Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI V: Chase for the Championship (and Hobey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI V: Chase for the Championship (and Hobey)

Yes, I'm starting this slightly earlier than the official closure of the previous one. It's over 1,000 posts. I had a revelation to add and I added it. Also, the other one got stupid at the end.

For Ralph's archival purposes, this is the 2009-10 Engineers season thread Volume 5. I just find the season repeatedly being in the title is annoying.

Thought I'd kick things off with a bang: Without a Peer's exclusive interview with Seth Appert
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Re: RPI V: Chase for the Championship (and Hobey)

what a joke colgate gets votes in the poll 2 wins vs above 500 teams

rpi beat yale twice michigan bu union unh
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post

OK. It's too bad that the polls reflect how teams are doing NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Yes, I'm starting this slightly earlier than the official closure of the previous one. It's over 1,000 posts. I had a revelation to add and I added it. Also, the other one got stupid at the end.

For Ralph's archival purposes, this is the 2009-10 Engineers season thread Volume 5. I just find the season repeatedly being in the title is annoying.

Thought I'd kick things off with a bang: Without a Peer's exclusive interview with Seth Appert
        last thread http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=87953

It isn't the only annoying thing around.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          It isn't the only annoying thing around.
          Yeah, Beman annoys me too.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post

I agree with that logic (wait a minute...we're talking about polls, where logic is always in question) as I was [pleasantly] shocked. Come playoff time, the records, polls, and anything on paper seem meaningless anyway.

Just wanted to give my respects to RPI this season. Quite a turnaround from the last 2 years and good to see Appert making some progress. Good luck in Ithaca and see you in Hamilton.
            C O L G A T E
            2023 ECAC CHAMPION
            1990 NCAA FINALS
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
            ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
            ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Nice questions, especially getting to learn what Greg B's role will be next season. I guess that we can forget his moving to D.

Also SA confirmed a few things that have been mentioned about next year's schedule. I assume the trip to CC is for two games.

I am somewhat surprised that he didn't realize where you got WAP from.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Excellent interview, RC. It's always great seeing a little deeper into the actions of the coaching staff / players.

Just one note on the weekend recap, Princeton won 4-0 two years ago... cumulative total of 11-0.

And, I'm going to repeat it again. I believe this team can rebound. They still control their own destiny!
                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Just a casual observation that this is the first year in the history of RPI and Union being traveling partners that you could make the case that an ECAC team's most difficult week of the season is traveling to RPI and Union, as we are currently tied with Cornell and Colgate for most points by traveling partners. Hopefully, after this weekend, I won't have to make the case because it will be self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by yarblockers View Post
                    Just a casual observation that this is the first year in the history of RPI and Union being traveling partners that you could make the case that an ECAC team's most difficult week of the season is traveling to RPI and Union, as we are currently tied with Cornell and Colgate for most points by traveling partners. Hopefully, after this weekend, I won't have to make the case because it will be self-evident.
                    Amen. One more CD travel partner road trip... ALBANY !

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Whatever. And I'll say it again, and don't really care if the person decides to neg rep me again, but I'll listen to someone that actually supports their team. Whichever team it happens to be. And by that, I mean following the 10 commandments of RPI hockey (or similar guidelines for other teams), especially the 10th. I realize this could be considered not following the 9th, but that person probably only showed up for Freakout anyway. We have a chance at a first round bye. And a halfway decent shot at getting to the ECAC championships. Oh wait, I forgot, we lost Freakout, it means nothing.
                      I'm a little late to the party on this back and forth from the end of the last thread, but I must clarify a little.

As the primary author of the Ten Commandments of RPI Hockey, let me add some insight into where the 9th Commandment originated from. There's a group of fans at the HFH that take exception to one of the cheers. So much so that they have gone so far as to make T-shirts explaining so, and using air horns to try and drown it out. They routine throw personal insults such as "I can't believe you're so dumb" and the like. All because of one cheer. The 9th Commandment reflects that we are all there to cheer on our favorite team. Why get bogged down in pettiness like them? As such, we take the high road and ignore them.

That being said, the 9th Commandment is not meant to spurn healthy discussion on topics with which we may not agree. Also, this does not mean you can't call out folks who head toward the exits with several minutes left to play in the third when the team is down by a few. The First Church routinely heckles these folks out as they walk past us.

I still can't believe some people started leaving with time left in the 2nd period of BRF. Classless, in my opinion. Hence the 10th Commandment
                      Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Great job, RC. Got a kick out of several of the questions, especially the "I Believe in Seth Appert" ones.

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                          I'm a little late to the party on this back and forth from the end of the last thread, but I must clarify a little.

As the primary author of the Ten Commandments of RPI Hockey, let me add some insight into where the 9th Commandment originated from. There's a group of fans at the HFH that take exception to one of the cheers. So much so that they have gone so far as to make T-shirts explaining so, and using air horns to try and drown it out. They routine throw personal insults such as "I can't believe you're so dumb" and the like. All because of one cheer. The 9th Commandment reflects that we are all there to cheer on our favorite team. Why get bogged down in pettiness like them? As such, we take the high road and ignore them.

That being said, the 9th Commandment is not meant to spurn healthy discussion on topics with which we may not agree. Also, this does not mean you can't call out folks who head toward the exits with several minutes left to play in the third when the team is down by a few. The First Church routinely heckles these folks out as they walk past us.

I still can't believe some people started leaving with time left in the 2nd period of BRF. Classless, in my opinion. Hence the 10th Commandment
                          Just as a spark of curiosity, does this cheer have something to do with some of us wanting Al to announce "even strength"?

And yea, from the stage, I had to yell "Bye bedwetters!"

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Just as a spark of curiosity, does this cheer have something to do with some of us wanting Al to announce "even strength"?

And yea, from the stage, I had to yell "Bye bedwetters!"
                            Yes, you would be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                              Great job, RC. Got a kick out of several of the questions, especially the "I Believe in Seth Appert" ones.
                              WOW!!! can anybody on this board read. Sounds like Seth is me!
                              You morons read what this coach is really saying. His players spit the bit!!

Appert always puts responsibility on the upperclassmen. Why not now?

Brandon, John D or any of the underclassmen. I never attacked them.

It is so funny to listen to you people.

"the dude"

i love it I am the dude

Comment

Working...
                              X