Canadian Olympic Team drinking champaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Olympic Team drinking champaign

Headline for Goodmorning America ~ Canadian Olympic team under investigation for underage players drinking champaign and smoking cigars. I can see the toast, however, cigars? I don't think anyone should smoke cigars! Especially athletes.

Re: Canadian Olympic Team drinking champaign

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
    Headline for Goodmorning America ~ Canadian Olympic team under investigation for underage players drinking champaign and smoking cigars. I can see the toast, however, cigars? I don't think anyone should smoke cigars! Especially athletes.
    Agree on the cigar. I mean, really, why would you even consider that as part of a celebration YUCK!

As for the underage drinking. Give me a break. It's not as if she was 14 or 15. We're talking she's already of legal age at her home on the other side of the same country, but geesh - she is a month from being legal there. I'd be more worried that her adult counterparts are giving her Coors Light, when they're in Labatt and Molson Country
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Comment

That's really sad. Let 'em celebrate, they've earned it.

Comment

These athletes have trained 4 years/their whole lives and they accomplished their goal of winning a gold medal. Let them celebrate! I would celebrate for a week or two if I were them! Calm down and let them enjoy the moment. Cigars/beer/champagne, who cares, I would enjoy it all!

Comment

Who is under 18 on the Canadian team? I'm pretty sure 18 is the drinking age in Canada. ( I could be wrong, but I distinctly remember some friends of mine going up to Montreal for some fun weekends before they turned 21 )

I don't see what the big deal is. Let them celebrate. After all baseball players drink and give each other beer showers on the field after the World Series.

Comment

Slow news day...down at Good Morning America, methinks.

Can we find some humor here...reminds me of the old Groucho Marx line when he asks a father of 13 why so many kids? The father replies "I love my wife" to which Marx replies "Well I love my cigars...but I take them out of my mouth every now and then."

Comment

The really hypocritical part of this is that at some point some media boob will say something like, "These women are role models for young girls and these impressionable children shouldn't see this." If the media didn't blow this crap out of proportion, then the young'uns last image of these players would be them hugging, kissing medals, and singing, "Oh, Canada".
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Please......they worked their tails off, let them celebrate. Better that, than 8 years ago when Chris Chelios and company trashed a hotel after getting bounced from the Olympics!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                    I'd be more worried that her adult counterparts are giving her Coors Light, when they're in Labatt and Molson Country
                    Coors Light? Can that even be classified as real beer? Tried one once - fizzy water with a sort of a beerishy tang. I'm not that fond of Labatt or Molson either but I guess the players can be forgiven for not taking the time to look at some of the local brews before celebrating!

Comment

Originally posted by Bergey1 View Post
                      Who is under 18 on the Canadian team? I'm pretty sure 18 is the drinking age in Canada. ( I could be wrong, but I distinctly remember some friends of mine going up to Montreal for some fun weekends before they turned 21 )
                      18 in Quebec, 19 in most other provinces like B.C.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        18 in Quebec, 19 in most other provinces like B.C.
                        Actually it's 18 in Quebec, Manitoba and Alberta. The rest are all 19.

Should we also note that you can start driving a car at the age of 14 in Alberta...what a bunch of rednecks eh?

Comment

Originally posted by EdSasha View Post
                          Coors Light? Can that even be classified as real beer? Tried one once - fizzy water with a sort of a beerishy tang. I'm not that fond of Labatt or Molson either but I guess the players can be forgiven for not taking the time to look at some of the local brews before celebrating!
                          Moosehead? I went through a slightly extended Moosehead craving phase in my youth.
                          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I am guessing you have you ever won anything important that was sports related?
                            Having said that, if your 12 years old I apologize because your have a point smoking is unhealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Plugger View Post
                              Please......they worked their tails off, let them celebrate. Better that, than 8 years ago when Chris Chelios and company trashed a hotel after getting bounced from the Olympics!!!
                              These girls probably lived like monks since August with only one goal in mind. They achieved their goal, so why not celebrate it. Me thinks no big deal.

Besides the drinking age in the home province of the player in question is 18, so it would be legal there.

I can think of many worse celebrations/incidents in the past. The trashing you alluded to above was in Nagano.

Comment

Working...
                              X