Coaching Salaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching Salaries

I know salaries have risen over the years but does anyone have a guess what Mason was making ay Michigan State prior moving up to AD?

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
      Not many people will know unless the schools released it in a press release or they are on the inside as all 12 ECAC schools are private institutions.

State schools have to give that information out, hence what you will see in that WCHA post. 8 of the 10 schools had salaries given. MTU was the only private school in that league to post information. DU and CC did not give their info.
      Now correct me if I'm wrong that any and every school that accepts federal money is subject to freedom of information statutes so submitting the proper paperwork can get one that info.

Comment

State schools have to give that information out, hence what you will see in that WCHA post. 8 of the 10 schools had salaries given. MTU was the only private school in that league to post information. DU and CC did not give their info.
        Michigan Tech is not a private university, hence why it is reported as required.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Michigan Tech is not a private university, hence why it is reported as required.
          My mistake. I always thought it was a private school because it had tech in the name. Just more to make my point that private schools don't have to publish, hence CC and DU being the only schools not shown in the WCHA for coaches salaries.

Comment

Not many people will know unless the schools released it in a press release or they are on the inside as all 12 ECAC schools are private institutions.

Michigan Tech is not a private school, the students and alum just act like it is.
            TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
              ...the students and alum just act like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                These guys all make a lot more when you throw in camp income and other ancillary money. Gwozdecky's base is between $200 and $250, and total income is well at least $300K when you figure in the other stuff.
                Correct, the list I posted was base salary only.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  Now correct me if I'm wrong that any and every school that accepts federal money is subject to freedom of information statutes so submitting the proper paperwork can get one that info.
                  Your assertion pushes a heavy political line which was not the idea behind this thread. There are two schools of thought on this matter - either the school receives Fed money, and therefore FoIA applies, or that the student receives the money and gives that money to whatever school s/he chooses.

And I can't imagine a greater waste than to file that claim for a hockey coach's salary at a private school. Just look at places like NMU and then the UND. Somewhere within that range will likely be that coach's salary, ancillary income excluded.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Your assertion pushes a heavy political line which was not the idea behind this thread. There are two schools of thought on this matter - either the school receives Fed money, and therefore FoIA applies, or that the student receives the money and gives that money to whatever school s/he chooses.

And I can't imagine a greater waste than to file that claim for a hockey coach's salary at a private school. Just look at places like NMU and then the UND. Somewhere within that range will likely be that coach's salary, ancillary income excluded.
                    I didn't see it as a heavy political line, just a simple legal fact, not that anyone would actually want to go through all the paperwork out of simple curiosity. Besides it was my thread to start with was it not?
                    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-23-2010, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UNOMav View Post
                      I would be shocked if Enrico ever left Miami, especially if the program continues as a contender for the NC. Miami has everything a coach needs except maybe a upper echelon salary...which I would bet Miami would sweeten his deal if necessary to keep him.
                      They should probably do that.What he's accomplished at a (let's be honest) hockey backwater is genuinely amazing.He could likely double his salary if he was offered,say,the Minnesota job.

Comment

It was reported in the Kalamazoo media last week that outgoing Western Michigan coach Jim Culhane had a salary of $107,000. As for the Miami fans who fear that Blasi may be tempted by a bigger schools offer, or even a professional overture, even his base salary puts him well in line with top NHL assistants, and at or above many AHL head coach's salaries. As for a college job that may be perceived as more prestigious, I doubt that money is his top motivator here. I think that he is well rooted in the Miami way which he has worked so hard to build, and that it would take something way outside the box to get him away from Miami.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          I didn't see it as a heavy political line, just a simple legal fact, not that anyone would actually want to go through all the paperwork out of simple curiosity. Besides it was my thread to start with was it not?
                          And to split that legal hair even further, there is a big difference in possible federal funding within the ECAC . The six ivies are all large research universities and without a doubt have large federal research grants. SLU, Union as liberal arts colleges without graduate schools of any consequence, very likely only take Pell grant money, which as you point out goes to students. Colgate probably falls in the same boat. The two engineering schools Clarkson and RPI might be more likely to have non-Pell grant Federal research money floating around -- and I wouldn't have a clue about that commuter school in Hamden. But, hey if any one with nothing else to do wants to file a FOIA, I'm sure we'd all be interested.

More to the point, my educated guess (and it's only a guess) is that the ECAC salaries are going to be at or toward the lower end of the spectrum. The faculties at these small colleges (and at the Ivies) have this thing about athletic coaches who make double what the highest paid professor gets.
                          St. Lawrence University
                          World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Blanks View Post
                            Michigan Tech is not a private school, the students and alum just act like it is.
                            Hey, my father-in-law went to Tech, oh, wait. I see your point.
                            “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                            – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                            when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              It was reported in the Kalamazoo media last week that outgoing Western Michigan coach Jim Culhane had a salary of $107,000. As for the Miami fans who fear that Blasi may be tempted by a bigger schools offer, or even a professional overture, even his base salary puts him well in line with top NHL assistants, and at or above many AHL head coach's salaries. As for a college job that may be perceived as more prestigious, I doubt that money is his top motivator here. I think that he is well rooted in the Miami way which he has worked so hard to build, and that it would take something way outside the box to get him away from Miami.
                              I'm gonna punch someone if Charles Barkley comes to town with a $5 Taco Bell box, it rocks it rocks.

Comment

Northeastern is incredibly tight lipped about contracts, won't give base salary or length, NU fans are really left in the dark, its part of the AD's philosophy so I'm told...
                                MATTHEWS ARENA

100 YEARS OF HOCKEY HISTORY

Comment

Working...
                                X