none of the above
    17.39%
    Something off the vine - Maybe a nice rewarding glass of Pinot Noir or the like
    1.45%
    Juicy Juice / V8 / Orange Juice or something else healthy!
    10.14%

The poll is expired.

Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Re: If you won the Gold, you'd be drinking ?????

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
    The coffee survey was such a hit, why not tap the spirit of things with this fun little poll!
    Yes. Any other questions.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
      My answer would be no, but then again to put that answer in perspective...

.... I have not had a beer since my early 20's
      .... Back then lived like a monk during competition/training phases
      .... Do not drink period

However, this is a personal choice.

Have no problem with folks who drink responsibly. I know my 20 year old college kid drinks on occasion (Legal here at age 19), but is not consumed by it.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't realize that an actual poll was forthcoming, or I'd have gone with the traditional, "Where's the poll?" earlier.

Some days it is Labatt's, some days Stella, yesterday I had a Newcastle, Beck's is good -- are you buying, or do I have to win Gold first?
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Even at my advanced age, there is nothing better after a good hockey game than a nice cold brew.

True story. I was in a tourney a few years back late Spring in the White Mountains of NH. An old college teammate of mine who is now just an older teammate, had the misfortune to break her leg in the finals. Fortunately she did it in ski country, and they are very familiar with boot top fractures.

After her surgery the next day, she had to have someone come up and get her, as she obviously wasn't driving, and don't you know the first stop they made was back at the rink to retreive a couple of Coronas left in the Zaboni pile for said post game refreshment

Side note: We did win, and will be defending our third in a row title at the end of March, and win or lose, there's gonna be a bottle or two in the snowbank for after
          "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Old Vienna.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

With all due respect to our good friend OnMaa, it seems pretty clear already that the vast majority of us just might have behaved in a similar manner. Congrats, Team Canada. Have another one or two today, in fact!
              Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Cranapple juice for me please. Good stuff.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Out of respect for our Canadian friends for winning the gold I would have to go with the old reliable LaBatt's or Molson Canadian. If I was really feeling it; break out the cranberry juice (red) and Grey Goose (white label).

Comment

This is Great...a poll.

I believe Mike Vernon with the Red Wings at the time...was the first to have a cigar in his hand during their impromtu on ice team picture with the Cup in 95'...let's blame him.

Although he was a Calgarian and played his formidable years with the Flames, it was rumoured that at times he wasn't sure whether he had a goalie stick or a swizel stick in his hand.

A nice single malt for me, don't even think about tainting it with ice or water...and hey..can I have one of those Cuban's your smokin...

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post

A nice single malt for me, don't even think about tainting it with ice or water...and hey..can I have one of those Cuban's your smokin...

I'll have either Sleeman's or an Alexander Keith's...whichever is cold. A pitcher, not a bottle.
                      (Better for the environment)

Comment

Nothing wrong with celebrating a victory as big as this one. While many take offense with their choice of a certain light beer brewed in the Rocky Mountains, it is refreshing when you don't want to fill up. Personally, I'd go for the champagne and a nice Molson. And since Cubans are legal north of the US border ....

I expect if my daughter had the opportunity to celebrate a championship that might be as big to her as this, she'd find something to celebrate with as well, even if she was just slightly under legal drinking age. And I'd have no problem with that. Although I think she'd pass on the cigar as she hates when I occasionally smoke them.
                        There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

U19AAAA Forever!

Comment

[QUOTE=GHF;4655702]Nothing wrong with celebrating a victory as big as this one. While many take offense with their choice of a certain light beer brewed in the Rocky Mountains, it is refreshing when you don't want to fill up. Personally, I'd go for the champagne and a nice Molson. And since Cubans are legal north of the US border ....

Ironically all Hockey Canada, NHL and certain CHL teams are bound by contract to serve only Molson products at concessions and events. Molson and Hockey are joined at the hip up here. So...that certain light beer brewed in the Rockies your referring to was in all liklihood brewed at 1555 Notre-Dame Est., Montreal Quebec at the Molson Coors Brewing Company (Canada). Molson Canadian and (Molson) Coors-Lite were the only beers those girls were about to get caught with, like it or not.

BTW I think Molson`s stock rose today on publicity they garnered from having those naughty Canadian girls drinking their beer on every front page in North America. Bummer eh!
                          Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 02-26-2010, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Being a cigar efficianado myself, I'd be very appreciative if any of my Canadian friends were coming to the CHA's next weekend, and happened to have a couple of Cuban samples to share!

Gotta say I'm mostly proud to be from the US, except when I visit my local smoke shop!

Comment

I don't drink.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                              X