Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI V: Chase for the Championship (and Hobey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI V: Chase for the Championship (and Hobey)

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    hahaha ya we dont want the 3rd in points and 1st in assists on any top 3 all ecac team

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2009-10/leaders

and hes 4th in the whole country in assits
    I worry about a lot of things, but I don't worry about how much hardware Brandon will collect before he leaves Troy.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      If you want to willfully ignore the other 11 teams in the conference, I won't stop you.

Meanwhile... here.
      Great stuff.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        Meanwhile... here.
        Love it! Zolnierczyk not only a hack, but a creeper as well.

Comment

Congrats to Chase, Allen, Brandon, and Jerry.

RC,
          I agree with the others, that is a great blog post.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
            hahaha ya we dont want the 3rd in points and 1st in assists on any top 3 all ecac team

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2009-10/leaders

and hes 4th in the whole country in assits
            It is my understanding that conference awards are based on conference play. In conference, Pirri is tied for 8th in points with several other players. That sounds like third team at best to me, especially for a freshman who still needs to develop the defensive side of his game.

Comment

Originally posted by yarblockers View Post
              It is my understanding that conference awards are based on conference play.
              Correct
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Congrats to Brandon, Chase, Jerry and Allen on being recognized by the ECAC (coaches and media I assume) on good regular seasons. Great to see some of the members of the team recieve awards but in the end do individual awards really matter? If it gives the players a little boost to perform better great because we will need 2 maybe 3 (hopefully not ) solid 60 minute games this weekend to put away Brown.
                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                  Congrats to Brandon, Chase, Jerry and Allen on being recognized by the ECAC (coaches and media I assume) on good regular seasons. Great to see some of the members of the team recieve awards but in the end do individual awards really matter? If it gives the players a little boost to perform better great because we will need 2 maybe 3 (hopefully not ) solid 60 minute games this weekend to put away Brown.
                  Individual recognition is always good for both the individual and the team.
                  Drafted players will bring in better talent. Better talent on the team will bring in players that want to play with that talent.
                  The team will get more recognition from incoming recruits if they see that they can play with the best players available.
                  As for playing this weekend, you are right on. 60 minutes of intense hockey for two nights will put away Brown, then it is off to Union.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

With a series win, we're probably off to Union...but IIRC RC's permutations correctly, there is a scenario or two which sends us back to Starr Rink.

Also, FYI - Appert will be on the radio with Scottzkie tomorrow at 11:05AM on 980AM .

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...-slap-schotts/
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by yarblockers View Post
                      ...especially for a freshman who still needs to develop the defensive side of his game.
                      Not only that, but his performance on the squat rack in the off season... I for one am looking forward to seeing the damage he'll do in the ECAC when he fills out a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        With a series win, we're probably off to Union...but IIRC RC's permutations correctly, there is a scenario or two which sends us back to Starr Rink.
                        Only one scenario: If we win, and Clarkson beats SLU. OK, four scenarios, because the other two games are don't cares.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Only one scenario: If we win, and Clarkson beats SLU. OK, four scenarios, because the other two games are don't cares.
                          Even though it's forcing me to root for CCT (a mortal sin), that is the situation I'm hoping for.
                          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

The only thing RPI needs to worry about is winning this weekend and then take the next round as it comes. I do not care who they play in the next round should we win this weekend. They are not consistent enough to have us looking ahead in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              Even though it's forcing me to root for CCT (a mortal sin), that is the situation I'm hoping for.
                              I picked the longshot of the year, 2-1. Hope the priest's box is open on Monday for both of us...

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                                The only thing RPI needs to worry about is winning this weekend and then take the next round as it comes. I do not care who they play in the next round should we win this weekend. They are not consistent enough to have us looking ahead in my opinion.
                                Totally agree --I was merely pointing out to EHF that should we happen to, by chance, somehow, possibly, proceed to the 2nd round, in theory, hypothetically speaking, for arguments sake, a trip to Itza Messa would not be automatic. Did I couch this post enough?

Comment

Working...
                                X