Coaching Salaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching Salaries

Who can tell me what D-1 head coaches make each year around the country? I'm really interested how broad the spectrum is.

Re: Coaching Salaries

UConn 80K... I know this because I looked it up.

I believe Lowell is about 170K and UMass is about 190K... both are public record and searchable.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Toot Cahoon from Umass makes $220,875.00

Blaise MacDonald from UML makes $170,000.00

disgrace that the better coach and recruiter makes 50K less a year.

source: Boston Herald

Comment

I've been really curious about this too and would like to see the broad range of salaries.
        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

I just looked real quick and found that Rico made $140,000 in 2008 at Miami. Don't know if it has changed since then.
          Last edited by MUhawks628; 02-23-2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

For the WCHA from http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...st-paid-coach/

Alaska Anchorage — Dave Shyiak, $110,000 in 2009-10, contract through 2011-12
            Colorado College – Scott Owens, financial terms unavailable, contract through 2012-13
            Denver – George Gwozdecky, base and length unavailable
            Minnesota – Don Lucia, $222,789 in 2007-08, contract through 2011-12
            Minnesota Duluth – Scott Sandelin, $150,000 in 2009-10, contract through 2011-12
            Minnesota State- Mankato – Troy Jutting, $138,000 in 2008-09, expected to sign contract extension
            Michigan Tech – Jamie Russell, $116,759 in 2008-09, contract through 2011-12
            North Dakota – Dave Hakstol, $210,000 in 2007-08, contract through 2011-12
            St. Cloud State – Bob Motzko, $167,000 in 2008-09, contract through 2014-15
            Wisconsin – Mike Eaves, $229,511 in 2008-09, contract through 2013-14

Comment

I know that John Markell at Ohio State was at $227,500 in 2008. Keep em coming guys, tapping the knowledge out there saves a lot of online research.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                For the WCHA from http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2...st-paid-coach/

Alaska Anchorage — Dave Shyiak, $110,000 in 2009-10, contract through 2011-12
                Colorado College – Scott Owens, financial terms unavailable, contract through 2012-13
                Denver – George Gwozdecky, base and length unavailable
                Minnesota – Don Lucia, $222,789 in 2007-08, contract through 2011-12
                Minnesota Duluth – Scott Sandelin, $150,000 in 2009-10, contract through 2011-12
                Minnesota State- Mankato – Troy Jutting, $138,000 in 2008-09, expected to sign contract extension
                Michigan Tech – Jamie Russell, $116,759 in 2008-09, contract through 2011-12
                North Dakota – Dave Hakstol, $210,000 in 2007-08, contract through 2011-12
                St. Cloud State – Bob Motzko, $167,000 in 2008-09, contract through 2014-15
                Wisconsin – Mike Eaves, $229,511 in 2008-09, contract through 2013-14
                These guys all make a lot more when you throw in camp income and other ancillary money. Gwozdecky's base is between $200 and $250, and total income is well at least $300K when you figure in the other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  I just looked real quick and found that Rico made $140,000 in 2008 at Miami. Don't know if it has changed since then.
                  I hope he has a lot of bonus clauses as with what he's accomplished there the man is grossly underpaid in his base earnings, at least compared to others making a whole lot more while producing less.

Comment

Dean Blais makes $250,000/year

http://www.omaha.com/article/2009061...TS03/306139804
                    Last edited by UNOMav; 02-23-2010, 09:22 PM.
                    This SHARPIE is for you!

Comment

Michigan:
                      Red Berenson $200,000
                      Mel Pearson $100,000
                      Billy Powers $86,000

Comment

Anyone know the ECAC coaches?
                        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          I hope he has a lot of bonus clauses as with what he's accomplished there the man is grossly underpaid in his base earnings, at least compared to others making a whole lot more while producing less.
                          Hence why any "major coaching" openings make Miami fans somewhat nervous. I don't know what the price is to pull a coach away from his alma matter but there are some schools with coaching issues out there that might take a stab at guessing it. At the same time you would hope that after last season that number has gone up somewhat. I don't think he is going anywhere tho.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                            Hence why any "major coaching" openings make Miami fans somewhat nervous. I don't know what the price is to pull a coach away from his alma matter but there are some schools with coaching issues out there that might take a stab at guessing it. At the same time you would hope that after last season that number has gone up somewhat. I don't think he is going anywhere tho.

I would be shocked if Enrico ever left Miami, especially if the program continues as a contender for the NC. Miami has everything a coach needs except maybe a upper echelon salary...which I would bet Miami would sweeten his deal if necessary to keep him.
                            This SHARPIE is for you!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                              Anyone know the ECAC coaches?
                              Not many people will know unless the schools released it in a press release or they are on the inside as all 12 ECAC schools are private institutions.

State schools have to give that information out, hence what you will see in that WCHA post. 8 of the 10 schools had salaries given. MTU was the only private school in that league to post information. DU and CC did not give their info.

Comment

Working...
                              X