Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MI & ND 2/25, 27- I couda been a conteda...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MI & ND 2/25, 27- I couda been a conteda...

Well, two teams that should have been finishing up the season battling for the top position for the CCHA crawl into their final weekend.

Anyone want to talk about it?

Re: MI & ND 2/25, 27- I couda been a conteda...

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    I think I'm too ashamed to talk about it.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G
    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
    2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      I think I'm too ashamed to talk about it.
      Seems like our friends from South Bend feel the same.

How about we talk about something completely different?

Say, the upcoming posters game? Like how South Bend is close enough to Ann Arbor that they should plan on going the FF since tickets will be cheap on the street, and they can play a game with fellow posters.

Ok, that's totally self serving.

Or we can talk about the new guy with the Wings, and how both of our teams are making a run for the championship when the CCHA championship is held at the new Joe Louis.

Or we can just argue about football. Wait- that's the same problem as hockey. Nevermind.

I got it- movies. We can talk about how lame most of the films up for Best Picture are this year! I just didn't see what was so great about "Up in the Air". The best part were the real people who were acting about getting laid off....

Comment

Well, two teams that should have been finishing up the season battling for the top position for the CCHA crawl into their final weekend.

Well, we both may be crawling, but you guys are at least scooting around all over the floor while we cannot yet figure out how to get around the chair that seems to be in our way.

I stand by my earlier prediction/rant. Michigan in a laugher tonight at Yost and then pulls out the sweep with a close one (1 goal or maybe 2 with an ENG) in South Bend. A quote from today in the South Bend Tribune is already raising my blood pressure. Ryan Thang thinks "now it's just time to strap it up and lead by example." Uh, hello... Where was that attitude before last weekend. Or the weekend before that. Or after giving up the game losing goal in the friggin' opener with 3 seconds left. Or after blowing your fifth or sixth 3rd period lead.... you get the picture. Oh well. FYI we do have most of the injured back. Only Ben Ryan is out for sure. There may be another but I won't know until the team takes the ice.

Comment

Preseason NCAA Rankings: Michigan (#3 or #4), Notre Dame (#5), Two teams that should have competed for the Frozen Four in Detroit.
          Current NCAA Rankings: Michigan #25 (Slightly better than Michigan football and basketball) Michigan picked 1st to win CCHA, Notre Dame picked in 2nd place

Which set of fans will complain more tonight about their indifferent, underachieving players?

M fans have heard similar player quotes too, we thought we'd see a different result in January, but the errors lingered through February.
          Come out flat, turnover leads to a goal, soft goal, 5x3 penalty kill. The team makes it difficult to win when they are the biggest obstacle.
          Last edited by alnike; 02-25-2010, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
            Which set of fans will complain more tonight about their indifferent, underachieving players?
            It could be a lot worse, number one at least you have fans and two you have excellent coaches. You could be sitting a 18k arena with 2500 of your close friends on Saturday wondering if the AD is going to finally pull the trigger and go get one of the assistants from UM, ND or MU to coach your favorite team?!

Comment

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! It's me! Pick me!

As IHF mentioned, at least you guys still have something real to shoot for. ND can shoot for home ice (bleh), but I highly doubt they will hit that target.
              "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by HckyDoc View Post
                It could be a lot worse, number one at least you have fans and two you have excellent coaches. You could be sitting a 18k arena with 2500 of your close friends on Saturday wondering if the AD is going to finally pull the trigger and go get one of the assistants from UM, ND or University of Miami (FL) to coach your favorite team?!
                Sounds great!

Comment

I'm going to try not to be part of that group by some pre-game imbibement. Well, actually, we are going to dinner, and will proably miss the first two periods. Special food at a special restaurant trumps an underachiving team we get to see at least two more time at Yost. Well, we hope.

Wine + pork = a happy Alfablue.

Comment

I'm going to try not to be part of that group by some pre-game imbibement. Well, actually, we are going to dinner, and will proably miss the first two periods. Special food at a special restaurant trumps an underachiving team we get to see at least two more time at Yost. Well, we hope.

Wine + pork = a happy Alfablue.
                    I was going to be upset that you would skip part of a Michigan hockey game, and then remembered I skipped all of last weekend.

Just don't be like the family at Lake State that kicked my friends and I out of their seats with 0:32 left in the 2nd period. Sure, we were in their seats, but they couldn't wait for the end of the period to ask us to move?

How empty will Yost be tonight? Is it Senior night tonight? Weird on a Thursday.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

Well, round one of "who's going to embarrass themselves more this weekend" decisively goes to Notre Dame.

My prediction for the Saturday game is I get royally ****ed when I pass up going to an actual hockey game to stay home and watch Michigan pull a 180 and sh*t themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                        Well, round one of "who's going to embarrass themselves more this weekend" decisively goes to Notre Dame.

My prediction for the Saturday game is I get royally ****ed when I pass up going to an actual hockey game to stay home and watch Michigan pull a 180 and sh*t themselves.
                        Didn't see any of it.

And I gotta say, the amount of pork + wine was way worth it.

To give you all an idea- bacon ice cream over a molassas cake, with a slice of bacon 1/2 covered in chocolate finished the dinner.

Heck of a job for Little Hunwick, I have to say!!! When did he enter in the first? And looking at the score thread- a lot of people scored... So, that's two games missed in a row for alfablue, and two wins... oops on my part.

Comment

Didn't see any of it.

To give you all an idea- bacon ice cream over a molassas cake, with a slice of bacon 1/2 covered in chocolate finished the dinner.

Heck of a job for Little Hunwick, I have to say!!! When did he enter in the first? And looking at the score thread- a lot of people scored... So, that's two games missed in a row for alfablue, and two wins... oops on my part.
                          Stay home!

Comment

Didn't see any of it.

Yes, I was heckling your sorry butt from my seat.

6710 was the attendance, and it was pretty full for a thursday. We got fortunate breaks last night- I thought ND carried the play for most of the first period after the initial flurry Michigan had. Hunwick came in at about the 11 minute mark and was solid. Made a dandy stretching glove save on a PP chance, and the guys played really well in front of him- defended a short 5x3 really well. Sounds as if Hogan pulled a groin going side to side on one of the few good chances the Irish had last night (2x1- Thang, I think hit the post). Originally thought it was a knee.

Langlais scored a fluky goal (hard shot flew up and over Johnson, landed behind him and trickled in), Summers started a nice 2x1 break shorthanded that Hagelin fed Rust for, Summers wristed a seeing eye shot that hit Johnson (Lynch and the d-man had him screened) and bounced in, and another fluky goal where Lebler threw one at the net that deflected off of Johnson and then off of a ND d-man into the net.

The game got chippy with ten minutes to go, so Wilkins decided to start whistling everyone off. He had his typical game- called cheap crap and let a few other things go- like the SH scrum that Summers had- down on the puck, no whistle, getting pitchforked by the Irish, until all heck broke loose. Wilkins is a tool.

I'll take the win, at least we'll see a home playoff series. A win down there with Hunwick in goal will be mint icing to my birthday cake. Maybe LSSU can do us a favor if we pull it out.

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                              Dead on.

Comment

Working...
                              X